X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Hall of Fame

Someone (wrgptfan?) linked to this site a while ago:

http://doug.obscurestuff.com/vhof.html

The VHOF is holding their 2005 election now. It's open to the public, so anyone who wants to vote can do so. Since most of us have our top-100 lists anyway, it shouldn't be hard to put together a ballot if you're so inclined.

My ballot went: Leonard, BRobinson, Roberts, Cronin, Dihigo.

How do we vote?
    "Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio, a nation turns its lonely eyes to you. What's that you say Mrs. Robinson? Joltin' Joe has left and gone away. Hey hey hey."

Comment

Below the 2004 election results it says:

"Now that the 2005 season is over, it's time for another round of VHOF elections. All players not already in the VHOF who did not play on a major league team in 2005 are eligible -- that includes all the players above (except Raines) as well as newcomers Barry Larkin , Roberto Alomar , and Edgar Martinez .

Vote for five players, ranked in order from first to fifth, and email your ballot to me at [email protected] . I'll tabulate votes and announce the results once the votes stop coming in. Feel free to discuss the election at the Usenet newsgroup rec.sport.baseball ."

Comment

You go to the website abacab posted and after the pix of the inductees there is a section giving the email address where you can send in your vote.

Vote for five players, ranked in order from first to fifth, and email your ballot to me at *******@***.com . I'll tabulate votes and announce the results once the votes stop coming in. Feel free to discuss the election at the Usenet newsgroup rec.sport.baseball .
        Dave Kent

Comment

The VHOF is holding their 2006 election now. I would think anyone voting for the BBF Hall would be interested in participating in this. Since the VHOF is about half the size of the real HOF (and now, about half the size of the BBF Hall too), there are still plenty of all-time greats on the outside.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X