X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by sharkeater
    nah not so much me but after viewing things they do. and it does become an issue. I mearly took this opportunity to clarify things, as google searches everything, especially when things are left open to it. relax, and resume your chatting about built guys holding wood.
    Thanks, Your Most Gracious Lordship. You are truly the way.

Leave a comment:

• sharkeater
    replied
    nah not so much me but after viewing things they do. and it does become an issue. I mearly took this opportunity to clarify things, as google searches everything, especially when things are left open to it. relax, and resume your chatting about built guys holding wood.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by digglahhh
    There are really people out there googling "sharkeater?...."
    Two pages worth, no less.
    But perhaps we need to get that proper bot control. His Majesty's feathers are ruffled.

Leave a comment:

• digglahhh
    replied
    There are really people out there googling "sharkeater?...."

Leave a comment:

• sharkeater
    replied
    sorry to post here, but alas as I have an "e" persona to protect as well as a lil site, and people have asked as somehow this thread got on page two of google, I must respond.

I am not sharkeater232 the name was once unique to only myself, besides that asian guy, ... lol... and I find the behavior here embarrassing and not at all as I would behave.

thank you and sorry to hit your board this way, put in a proper bot control and I wouldn't have to.

thank you.

art

Leave a comment:

• Captin Warm Nose
    replied
    That's my thread!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
    He's gone now, guys. Sharkeater go bye bye.
    No, I have a feeling he's back-see thread "Who?" on Current Events.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by digglahhh
    Chris,

I wasn't being serious in the sene that I think he is some covert Op. I was just making an anology.

When I was younger and the internet was novel, I got a kick out of disrupting chat rooms with nonsensical banter and sustained mockery, but it got old quick. What is surprising is how long sharkeater continues to amuse himself with his schtick. It is rather immature.
    He's gone now, guys. Sharkeater go bye bye.

Leave a comment:

• digglahhh
    replied
    Chris,

I wasn't being serious in the sene that I think he is some covert Op. I was just making an anology.

When I was younger and the internet was novel, I got a kick out of disrupting chat rooms with nonsensical banter and sustained mockery, but it got old quick. What is surprising is how long sharkeater continues to amuse himself with his schtick. It is rather immature.

Leave a comment:

• Barnstormer
    replied
    Originally posted by Chisox
    I'd love for those that didn't vote for Mays/Aaron to give their explanations and then hang them upside down over the Arctic Ocean from a helicopter.
    Better make it a strong chopper, 23 writers left Mays off their ballot when he was elected. I've never heard any explanation for it.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by Chisox
    Yeah. If Willie Mays and Hank Aaron couldn't get 100%, I don't think anyone will. If Bonds hadn't had all this Balco stuff surrounding him, I would have thought he would have had a chance, but now it's impossible for that to happen. I think this all hinges that since former greats like Ruth didn't get 100%, they don't want to give anyone else that honor. I'd love for those that didn't vote for Mays/Aaron to give their explanations and then hang them upside down over the Arctic Ocean from a helicopter. Again, another reason why I will never support the Hall of Fame.
    Not even Bonds would have gotten in. Hal McCoy of the Dayton Daily News hated Bonds long before the Balco scandal and I would be shocked if he would vote for a steroid-free Bonds, let alone a controversey-tainted one.

Leave a comment:

• Chisox
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
    Their egos will not allow the word perfection placed upon anyone else unless they personally created the legend.
    Yeah. If Willie Mays and Hank Aaron couldn't get 100%, I don't think anyone will. If Bonds hadn't had all this Balco stuff surrounding him, I would have thought he would have had a chance, but now it's impossible for that to happen. I think this all hinges that since former greats like Ruth didn't get 100%, they don't want to give anyone else that honor. I'd love for those that didn't vote for Mays/Aaron to give their explanations and then hang them upside down over the Arctic Ocean from a helicopter. Again, another reason why I will never support the Hall of Fame.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by pesky6
    IMO, no one will ever get 100%. Remember, this is the writers we're talking about--not the sharpest tools in the shed. . .
    Their egos will not allow the word perfection placed upon anyone else unless they personally created the legend.

Leave a comment:

• pesky6
    replied
    IMO, no one will ever get 100%. Remember, this is the writers we're talking about--not the sharpest tools in the shed. . .

Leave a comment:

• hellborn
    replied
    Originally posted by Sharkeater232
    Roger Clemans (91.89%)
    Mike Piazza (86.23%)
    Ichiro (100.00%)
    If Ichiro reverts back to his .300-.310 level and doesn't score even 100 runs due to his OBP not being that great, he'll never get in. And, if his speed fails him, he'll be a marginal ML player.
    Ask Maris what it means to own one very important single season record in the course of a otherwise good, but not great, career as far as the HOF is concerned. I'd be more upset that this guy has the hits record if he hadn't taken it from a loser like Sisler. Those of you who love Sisler...look at home-road records for lefties in his park, and consider that many of his contemporaries thought that Hal Chase was a superior player. They're like the guys who pick Ozzie Smith as the #1 all time SS...Ozzie was a excellent player, a clear championship level SS, but picking him as #1 all time shows a lack of consideration for a player's complete game. Playing a tremendous 1B at a time when that was a critical defensive position and piling up big hitting numbers that are 90% related to being a lefty in Sportsman's in the '20s (before the screens were put up along with other changes) makes him a good player for his time, not great for then and especially not for all time.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X