• Ones who get in

Roger Clemans (91.89%)
    Mike Piazza (86.23%)
    Ichiro (100.00%)

Originally posted by Sharkeater232
    Roger Clemans (91.89%)
    Mike Piazza (86.23%)
    Ichiro (100.00%)
    Do you mean their HOF voting percentages?

I'd guarantee Clemens at the very least will clear 95%
    Piazza probably will hit about 90.
    Ichiro will not be unanimous. Another guarantee. The guy's an incredible player, among the very best in four of the five tools, but his lack of (or, choice to not do so) power will cost votes, plus, if his MLB career is what voters will only look at (and right now, that's what is strictly voted on) his career will be too short to put up the eye-popping counting numbers necessary to reach that total. If Ruth, Cobb, Mays, etc. didn't get it, Ichiro won't, either.
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I'm pretty sure it should read:
      Roger Clemans (91.87%)
      Mike Piazza (84.13%)
      Ichiro (100.00%)

Comment

Originally posted by dgarza
        I'm pretty sure it should read:
        Roger Clemans (91.87%)
        Mike Piazza (84.13%)
        Ichiro (100.00%)
        Ok. Those numbers I can agree with.
        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I don't know...

I think it will be...

Clemens - 92.01%
          Mike Piazza - 83.89%
          and
          Ichiro - 99.96%...There's always one in every crowd....
          "The big thing about (Roberto) Clemente is that he can hit any pitch. I don't mean only strikes. He can hit a ball off his ankles or off his ear." -Hall of Fame pitcher Juan Marichal

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
            Ok. Those numbers I can agree with.
            What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those numbers are like .07 away from mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

My first post is here. Read grouchy :grouchy :grouchy :atthepc :atthepc :atthepc
              Last edited by KHenry14; 12-01-2005, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Are we serious?

Clemens is a no-brainer!

But Piazza or Ichiro? Please!!
                Ichiro hasn't even played long enough.
                He may never be eligible.
                1968 and 1984, the greatest ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigerfan1974
                  Clemens is a no-brainer!

But Piazza or Ichiro? Please!!
                  Ichiro hasn't even played long enough.
                  He may never be eligible.
                  Ichiro will assuredly play five more years.
                  And, as arguably the finest-hitting catcher in baseball history, Piazza is a lock.
                  Sharkeater, if you don't lay off the exclamation points, they will be taken away from you.
                  Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
                    Ichiro will not be unanimous. Another guarantee. The guy's an incredible player, among the very best in four of the five tools, but his lack of (or, choice to not do so) power will cost votes
                    Why does a lack of power or playing the game his own way have to cost him votes? What's the mind set with of writers?
                    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                    Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by Tigerfan1974
                      But Piazza or Ichiro?
                      I was always told to think before I speak.
                      "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                      Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

[QUOTE=Captain Cold Nose if you don't lay off the exclamation points, they will be taken away from you. [/QUOTE]
                        I can put as many exclamation points as I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! and for Captin Nerd nose, STOP editing my posts. Idiots..
                        Last edited by Sharkeater232; 11-30-2005, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Well, Clemens and Piazza are locks (we can haggle over the percentages), but Ichiro??? First he has to play five more years and then has to over come how hollow some of his numbers are. His offensive value is all tie up in his BA and that is highly dependent on his legs. Anything happens to those and he has a real problem. His ISO is a lowly .110 and that is not good for a corner OF.

Not starting his MLB career until he was 26 may well suppress his counting numbers to a point that voters won't see enough to let him in. Voters typically give zero value to a corner OF's defense so that won't help him.

I think he needs five more years like he has had and three - four years of decent decline work.
                          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

I think Ichiro will and should get some credit for his years of dominance in Japanese baseball, something like 7 straight batting titles. Similar to Monte Irvin, who wouldn't have gotten in based on either his Negro League career or his MLB career alone.

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
                              Why does a lack of power or playing the game his own way have to cost him votes? What's the mind set with of writers?
                              Some want absolute perfection, which is why no player has ever been unanimous. Better players than Ichiro have fallen short. He will not be the first.
                              Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X