21.43%
    Tim Raines
    42.86%
    Rusty Staub
    10.71%

The poll is expired.

REMEMBER THE EXPOS

I Rocked the vote.

Pedro is by far the best player here, but he goes as a Red Sock (that looks so funny). I don't support Staub or Dawson for the Hall, although I guess I wouldn't really mind if the latter made it.

What about other, particularly Vlad? Maybe not the ten years part, but deserving nonetheless and his Expo tenure will represent the his prime.
    THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT COME WITH A SCORECARD

In the avy: AZ - Doe or Die

Comment

If Pedro doesn't pitch four more years, he'll be in within the listed time frame.
      Raines is eligible in 2008. He probably will get in after a couple years on the ballot.
      Dawson came real close in 2006. He'll probably get elected within the next five years.
      Staub won't make it.
      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

All 3 not named Staub.
        Question?
        How many will make in AS AN EXPO?
        How many should go in AS AN EXPO (not should go in at all)?
        Johnson and now Goligoski gone.
        I hope that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Chisox
          All 3 not named Staub.
          Question?
          How many will make in AS AN EXPO?
          How many should go in AS AN EXPO (not should go in at all)?
          Martinez was a very good pitcher for the Expos who became an all-time great with Boston. Fairly easy choice.
          Dawson made his name as an Expo but won the MVP because of his HR/RBI numbers for a bad Cub team. If Gary Carter is depicted in a Montreal cap, so should Dawson.
          Raines's case for Montreal far outweights the Chisox, Yankees, Marlins or Orioles.
          Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Dawson - deserves immediate election, Expo cap on his plaque
            Martinez - 1st ballot choice, Red Sox cap on his plaque
            Raines - 1st ballot choice, Expo cap on his plaque
            Staub - very nice career, but not Hall-worthy

There are three players deserving of the Hall who should represent the Expos therein: Carter, Dawson and Raines.
            "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
            "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
            "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
            "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

I know Staub, La Grande Orange, is a memorable player in Expos history, but he only spent 3.5 years of his 23 year career in Montreal. Not that Staub is anywhere close to being in the Hall, but if he were, I'd say he'd be a Met.

Comment

An Expo Hall of Famer?

Is that an oxymoron?
                Maybe if Rose ever makes it he could be an Expo for the part of 84 he was there?
                Please! There are no Expo Hall of Famers.
                1968 and 1984, the greatest ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigerfan1974
                  Is that an oxymoron?
                  Maybe if Rose ever makes it he could be an Expo for the part of 84 he was there?
                  Please! There are no Expo Hall of Famers.
                  Guess you missed Gary Carter's election a couple years back.
                  Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Raines would be the first for me, since he will be on the ballot in two years. Pedro is at least 5 away. Staub a definite "no". Dawson a reluctant "no".
                    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

I think Raines and Dawson will be the next,and sadly,the last Expo caps in the HOF. JMO.

I'll wait another 5 years on Vlad to give a more definate opinion on him.

Comment

Raines and Dawson are sure Hall of Famers if you compare them to the players they competed with in the 80's era.

Expo and Hall of Famer is an oxymoron? I guess Pedro Martinez, Vladimir Guerrero, Randy Johnson are oxymorons to Hall of Famers too.

Comment

misunderstanding.

I simply meant those that were listed will NOT go into the Hall, if they ever do, as Expos. They have had most of their success and careers away from Montreal. Carter is probably the only "Expo" to ever be in the Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigerfan1974
                            I simply meant those that were listed will NOT go into the Hall, if they ever do, as Expos. They have had most of their success and careers away from Montreal. Carter is probably the only "Expo" to ever be in the Hall.
                            Yet 65% of the voters gave their oks to Dawson the latest go around. With quite a few more years on the ballot, to say he won't get in is not based in reality. And he did more for the Expos than with any team. The Cubs have an argument, but not too great of one.
                            When Raines gets elected, his case wth the Expos far overshadows every other team.
                            So Johnson or Martinez still haven't done enough, but you endorse Mickey Lolich?
                            Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
                              Yet 65% of the voters gave their oks to Dawson the latest go around. With quite a few more years on the ballot, to say he won't get in is not based in reality. And he did more for the Expos than with any team. The Cubs have an argument, but not too great of one.
                              When Raines gets elected, his case wth the Expos far overshadows every other team.
                              So Johnson or Martinez still haven't done enough, but you endorse Mickey Lolich?
                              Dawson, if he makes it, might go in as a Cub. Raines will not make it.
                              Johnson will probably go as either a Mariner or the first Diamondback.
                              Martinez is doubtful as well.

Lolich was one of ther Dominant Leftiers of the 60's and 70's.
                              He is long overdue. Come on Veterans Committee, make it right!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X