Most Prestigeous Hall of Fame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pine Tar
    I always have thought baseball but am starting to rethink that a bit. The reason is that there are a lot more starting players on a football team than on a baseball team (aren't there 26 starters in football while only 13 in baseball (if you include all 5 pitchers). I mean, when players like Michael Irvin, Thurman Thomas, Harry Carson, Art Monk, Derrick Thomas, and LC Greenwood can't get elected it makes me wonder.
    I'm beginning to see that, too. There are 22 starters in football, 9 in baseball. 24 including the kicker/punters to 13/14 including the DH/rest of rotation. There are, in all honesty, probably more great players on a football field at any given time than on a baseball field (even if you have all the offensive starters out there). Then again, Santo, Dahlen, and a few others like Bobby Bonds and Andre Dawson could compare to those not in Canton.
    Johnson and now Goligoski gone.
    I hope that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pine Tar
      I always have thought baseball but am starting to rethink that a bit. The reason is that there are a lot more starting players on a football team than on a baseball team (aren't there 26 starters in football while only 13 in baseball (if you include all 5 pitchers). I mean, when players like Michael Irvin, Thurman Thomas, Harry Carson, Art Monk, Derrick Thomas, and LC Greenwood can't get elected it makes me wonder.
      Carson was finally elected this year. As for the rest, well, Monk has me scratching my head as well. As long as he's out, Irvin's out. But outside of Greenwood, they should all get in within the next couple years.
      Far less writers vote for the FHOF than the BHOF. And they actually meet to discuss the candidates, including the Seniors Candidates. That's why two guys who played in the 20's and 30's were able to make it last year.The process for election, done in stages, is probably better for football than for baseball.
      As far as the actual HOFs go, there's no comparison. The museum in Canton is a good museum in an moderately sized city that is surrounded by a lot of parks and areas of state historic importance, not to mention Cleveland, and hour north. Cooperstown is the embodiment of small town charm and is an idyllic setting for the "birthplace" of the Great American Pasttime. The awe factor is just so much greater. Both are worth seeing, but the Baseball Hall of Fame is the better Hall of Fame.
      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X