Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hall of Fame announced today @ 2 eastern...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody explain how Will Clark can only get 4.4% of the votes while Steve Garvey getss over 25%?
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST
      Somebody explain how Will Clark can only get 4.4% of the votes while Steve Garvey getss over 25%?
      The Dodgers are a more popular franchise?

Eddie Cunningham
      20 20

Finally---something Nats and Birds fans can agree on!

Comment

Originally posted by KingNothing13
        Next year will be interesting. Mark McGwire, Cal Ripken JR and Tony Gwynn from what I read on espn.com are all on it for the first time.
        I'm thinking that if McGwire doesn't wish to focus upon things he did in the past, well then, neither do I. I say they take their sweet little time on voting him in.

I say that his new slogan should be "Wait'll next year", then we'll see if he realizes that his skirting his past comes back to haunt him. Could take a chomp out of his memorabilia sales if he doesn't have that trophied Cooperstown enshrinement on his side.
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Sarcastic
          The fact that Lee Smith wasnt even close is an absolute joke.

How the all time saves leader can be left off when Eck and and now Sutter are both in?

Because most people who watch baseball have a really lame and unfounded idea of what a closer is.

Comment

Yeah, the holder of the record for a particular position ought to be in. And it's not like Smith is the reliever equivalent of Don "I Just Got the Stats Because I Wasn't Injured and Played a Long Time" Sutton.

McGwire's in. Toooooo many homers to ignore; and he's creditted with bringing baseball back after the strike. If Sutter gets in for "inventing" the splitter, McGwire gets in for that.
            sigpicIt's not whether you fall -- everyone does -- but how you come out of the fall that counts.

Comment

Moving here, from CE. Please keep all Cooperstown threads over here, folks.

Thanks.
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X