No announcement yet.

2020 Modern Era Hall of Fame Ballot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd put them all in and throw in Will Clark.

Go Garv especially

I want the BBF meltdown!!!
    This week's Giant

#5 in games played as a Giant with 1721 , Bill Terry

Comment

Right Fielders
      STRONG – Bobby Bonds, Dwight Evans, Reggie Smith
      WEAK – Jack Clark, Dave Parker, Ken Singleton, Rusty Staub
      Just curious

What puts your Strong candidates over Dave Parker
      This week's Giant

Comment

Was just listening to Chris Russo and he had Bill Madden on. He said that Mattingly and Whitaker were the last 2 people voted onto the ballot and they saw the other 8 as no brainers, so don’t expect much change in the future. Also Madden and Russo both agreed that Garvey was by far the most worthy on the ballot and both cannot fathom how it hasn’t happened yet. Russo said he thinks there might be some jealous of Garvey and don’t want him in. Russo also said he would be fine with Simmons in and that Whitaker is not a hall of Famer.

bill madden mentioned how Keith Hernandez was in discussion to be on the ballot until the final vote. I am really confused on their support of Garvey, as I have him by far the least worthy of the 10.

Comment

Originally posted by DaKid12 View Post
          Was just listening to Chris Russo and he had Bill Madden on. He said that Mattingly and Whitaker were the last 2 people voted onto the ballot and they saw the other 8 as no brainers, so don’t expect much change in the future. Also Madden and Russo both agreed that Garvey was by far the most worthy on the ballot and both cannot fathom how it hasn’t happened yet. Russo said he thinks there might be some jealous of Garvey and don’t want him in. Russo also said he would be fine with Simmons in and that Whitaker is not a hall of Famer.

bill madden mentioned how Keith Hernandez was in discussion to be on the ballot until the final vote. I am really confused on their support of Garvey, as I have him by far the least worthy of the 10.
          Go Garv!!

this could be the year!!

long overdue
          This week's Giant

Comment

Originally posted by JR Hart View Post
            I'd put them all in and throw in Will Clark.

Go Garv especially

Nobody cares that much - the lid has already been blown off. It will get a thread of a few complainers and that is it.
            1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
            The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Originally posted by Stieb37 View Post
              A shame that Tiant was taken off instead of someone else.......
              I think Tiant may have been moved to the Golden Days 1950 to 1969 Era, which is up for election in December 2020.
              Minnie Minoso, Jim Kaat, Richie 'Dick' Allen' Maury Wills, Gil Hodges Ken Boyer and Tony Oliva appear to be the best candidates for that era's election

Comment

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
                Trammel is in the HOF, so I predict Whitaker will join him this year. None of the people on that ballot would bother me if they are elected.
                Whitaker wasn't even on the last ballot, so I don't think this will be his year, but he will get in a couple of elections down the road. I'm thinking HOF Class of 2025 for L.W.

Comment

Originally posted by DaKid12 View Post

I'm never surprised by Russo's comments. He was so against Baines but supports Garvey. I think he also supports Kent but not Mcgriff. I just don't understand why MLB Network can't ever have any conversation of substance regarding the Hall of Fame. If they do it's about three minutes long. One guy mentioned if we elect Lou Whitaker then you have to elect Bobby Grich. His comment was immediately silenced surprisingly by Brian Kenny.

Comment

Simmons & Miller Definitely, but then the picture gets cloudy from that point on. Personally, I'm leaning towards Tommy John. 288 wins - just a dozen shy of 300 and he's not in the HOF - give me a break!

Comment

Originally posted by Bothrops Atrox View Post

Nobody cares that much - the lid has already been blown off. It will get a thread of a few complainers and that is it.
                      OOHHH.....The Garvey hatred is strong.

I predict;

An implosion of indignation.

A sour taste of taint

A collection of yellow bile

A gathering of wrath

An ensemble of exasperation

A mass of petulance

A convocation of vexation

Garvey's election will topple the hall and all of it's values. Sabermetrics will be set back 30 years. Sabermetrician hand-wringing will be fierce.

Recounts will be demanded, injunctions filed. There will be protests in the streets, globally. Governments may topple.

How dare the 10 time all star, post season hero, and iron man trod the Cooperstown turf.

He...just..didn't..walk .. enough!!

This week's Giant

Comment

Originally posted by Bothrops Atrox View Post

I'll start it for old-times sake.
                        “There can be no higher law in journalism than to tell the truth and to shame the devil.” Walter Lippmann

"I don't care if the guy is yellow or black, or if he has stripes like a ******* zebra. I'm the manager of this team and I say he [Robinson] plays." - Leo Durocher

Comment

Originally posted by JR Hart View Post
                          And here the rest of us just want a good electoral result. Deserving players elected. Undeserving not elected.

What's wrong with you?
                          "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
                          "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
                          "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
                          "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

Originally posted by jr hart View Post
                            oohhh.....the garvey hatred is strong.

I predict;

an implosion of indignation.

A sour taste of taint

a collection of yellow bile

a gathering of wrath

an ensemble of exasperation

a mass of petulance

a convocation of vexation

garvey's election will topple the hall and all of it's values. Sabermetrics will be set back 30 years. Sabermetrician hand-wringing will be fierce.

Recounts will be demanded, injunctions filed. There will be protests in the streets, globally. Governments may topple.

How dare the 10 time all star, post season hero, and iron man trod the cooperstown turf.

He...just..didn't..walk .. Enough!!
                            #never garvey
                            "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
                            "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards

Comment

Can we elect Bill Singer? Favorite Strat-O-Matic Pitcher in '69
                              “There can be no higher law in journalism than to tell the truth and to shame the devil.” Walter Lippmann

"I don't care if the guy is yellow or black, or if he has stripes like a ******* zebra. I'm the manager of this team and I say he [Robinson] plays." - Leo Durocher

Comment

Originally posted by 1954 Phils View Post
                                Simmons & Miller Definitely, but then the picture gets cloudy from that point on. Personally, I'm leaning towards Tommy John. 288 wins - just a dozen shy of 300 and he's not in the HOF - give me a break!
                                You're suggesting that anyone with 288 wins belongs in Cooperstown?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X