1930s League Division Winner
    1950s League Champion
    1960 Strat-O-Matic League Regular Season Winner
    1960s League Division Winner
    1970s League Champion
    1971 Strat-O-Matic League Runner Up
    1980s League Champion
    All Time Greats League Champion

I suppose it shouldn't be surprising that a majority of the comments in that article advocate for Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe (neither of which have anything to do with the PED conversation).

I have to wonder if Mays' comments will move the needle for any voters this fall. The Hall of Fame (meaning its board of directors) is so concerned about how potential election results might fare with the living Hall of Famers when it suits them. Let's be consistent, Mr. Morgan. Willie Mays' opinion is as valuable a contribution to the conversation as yours is.
    "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
    "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
    "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
    "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

I saw Willie's full speech at the ceremony for Bonds. MLB has a video of the hour long ceremony on its site, which delayed the start of the game. Willie made some good points, even though his impromptu speech was rather rambling and repetitive at times. With the start of the game approaching, I could imagine the organizers of the event were sweating bullets wondering how long Willie would insist on speaking.

Comment

Willie is Bond's Godfather; I'm sure he'd like to see him reach the Hall.
        They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
          Willie is Bond's Godfather; I'm sure he'd like to see him reach the Hall.
          Sadly, I was reminded of all the "He is a good boy" TV clips we see in Chicago after family members are interviewed when a youngster is involved in a shooting (usually when they are the shooter). Sorry family members, you are overlooking the obvious...your "good boy" did something horrible.
          Since its that time of year
          Do they still play the blues in Chicago, when baseball season rolls around?
          When the snow melts away, do the Chi-Sox still play, in horribly named burial ground?

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

Originally posted by Toledo Inquisition View Post

Sadly, I was reminded of all the "He is a good boy" TV clips we see in Chicago after family members are interviewed when a youngster is involved in a shooting (usually when they are the shooter). Sorry family members, you are overlooking the obvious...your "good boy" did something horrible.
            That's an insane comp. Taking steroids is in no way "horrible" and is nothing compared to shooting somebody.

19th Century League Champion
            1900s League Champion
            1910s League Champion

1950s League Champion
            1970s League Champion
            1980s League Champion

Comment

Originally posted by SavoyBG View Post

That's an insane comp. Taking steroids is in no way "horrible" and is nothing compared to shooting somebody.
              The comparison is for a family member/someone close to the situation showing poor judgment in overlooking the faults of the person being discussed.

Taking the steroids as horrible is a perspective that depends on each person. The minor and MLBers who lost jobs and/or money to PED users could consider it horrible.
              Since its that time of year
              Do they still play the blues in Chicago, when baseball season rolls around?
              When the snow melts away, do the Chi-Sox still play, in horribly named burial ground?

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

The comparison is for a family member/someone close to the situation showing poor judgment in overlooking the faults of the person being discussed.

Taking the steroids as horrible is a perspective that depends on each person. The minor and MLBers who lost jobs and/or money to PED users could consider it horrible.
                Nobody lost a job because of Bonds taking steroids.

19th Century League Champion
                1900s League Champion
                1910s League Champion

1950s League Champion
                1970s League Champion
                1980s League Champion

Comment

That's ridiculous. Bonds was a top all time player, before he took roids. No one lost a job. The whole roid thing is so hypocritical it's sickening. The whole media was in a love fest in 1998 with Mac/Sosa. Then they DECIDED that it wasn't OK?? barf!!

There is already at least a dozen roiders in the hall now. When does this insanity stop? Everyone who is down on the roiders now is a giant hypocrite.
                  This week's Giant

#5 in games played as a Giant with 1721 , Bill Terry

Comment

Originally posted by JR Hart View Post

That's ridiculous. Bonds was a top all time player, before he took roids. No one lost a job. The whole roid thing is so hypocritical it's sickening. The whole media was in a love fest in 1998 with Mac/Sosa. Then they DECIDED that it wasn't OK?? barf!!

There is already at least a dozen roiders in the hall now. When does this insanity stop? Everyone who is down on the roiders now is a giant hypocrite.
                    This post is ridiculous...
                    • No, public opinion decided it wasn't ok. Then the writers followed, then the MLBPA & MLB started banning PED's in 2006 and thus the BBWAA didn't elect known users to the HoF.
                    • Is this an "alternative fact"?
                    • Every sports league in the world bans PED's including the Olympics, Le Tour de France, the NFL, the English Premier League, etc., etc., etc.
                    Also, where have you been? I feel like you haven't posted in weeks.
                    "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

[QUOTE=bluesky5;n3491166]

This post is ridiculous...[*]No, public opinion decided it wasn't ok. Then the writers followed,

As I said >>> hypocrites!!!

then the MLBPA & MLB started banning PED's in 2006 and thus the BBWAA didn't elect known users to the HoF.

so those who used before 2006 were retroactively out??? That's ridiculously unfair.[*]Is this an "alternative fact"?

At least a dozen of these guys roided: If you don't believe it, then you are naive. [*]Every sports league in the world bans PED's including the Olympics, Le Tour de France, the NFL, the English Premier League, etc., etc., etc.

I didn't mean to infer that there should't be testing
                      This week's Giant

Comment

[QUOTE=JR Hart;n3491168]
                        Originally posted by bluesky5 View Post

This post is ridiculous...[*]No, public opinion decided it wasn't ok. Then the writers followed,

As I said >>> hypocrites!!!

then the MLBPA & MLB started banning PED's in 2006 and thus the BBWAA didn't elect known users to the HoF.

so those who used before 2006 were retroactively out??? That's ridiculously unfair.[*]Is this an "alternative fact"?

At least a dozen of these guys roided: If you don't believe it, then you are naive. [*]Every sports league in the world bans PED's including the Olympics, Le Tour de France, the NFL, the English Premier League, etc., etc., etc.

I didn't mean to infer that there should't be testing
                        None of them came close to the ridiculous stats Bonds put up. Most of them didn't even do as well as Mcgwire, Sosa, or Giambi did in their best seasons. Either these guys were clean, or those others were juicing way more than they did.

Last edited by willshad; 08-13-2018, 09:32 AM.

Comment

No evidence or accusations against any of those guys regarding PED's. The only one with any accusations is Pudge Rodriguez. More b.s. from you because Bonds can't get elected.
                          "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

[QUOTE=willshad;n3491170]
                            Originally posted by JR Hart View Post

None of them came close to the ridiculous stats Bonds put up. Most of them didn't even do as well as Mcgwire, Sosa, or Giambi did in their best seasons. Either these guys were clean, or those others were juicing way more than they did.
                            Originally posted by bluesky5 View Post
                            No evidence or accusations against any of those guys regarding PED's. The only one with any accusations is Pudge Rodriguez. More b.s. from you because Bonds can't get elected.
                            So there's no chance that any of these guys roided??

That's just preposterous!!! Hello ostriches.

Again, at least a dozen of these guys roided: If you don't believe it, then you are naive.

This week's Giant

Comment

Fakeee Newsss

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X