Albright's Musings v 2.0 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albright's Musings v 2.0 Discussion Thread

SavoyBG--use this thread to comment/critique/suggest for JAlbright's musings thread.

Lots of people use that thread for reference and do not want to see your one liners cluttering it up. For your more in depth player critiques, use the thread you set up.

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
    Lots of people use that thread for reference and do not want to see your one liners cluttering it up.
    The part they use for reference is long before the most current posts. When you use it for reference you go to post # 2 on the first page and click on what you want to look at.

19th Century League Champion
    1900s League Champion
    1910s League Champion

1930s League Division Winner
    1950s League Champion
    1960 Strat-O-Matic League Regular Season Winner
    1960s League Division Winner
    1970s League Champion
    1971 Strat-O-Matic League Runner Up
    1980s League Champion
    All Time Greats League Champion

Comment

Originally posted by SavoyBG View Post

The part they use for reference is long before the most current posts. When you use it for reference you go to post # 2 on the first page and click on what you want to look at.
      I know how to navigate the thread. Stop posting in it! It is not yours! There is no reason for it. You now have a discussion thread.

Comment

I know how to navigate the thread. Stop posting in it! It is not yours! There is no reason for it. You now have a discussion thread.
        You mean, we can only post in our own threads?

1900s League Champion
        1910s League Champion

1950s League Champion
        1970s League Champion
        1980s League Champion

Comment

You mean, we can only post in our own threads?
          You really have absolutely zero respect for anyone. Unbelievable! You have ruined this site! Congratulations!

Comment

You really have absolutely zero respect for anyone. Unbelievable! You have ruined this site! Congratulations!
            I asked him to analyze Mauer's case. That's "ruining" the site?

If Jim didn't want anyone posting in that thread he would have closed it down and only open it when he wants to edit something.

1900s League Champion
            1910s League Champion

1950s League Champion
            1970s League Champion
            1980s League Champion

Comment

I asked him to analyze Mauer's case. That's "ruining" the site?

If Jim didn't want anyone posting in that thread he would have closed it down and only open it when he wants to edit something.
              That thread came from another thread and is 12 years of contributions. Everyone from this site except for you respects that and does not clutter it up with garbage. Get a clue and quit trying to ruin this site for everyone!

Comment

I'd prefer that requests come to this thread or via PM. I'll get to Utley, Mauer and Ortiz eventually. If there are other suitable retirements, I'll tackle them as well I will note I don't put active players in the musings thread.
                Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
                Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
                A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

I posted the Utley and Mauer comments in the musings thread and also in threads discussing those two players.
                  A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by jalbright View Post
                    I posted the Utley and Mauer comments in the musings thread and also in threads discussing those two players.
                    Thanks. Let's see if the writers agree with your takes. I suspect that Utley will struggle to get a lot of support from them. No MVP, no batting titles, no huge career totals, the things that those schmucks like to go by.

1900s League Champion
                    1910s League Champion

1950s League Champion
                    1970s League Champion
                    1980s League Champion

Comment

Thanks. Let's see if the writers agree with your takes. I suspect that Utley will struggle to get a lot of support from them. No MVP, no batting titles, no huge career totals, the things that those schmucks like to go by.
                      If I had to predict, Mauer's a tough sell unless modern metrics are dominant by the time he is eligible, and even then it's a tough case. They'd have to buy in on the peak argument. Utley probably won't get in by the writers, but I was surprised how well he did even in counting stats against 2B, which makes his case an easier sell. I suspect not enough witll bite even with that, but it's an easier case to make.

Comment

If I had to predict, Mauer's a tough sell unless modern metrics are dominant by the time he is eligible, and even then it's a tough case. They'd have to buy in on the peak argument. Utley probably won't get in by the writers, but I was surprised how well he did even in counting stats against 2B, which makes his case an easier sell. I suspect not enough witll bite even with that, but it's an easier case to make.
                        I think the writers will jump on the 3 battles titles and an MVP for a catcher and put him in.

1900s League Champion
                        1910s League Champion

1950s League Champion
                        1970s League Champion
                        1980s League Champion

Comment

I think Mauer is going to sail in on the first ballot, with over 80% of the vote. I've heard a LOT of Joe Mauer, future HOFer talk, all this year and especially in the last 2-3 months in the media. I think Savoy is spot on with the three batting titles, the MVP and I'll add the 0.307 BA and the home town, one team star aspect.

Going back and forth between this thread and the Utley one, I think Mauer has the more likely case, both in what I think the media thinks, raw numbers, and sabermetrics (the truly big stat guys will look at some catching numbers outside WAR type values, even if he only caught for half a career).
                          Last edited by Toledo Inquisition; 11-13-2018, 03:09 PM.
                          On one hand, the White Sox had to forfeit a game. On the other hand, disco was finally killed off. So overall, it was a win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZaXq338HN4

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X