Progress on Personal HOF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaKid12 View Post

Toledo, I really appreciate the feedback and love reading your stuff. Is there anyone that list that you do agree with that should be in the HOF? Also specifically interested in your thoughts on Murphy and Freehan, who I have as my next two in.
    You didn't ask me, but I think that's a great "next two".

I rate Murphy higher than some other folks here; IMO he's the best eligible CF not in (Beltran is better but he's in the 5-year on deck circle).

And with you letting in Mauer, Simmons, & Munson, Freehan is definitely the next catcher up.

Comment

I truly appreciate the thoughtful feedback you have provided along with the messages you sent me on players to look into. It is all very much appreciated. The closest out of everyone I had in my PHOF was Bill Freehan. There were days where I had him in, and others where I did not. Interestingly enough, the next closest is someone you do not have listed here, Dale Murphy. Out of curiosity who do you think has a better HOF resume, Buddy Bell or Sal Bando?
      To me Dale Murphy belongs as well. I think he would be a great choice. The Bell vs. Bando is a tough one. To me they both belong but I would give Bell the edge just because of how great a defender he was. Bando gets the edge in hitting and baserunning but Bell was good offensively and I would say he's at least top three defensively as a third baseman. In Wizardry about baseball's all-time greatest fielders he's ranked second behind Brooks Robinson.

Comment

Toledo, I really appreciate the feedback and love reading your stuff. Is there anyone that list that you do agree with that should be in the HOF? Also specifically interested in your thoughts on Murphy and Freehan, who I have as my next two in.
        Thank you for the kind words! I appreciate them!

I personally support Jim Edmonds and Billy Pierce - l'll make some points when I have more time to present my arguments (hopefully tomorrow).
        60 games is better than none.
        July 23 can't come soon enough.
        Bring on the 2020 season.
        PLAY BALL!

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

I don't see Jim Wynn's HOF case at all. He continues to go down, the more that I look at him.

The Astrodome didn't make him hit .202 in 1971 (72 OPS+) and .220 in 1973 when he was supposed to be in his prime.

His counting totals are very weak.
          This week's Giant

#5 in games played as a Giant with 1721 , Bill Terry

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X