Possible New Project Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible New Project Idea

The NBHoFM has 329 total members through the 2019 elections.

The idea I have is:

What if baseball had launched the Hall of Fame in 1871 (the first year of the professional National Association)? My thinking is we could have elections starting in 1871 where we bridge the gap, meaning we start with something along the lines of electing one person per year from the 1871-1892 elections, 2 people per year from 1893-1901, 3 people from 1901-1935, then following the actual numbers of the real HOF from 1936 onward. Elections from 1871-1935 would be for both players and non-players; from 1935 onwards, we elect based on the actual HOF elections (NeL players would be considered players throughout the entire process and players from other leagues would also be eligible and in fairness to non-players, we will elect 67 non-players from 1935 on wards).

I'd flesh out the rules better later, but first wanted to gauge interest and get feedback.

I like the idea of starting the project early (chronologically speaking) and also of an incrementally graduated number of inductees per year. That said, I have a point of order and two concerns.

My concern is that beginning elections in 1871 is way too early. What about something like 1893? It's the first year of the new pitching distance, it's the 25th year of professional baseball (dating back to 1869). Good time for a Hall of Fame, 25 years in, right? I wouldn't want to start too much earlier as there are mandatory inductions and way too few candidates. Even starting in something like '93, we can begin with the stars of the 1860's if that's your aim. They would certainly be among the top players in people's queues. Starting a decade later, the 1860's and 1870's players would be crowded out. Maybe a little earlier than '93, but certainly not 1871.

My second concern would be what mandatory inductions per year, which gradually increase, but then switch mid-stream (1936) to the happenstance of actual HOF elections? From 1940-1944, you elect a single player. From 1945-1946, you induct 19? No thanks to that. Besides, if we're ignoring the "wisdom" of Cooperstown voters pre-1936, why not simply continue to do so? It would make more sense to continue gradually increasing the number of players as LQ/talent pool/league size increases occur. After the establishment of the stable two-league system in the Deadball Era, the next increase would cover the integration/expansion years.

By the way, I do like making non-MLBers eligible from Day One.

Finally, I'd point out that by the suggestions in the OP, we'd be electing Cooperstown's 332 members (including Jeter's upcoming coronation) PLUS another 145 inductees. People who participate should do so understanding fully that this project would be a membership roughly 150% the size of Cooperstown's and "small hall" peeps would have to adjust their mindset accordingly.
    "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
    "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
    "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
    "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

I did this on my own to create my personal HoF since I didn't think it was fair to select players in bulk with the benefit of hindsight. Also, I can tell ya right now basically no one will vote in the 19th c. elections.
      "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

Originally posted by bluesky5 View Post
        I did this on my own to create my personal HoF since I didn't think it was fair to select players in bulk with the benefit of hindsight. Also, I can tell ya right now basically no one will vote in the 19th c. elections.
        I will...........
        This week's Giant

#5 in games played as a Giant with 1721 , Bill Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Chadwick View Post
          I like the idea of starting the project early (chronologically speaking) and also of an incrementally graduated number of inductees per year. That said, I have a point of order and two concerns.

My concern is that beginning elections in 1871 is way too early. What about something like 1893? It's the first year of the new pitching distance, it's the 25th year of professional baseball (dating back to 1869). Good time for a Hall of Fame, 25 years in, right? I wouldn't want to start too much earlier as there are mandatory inductions and way too few candidates. Even starting in something like '93, we can begin with the stars of the 1860's if that's your aim. They would certainly be among the top players in people's queues. Starting a decade later, the 1860's and 1870's players would be crowded out. Maybe a little earlier than '93, but certainly not 1871.
          That is a good point and 1893 sounds like a logical starting point for a project like this.

My second concern would be what mandatory inductions per year, which gradually increase, but then switch mid-stream (1936) to the happenstance of actual HOF elections? From 1940-1944, you elect a single player. From 1945-1946, you induct 19? No thanks to that. Besides, if we're ignoring the "wisdom" of Cooperstown voters pre-1936, why not simply continue to do so? It would make more sense to continue gradually increasing the number of players as LQ/talent pool/league size increases occur. After the establishment of the stable two-league system in the Deadball Era, the next increase would cover the integration/expansion years.

By the way, I do like making non-MLBers eligible from Day One.

Finally, I'd point out that by the suggestions in the OP, we'd be electing Cooperstown's 332 members (including Jeter's upcoming coronation) PLUS another 145 inductees. People who participate should do so understanding fully that this project would be a membership roughly 150% the size of Cooperstown's and "small hall" peeps would have to adjust their mindset accordingly.
          My thoughts on this is that since its inception, counting contributors, the HOF has elected an average of just under 4 people per year and since we are starting at an earlier date (in this case, probably 1893 vs. 1936, that would translate to a hall of just under 400 if we were following that trend.

Instead of following the actual hall, how about continuing with the graduated elections, increasing incrementally according to milestone eras like the above? Do these numbers translate better, or should they be adjusted further?

1893-1919: 1 person per year
          1920-1946: 2 per year
          1947-1969: 3 per year
          1970-1994: 4 per year
          1995-2020: 5 per year

If my math is right, that would put us at 373 total.

*In terms of eligibility, for simplicity sake, contributors can still be active as long as their main contributions occurred prior to the election year.
          *Managers become eligible the year after their last season.
          *Players become eligible the year after their last season.
          *People who went on to manage and inserted themselves into a game occasionally become eligible starting with their last full time season as a player. Full time will mean 20 PA's or more.
          *There will be no minimum threshold for service time.
          *Lifetime bans and PEDs players are eligible for election. However, individuals may choose to omit them from their ballots. If enough of the electorate bump one of them into the HOF, so be it. I'm not going to fault anyone who wants to vote against their election, though.
          *For non-players, I leave it up to individuals to add them and stump for them. If we only get a few over the line, so be it. My thoughts are the best managers, executives and pioneers will still bubble to the top. Especially with the knowledgeable user base on this site.
          *Any member of this site in good standing may cast a ballot.

Does that help clarify some things?

I am looking for at least 8-10 participants to make this happen. If you are interested in participating, please chime in and let me know. I can't run a project with only 4 participants. If that is all we have, we could still do something like this, but it would be more as a thread than anything else.
          Last edited by jjpm74; 01-03-2020, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesky5 View Post
            I am worried about this, so I will wait and see if there is enough interest. If not, I will probably do this for myself as I want to revamp my pHOF anyway.

Comment

As we are looking to select the best players, it might make more sense to compare the number of inductions to the number of starting players in a given season. In other words, the number of teams would be more significant than the number of players. For example, consider 1901-1960 had 16 teams per seasons and, therefore, 128 starting position players per season. In 1969, with double the number of teams, there were double the number of starting players. Does that make sense?

Also, if you're going off the number of whole players or just the number of starting players (i.e. teams for shorthand), then you would want to include a gap of time where those players have already played (and retired). For example, you wouldn't bump up the number of inductees in 1969 just because there were more players then than there were in 1968. That's because none of those 1968 1969 players would be eligible for election yet. Ideally, you would want to find the critical mass for every year, when more players are eligible than not.

Let me illustrate. Those who played in 1969, when that number is reflected in your number of inductees...that would be after 1969. When? In whatever year a majority (50% + 1) met your eligibility requirements. Using the 1969 season as an example. Based on your eligibility rules (the year following retirement), 1974 would be the first election in which a majority of the 1969 players were retired. Therefore, 1974 would be the election in which the number of inductees increased by 20% (just as the number of starting jobs increased by 20% from 20 teams to 24 teams with the 1969 season). If that's overly complicated, I understand, but it does reflect a more accurate total inductees to total players ratio.

In any case, what you wrote sounds like an excellent way to maximize participation and fun while keeping things relatively streamlined for the project manager.

This is an ambitious project, but it sure sounds like fun. You can count on my participation.

And, yes, the 19th Century guys sound like some of the most interesting discussion we'll have. It will certainly be to people's advantage to participate in this as early as possible in order to take advantage of the groundwork for the early candidates/inductees and build from there.

I would also recommend a longer-than-normal discussion time for the first several election periods in order to facilitate more back-and-forth over the earliest selections, particularly for the inaugural election.
              "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
              "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards

Comment

BTW, here's a quick shorthand for inductions based on the number of teams

# of MLB teams:
                8 - 1869-1900
                16 - 1901-1961
                20 - 1962-1968
                24 - 1969-1976
                26 - 1977-1992
                28 - 1993-1997
                30 - 1998-Present

It isn't that I'm not counting the AA, PL, FL or UA (or those few years where with more than 8 teams in a league), but rather call it a draw between those excess numbers and the weaker LQ of the time. Most larger leagues, for example, have 10 or 13 teams because some dropped out mid-season, or they were simply desperate to win market share that they couldn't hold or afford. Stuff like that.

If you feel strongly about it, then how about this for the 19th Century?

8 - 1869-1881
                16 - 1882-1891
                12 - 1892-1900

For the sake of simplicity, I didn't strictly adhere to the number in 1900 and 1961. So sue me.

To save time, it's reasonable to assume an average of 5 years after the actual season for 50%+ to be retired. (The average major leaguer still doesn't have a 5 year career in the Bigs.)

Assuming a ratio of 1 inductee per 8 teams, that gives us:

1874-1905 - 1 per year
                1906-1966 - 2 per year
                1967-1973 - 2 per year, but 3 once every 4 years
                1974-1981 - 3 every year
                1982-1997 - 3 every year, but 4 once every 4 years
                1998-2002 - 3 every year, but 4 every other year
                2003-Present - 4 every year, but 3 every 4th year

When the league reaches 32 teams after the next round of expansion, 5 years later we would go to 4 inductees every year - period.

This then gives us the following totals:

1874-1905 - 32 players
                1906-1966 - 122
                1967-1973 - 23
                1974-1981 - 24
                1982-1997 - 52
                1998-2002 - 18
                2003-2020 - 68

That's a total of 339, less cutting off the early years, since we'd be starting at 1893 (not 1874). Tweak the numbers a little to fit what you have in mind, but I hope that's helpful.

Comment

Thanks for the input, Chadwick!

My reasoning on those start years wasn't just because of expansion, but to try to drag the net across the previous generation one last time before the next generation became eligible. Since there would be no eliminations in this project, the backlog could potentially get pretty big as the project progresses. I'll mull it over and see if anyone else wants to weigh in.

For anyone on the fence, this project would be one where your only expectation would be to vote for whoever you thought the best eligible candidates were. One does not need to feel compelled to add contributors, or vote for people you don;t feel comfortable voting for. I only ask for open dialogue when casting a vote.

I will post lists of newly retired potential candidates with the caveats that I will probably miss some of the guys who inserted themselves into games years after they retired, that anyone who played or participated in the sport is ultuimately eligible, so the list will not be exhaustive, and I will leave it up to the voters to stump for non-players. I can help with some of those people, but many outside of the 19th century I know little about.

Comment

Some ideas and research in my pHOF thread that may help you. I hope to add to it soon.
                    Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circumspice.

Comprehensive Reform for the Veterans Committee -- Fixing the Hall continued.

Comment

This is what I came to when going year by year. I didn't include the Japanese players in the year to year elections. Latino league players were selected with the Ne.L. players. Some of these guys may move over to the contributor side like Bresnahan and Jennings. Some will be both like McGraw...

Red = 19th c.
                      Brown = Negro Leagues
                      Green = Latin Leagues
                      Blue = Asian Leagues

Right Field (30)
                      ^ Futures considered in (#) Contributors are not.
                      • Aaron, Hank – Milwaukee Braves
                      Henry Louis Aaron b. 2-5-1934 in Mobile, AL
                      • Canseco, Jose – Oakland Athletics
                      Jose Canseco Capas Jr. b. 7-2-1964 in Havana, Cuba
                      • Clemente, Roberto – Pittsburgh Pirates
                      Roberto Clemente b. 8-18-1934 in Carolina, Venezuela d. 12-31-1972
                      • Crawford, Sam – Detroit Tigers
                      Samuel Earl Crawford b. 4-18-1890 in Wahoo, NE d. 6-15-1968
                      • Cuyler, Kiki – Chicago Cubs (1921-38)
                      Hazen Shirley Cuyler b. 8-30-1898 in Harrisville, MI d. 2-11-1950
                      • Dawson, Andre – Montreal Expos
                      Andre Nolan Dawson b. 7-10-1954 in Miami, FL
                      • Gonzalez, Juan – Texas Rangers
                      Juan Alberto Gonzalez Vazquez b. 10-20-1969 in Vega Baha, PR
                      • Guerrero, Vladimir – Montreal Expos
                      Vladimir Guerrero b. 2-9-1975 in Nizao, D.R.
                      • Gwynn, Tony – San Diego Padres
                      Anthony Keith Gwynn b. 5-9-1960 in Los Angeles, CA d. 6-16-2014
                      • Heilmann, Harry – Detroit Tigers
                      Harry Edwin Heilmann b. 8-3-1894 in San Francisco, CA d. 7-9-1951
                      • Jackson, Reggie – Oakland Athletics
                      Reginald Martinez Jackson b. 5-18-1946 in Abington, PA
                      • Jackson, Shoeless Joe – Chicago White Sox
                      Joseph Walker Jackson b. 7-16-1887 in Pickens County, SC d. 12-5-1951
                      • Kaline, Al – Detroit Tigers
                      Albert William Kaline b. 12-19-1934 in Baltimore, MD
                      Keeler, Wee Willie – Baltimore Orioles (N.L.)
                      William Henry O'Kelleher b. 3-3-1872 in Brooklyn, NY d. 1-1-1923

• Klein, Chuck – Philadelphia Phillies
                      Charles Herbert Klein b. 10-7-1904 in Indianapolis, IN d. 3-28-1958
                      • Maris, Roger – New York Yankees
                      Roger Eugene Maris b. 9-10-1934 in Hibbing, MN d. 12-14-1985
                      • Ott, Mel – New York Giants
                      Melvin Thomas Ott b. 3-2-1909 in Gretna, LA d. 11-21-1958
                      • Ramirez, Manny – Boston Red Sox
                      Manuel Aristedes Ramirez Onelcida b. 5-30-1972 in Santo Domingo, D.R.
                      • Rice, Sam – Washington Senators
                      Edgar Charles Rice b. 2-20-1890 in Morocco, IN d. 10-13-1974
                      • Robinson, Frank – Cincinnati Reds
                      Frank Robinson b. 8-31-1935 in Beuamont, TX d. 2-7-2019
                      • Ruth, Babe – New York Yankees
                      George Herman Ruth b. 2-6-1895 in Baltimore, MD d. 8-16-1948
                      • Sheffield, Gary – Florida Marlins
                      Gary Antonian Sheffield b. 11-18-1968 in Tampa, FL
                      • Slaughter, Enos – St. Louis Cardinals
                      Enos Bradsher Slaughter b. 4-27-1916 in Roxboro, NC d. 8-12-2002
                      • Sosa, Sammy – Chicago Cubs
                      Samuel Kelvin Peralta Sosa b. 11-12-1968 in San Pedro de Macoris, D.R.
                      • Suzuki, Ichiro – Seattle Mariners
                      Ichiro Suzuki b. 10-22-1973 in Kasguai, Japan
                      Thompson, Sam – Philadelphia Phillies
                      Samuel Luther Thompson b. 3-5-1860 in Danville, IN d. 11-7-1922

• Walker, Larry – Colorado Rockies
                      Larry Kenneth Robert Walker b. 12-1-1966 in Maple Ridge, Canada
                      • Waner, Paul – Pittsburgh Pirates
                      Paul Glee Waner b. 4-16-1903 in Harrah, OK d. 8-29-1965
                      • Winfield, Dave – San Diego Padres
                      David Mark Winfield b. 10-3-1951 in St. Paul, MN

Future HoFer's:

• Harper, Bryce – Philadelphia Phillies
                      Bryce Aron Max Harper b. 10-16-1992 in Las Vegas, NV

Inducted primarily for non-playing contributions (4):

• Herzog, Whitey: manager – St. Louis Cardinals
                      Dorrel Norman Elvert Herzog b. 11-9-1931 in New Athens, IL
                      • Southworth, Billy: manager – St. Louis Cardinals
                      William Harold Southworth b. 3-9-1893 in Harvard, NE d. 11-15-1969
                      • Stengel, Casey: manager – New York Yankees
                      Charles Dillon Stengel b. 7-30-1890 in Kansas City, MO d. 9-29-1975
                      Young, Nick: league executive, pioneer – Olympic
                      Nicholas Ephraim Young b. 9-12-1840 in Amsterdam, NY d. 10-31-1916

Left Field (26)
                      • Belle, Albert – Cleveland Indians
                      Albert Jojuan Belle b. 8-25-1966 in Shreveport, LA
                      • Berkman, Lance – Houston Astros
                      William Lance Berkman b. 2-10-1976 in Waco, TX
                      • Bonds, Barry – San Francisco Giants
                      Barry Lamar Bonds b. 7-24-1964 in Riverside, CA
                      • Brock, Lou – St. Louis Cardinals
                      Louis Clark Brock b. 6-18-1939 in El Dorado, AR
                      Burkett, Jesse – Cleveland Blues
                      Jesse Cail Burkett b. 12-4-1868 in Wheeling, WV d. 5-27-1923

• Clarke, Fred – Pittsburgh Pirates
                      Fred Clifford Clarke b. 10-3-1872 in Winterset, IA d. 8-14-1960
                      Delahanty, Ed – Philadelphia Phillies
                      Edward James Delahanty b. 10-30-1867 in Cleveland, OH d. 7-2-1903

• Goslin, Goose – Washington Senators
                      Leon Allen Goslin b. 10-16-1900 in Salem, NJ d. 5-15-1971
                      • Henderson, Rickey – Oakland Athletics
                      Rickey Nelson Henley Henderson b. 10-25-1958 in Chicago, IL
                      Irvin, Monte – Newark Eagles
                      Monford Merrill Irvin b. 2-25-1915 in Haleburg, MS d. 1-11-2016

Kelley, Joe – Baltimore Orioles (N.L.)
                      Joseph James Kelley b. 12-9-1971 in Cambridge, MA d. 8-14-1943

• Kiner, Ralph – Pittsburgh Pirates
                      Ralph McPherran Kiner b. 10-27-1922 in Santa Rita, NM d. 2-6-2014
                      • Magee, Sherry – Philadelphia Phillies
                      Sherwood Robert Magee b. 8-6-1884 in Clarendon, PA d. 3-13-1929
                      • Manush, Heinie – Washington Senators
                      Henry Emmett Manush 7-20-1901 in Tuscumbia, AL d. 5-12-1971
                      • Medwick, Joe – St. Louis Cardinals
                      Joseph Michael Medwick b. 11-24-1911 in Carteret, NJ d. 3-21-1975
                      • Musial, Stan – St. Louis Cardinals
                      Stanislaw Franciszek Musial b. 11-21-1920 in Donora, PA d. 1-19-2013
                      O’Rourke, Jim – New York Giants
                      James Henry O'Rourke b. 9-1-1850 in Bridgeport, CT d. 1-8-1919

• Raines, Tim – Montreal Expos
                      Timothy Raines b. 9-16-1959 in Sanford, FL
                      • Rose, Pete – Cincinnati Reds
                      Peter Edward Rose b. 4-14-1941 in Cincinnati, OH
                      • Simmons, Al – Philadelphia Athletics
                      Alois Syzmanski b. 5-22-1902 in Milwaukee, WI d. 5-26-1956
                      • Stargell, Willie – Pittsburgh Pirates
                      Wilver Dornel Stargell b. 3-6-1940 in Earlsboro, OK d. 4-9-2001
                      Stovey, Harry – Philadelphia Athletics (A.A.)
                      Harry Duffield Stovey b. 12-20-1856 in Philadelphia, PA d. 9-20-1937

• Wheat, Zack – Brooklyn Robins
                      Zachariah Davis Wheat b. 5-23-1888 in Hamilton, MO d. 3-11-1972
                      • Williams, Billy – Chicago Cubs
                      Billy Leo Williams b. 6-15-1938 in Whistler, AL
                      • Williams, Ted – Boston Red Sox
                      Theodore Samuel Williams b. 8-30-1918 in San Diego, CA d. 7-5-2002
                      • Yastrzemski, Carl – Boston Red Sox
                      Carl Michael Yastrzemski b. 8-22-1939 in Southampton, NY

Inducted primarily for non-playing contributions (5):

• Beane, Billy: GM – Oakland Athletics
                      William Lamar Beane b. 3-29-1962 in Orlando, FL
                      Harris, Vic: manager – Homestead Grays
                      Elander Victor Harris b. 6-10-1905 in Pensacola, FL d. 2-23-1978

• O’Doul, Lefty: japanese baseball pioneer – San Francisco Seals
                      Francis Joseph O'Doul b. 3-4-1897 in San Francisco, CA d. 12-7-1969
                      Posey, Cumberland: owner, pioneer – Homestead Grays
                      Cumberland Willis Posey b. 6-20-1890 in Homestead, PA d. 3-28-1946

• Williams, Dick: manager – Oakland Athletics
                      Richard Hirschfield Williams b. 5-7-1929 in St. Louis, MO d. 7-7-2011
                      Center Field (30)
                      • Ashburn, Richie – Philadelphia Phillies
                      Don Richard Ashburn b. 3-19-1927 in Tilden, NE d. 9-9-1997
                      • Averill, Earl – Cleveland Indians
                      Howard Earl Averill b. 5-21-1902 in Snohomish, WA d. 8-16-1983
                      Bell, Cool Papa – Pittsburgh Crawfords
                      James Thomas Bell b. 5-17-1903 in Starkville, MS d. 3-7-1991

• Beltran, Carlos – New York Mets
                      Carlos Ivan Beltran b. 4-24-1977 in Manati, PR
                      Browning, Pete – Louisville Colonels
                      Louis Rogers Browning b. 6-17-1861 in Louisville, KY d. 9-10-1905

• Carey, Max – Pittsburgh Pirates
                      Maximillian George Carey b. 1-11-1890 in Terre Haute, IN d. 5-30-1976
                      Charleston, Oscar – Pittsburgh Crawfords
                      Oscar McKinley Charleston b. 10-14-1896 in Indianapolis, IN d. 10-16-1954

• Cobb, Ty – Detroit Tigers
                      Tyrus Raymond Cobb b. 12-18-1896 in Narrows, GA d. 7-17-1961
                      • DiMaggio, Joe – New York Yankees
                      Giuseppe Paolo DiMaggio b. 11-25-1914 in Martinez, CA d. 3-8-1999
                      • Doby, Larry – Cleveland Indians
                      Lawrence Eugene Doby b. 12-13-1923 in Camden, SC d. 6-18-2003
                      Duffy, Hugh – Boston Beaneaters
                      Hugh Duffy b. 10-26-1866 in Cranston, RI d. 10-19-1954

• Edmonds, Jim – St. Louis Cardinals
                      James Patrick Evans b. 6-28-1973 in Fullerton, CA
                      • Griffey Jr., Ken – Seattle Mariners
                      George Kenneth Griffey Jr. b. 11-21-1969 in Donora, PA
                      Hamilton, Billy – Philadelphia Phillies
                      William Robert Hamilton b. 2-16-1866 in Newark, NJ d. 12-15-1940

Hill, Pete – Chicago American Giants
                      John Preston Hill b. 10-12-1882 in Culpeper County, VA d. 11-19-1951

Hines, Paul – Providence Grays
                      Paul Aloysius Hines b. 3-1-1855 in Virginia d. 7-10-1935

• Jones, Andruw – Atlanta Braves
                      Andruw Rudolph Jones b. 4-23-1977 in Willemstad, Curacao
                      • Lofton, Kenny – Cleveland Indians
                      Kenneth Lofton b. 5-31-1967 in East Chicago, IN
                      • Mantle, Mickey – New York Yankees
                      Mickey Charles Mantle b. 10-20-1931 in Spavinaw, OK d. 8-13-1995
                      • Mays, Willie – New York Giants
                      Willie Howard Mays Jr. b. 5-6-1931 in Westfield, AL
                      • Murphy, Dale – Atlanta Braves
                      Dale Bryan Murphy b. 3-12-1956 in Portland, OR
                      Pike, Lip – Mutual
                      Lipman Emanuel Pike b. 5-25-1845 in New York, NY d. 10-10-1893

• Puckett, Kirby – Minnesota Twins
                      Kirby Puckett b. 3-14-1960 in Chicago, IL d. 3-6-2006
                      • Roush, Edd – Cincinnati Reds
                      Edd J. Roush b. 5-8-1893 in Oakland City, IN d. 3-21-1988
                      • Snider, Duke – Brooklyn Dodgers
                      Edwin Donald Snider b. 9-19-1926 in Los Angeles, CA d. 2-27-2011
                      • Speaker, Tris – Cleveland Indians
                      Tristram Edward Speaker b. 4-4-1888 in Hubbard, TX d. 12-8-1958
                      Stearnes, Turkey – Detroit Stars
                      Norman Thomas Stearnes b. 5-8-1901 in Nashville, TN d. 9-4-1979

Torriente, Cristobal – Chicago American Giants
                      Cristobal Torriente b. 11-16-1893 in Cienfuegos, Cuba d. 4-11-1938

• Trout, Mike – Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
                      Michael Nelson Trout b. 8-7-1991 in Vineland, NJ
                      *Wright, Harry – Cincinnati Red Stockings
                      William Henry Wright b. 1-10-1835 in Sheffield, England d. 10-3-1895

Inducted primarily for non-playing contributions (3):

• Conlan, Jocko: umpire
                      John Bertrand Conlan b. 12-6-1899 in Chicago, IL d. 4-16-1989
                      Hanlon, Ned: manager – Baltimore Orioles (N.L.)
                      Edward Hugh Hanlon b. 8-22-1857 in Montville, CT d. 4-14-1937

*Wright, Harry: executive, manager, pioneer – Boston Red Stockings
                      William Henry Wright b. 1-10-1835 in Sheffield, England d. 10-3-1895

Third Base (23)
                      • Baker, Home Run – Philadelphia Athletics
                      John Franklin Baker b. 3-13-1886 in Trappe, MD d. 6-28-1963
                      Beckwith, John – Chicago Giants
                      John Christopher Beckwith b. 1-10-1900 in Lousville, KY d. 1-4-1956

• Beltre, Adrian – Texas Rangers
                      Adrian Beltre Perez b. 4-7-1979 in Santo Domingo, D.R.
                      • Boggs, Wade – Boston Red Sox
                      Wade Anthony Boggs b. 6-15-1958 in Omaha, NE
                      • Boyer, Ken – St. Louis Cardinals
                      Kenton Lloyd Boyer b. 5-20-1931 in Liberty, NJ d. 9-7-1982
                      • Brett, George – Kansas City Royals
                      George Howard Brett b. 5-15-1953 in Glen Dale, WV
                      • Collins, Jimmy – Boston Americans
                      James Joseph Collins b. 1-16-1870 in Niagra Falls, NY d. 3-6-1943
                      Cross, Lave – Philadelphia Athletics
                      Lafayette Napolean Cross b. 5-12-1866 in Milwaukee, WI d. 9-6-1927

Dandridge, Ray – Newark Eagles
                      Raymond Emmitt Dandridge b. 8-31-1913 in Richmond, VA d. 2-12-1994

• Elliott, Bob – Boston Braves
                      Robert Irving Elliott b. 11-26-1916 in San Francisco, CA d. 5-4-1966
                      Johnson, Judy – Hilldale Daisies
                      William Julius Johnson b. 10-26-1899 in Snow Hill, MD d. 6-15-1989

• Jones, Chipper – Atlanta Braves
                      Larry Wayne Jones Jr. b. 4-24-1972 in DeLand, FL
                      • Mathews, Eddie – Milwaukee Braves
                      Edwin Lee Mathews b. 10-13-1931 in Texarkana, TX d. 2-18-2001
                      *McGraw, John – Baltimore Orioles (N.L.)
                      John Joseph McGraw b. 4-7-1873 in Truxton, NY d. 2-25-1934

Nagashima, Shigeo – Yomiuri Giants
                      Shigeo Nagashima b. 2-20-1936 in Chiba, Japan

• Robinson, Brooks – Baltimore Orioles
                      Brooks Calbert Robinson Jr. b. 5-18-1937 in Little Rock, AR
                      • Rodriguez, Alex – New York Yankees
                      Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez b. 7-27-1975 in New York, NY
                      • Rolen, Scott – St. Louis Cardinals
                      Scott Bruce Rolen b. 4-4-1975 in Evansville, IN
                      • Santo, Ron – Chicago Cubs
                      Ronald Edward Santo b. 2-25-1940 in Seattle, WA d. 12-3-2010
                      • Schmidt, Mike – Philadelphia Phillies
                      Michael Jack Schmidt b. 9-27-1949 in Dayton, OH
                      Sutton, Ezra – Boston Beaneaters
                      Ezra Ballou Sutton b. 9-17-1949 in Seneca Falls, NY d. 6-20-1907

• Traynor, Pie – Pittsburgh Pirates
                      William Joseph Traynor b. 11-11-1898 in Framingham, MA d. 3-16-1972
                      Wilson, Jud – Baltimore Black Sox
                      Ernest Judson Wilson b. 2-28-1894 in Remington, VA d. 6-24-1963

Inducted primarily for non-playing contributions (9):

Bellan, Steve: cuban baseball pioneer – Habana
                      Estevan Enrique Bellan b. 10-1-1849 in Havana, Cuba d. 8-8-1932

• Cox, Bobby: manager – Atlanta Braves
                      Robert Joe Cox b. 5-21-1941 in Tulsa, OK
                      Ferguson, Bob: pioneer – Atlantic
                      Robert Vavasour Ferguson b. 1-31-1845 in Brooklyn, NY d. 5-3-1894

Gaffney, Honest John: umpire
                      John H. Gaffney b. 6-29-1855 in Roxbury, MA d. 8-8-1913

• *McGraw, John: manager – New York Giants
                      John Joseph McGraw b. 4-7-1873 in Truxton, NY d. 2-25-1934
                      • McKechnie, Bill: manager – Cincinnati Reds
                      William Boyd McKechnie b. 8-7-1886 in Wilkinsburg, PA d. 10-29-1965
                      Taylor, Candy Jim: manager – St. Louis Stars
                      James Allen Taylor b. 2-1-1884 in Anderson, SC d. 4-3-1948

Tsuruoka, Kazuto: manager, pioneer – Nankai Hawks
                      Kazuto Tsuruoka b. 7-7-1916 in Oshima, Japan d. 3-7-2000

• Zimmer, Don: manager, coach – New York Yankees
                      Donald William Zimmer b. 1-17-1931 in Cincinnati, OH d. 6-4-2014
                      Shortstop (33)
                      • Aparicio, Luis – Chicago White Sox
                      Luis Ernesto Aparicio Montiel b. 4-29-1934 in Maracaibo, Venezuela
                      • Appling, Luke – Chicago White Sox
                      Lucius Benjamin Appling b. 4-2-1907 in High Point, NC d. 1-3-1991
                      • Banks, Ernie – Chicago Cubs
                      Ernest Banks b. 1-31-1931 in Dallas, TX d. 1-23-2015
                      • Boudreau, Lou – Cleveland Indians
                      Louis Boudreau b. 7-17-1917 in Harvey, IL d. 8-10-2001
                      • Cronin, Joe – Boston Red Sox
                      Joseph Edward Cronin b. 10-12-1906 in San Francisco, CA d. 9-7-1984
                      • Dahlen, Bill – Chicago Colts
                      William Frederick Dahlen b. 1-5-1870 in Nelliston, NY d. 12-5-1950
                      Davis, George – New York Giants
                      George Stacy Davis b. 8-23-1870 in Cohoes, NY d. 10-17-1940

• Garciaparra, Nomar – Boston Red Sox
                      Anthony Nomar Garciaparra b. 7-23-1973 in Whittier, CA
                      Glasscock, Jack – Indianapolis Hoosiers (N.L.)
                      John Wesley Glasscock b. 7-22-1857 in Wheeling, WV d. 2-24-1947

Jennings, Hughie – Baltimore Orioles (N.L.)
                      Hugh Ambrose Jennings b. 4-2-1869 in Pittston, PA d. 2-1-1928

• Jeter, Derek – New York Yankees
                      Derek Sanderson Jeter b. 6-26-1974 in Pequannock Township, NJ
                      • Larkin, Barry – Cincinnati Reds
                      Barry Louis Larkin b. 4-28-1964 in Cincinnati, OH
                      Lloyd, Pop – Lincoln Giants
                      John Henry Lloyd b. 4-25-1884 in Atlantic City, NJ d. 3-19-1964

Lundy, Dick – Baltimore Black Sox
                      Richard Benjamin Lundy b. 7-10-1898 in Jakcsonville, FL d. 1-5-1962

• Maranville, Rabbit – Boston Braves
                      Walter James Vincent Maranville b. 11-11-1891 in Springfield, MA d. 1-6-1954
                      Pearce, Dickey – Atlantic
                      Richard J. Pierce b. 2-29-1836 in Brooklyn, NY d. 9-18-1908

• Reese, Pee Wee – Brooklyn Dodgers
                      Harold Peter Henry Reese b. 7-23-1918 in Ekron, KY d. 8-14-1999
                      • Ripken Jr., Cal – Baltimore Orioles
                      Calvin Edwin Ripken Jr. b. 8-24-1960 in Havre de Grace, MD
                      • Rizzuto, Phil – New York Yankees
                      Phillip Francis Rizzuto b. 9-25-1917 in Brooklyn, NY d. 8-13-2007
                      • Sewell, Joe – Cleveland Indians
                      Joseph Wheeler Sewell b. 10-9-1898 in Titus, AL d. 3-6-1990
                      • Smith, Ozzie – St. Louis Cardinals
                      Osborne Earl Smith b. 12-26-1952 in Mobile, AL
                      • Tinker, Joe – Chicago Cubs
                      Joseph Bert Tinker b. 7-27-1880 in Muscotah, KS d. 7-27-1948
                      • Trammell, Alan – Detroit Tigers
                      Alan Stuart Trammell b. 2-21-1958 in Garden Grove, CA
                      • Travis, Cecil – Washington Senators
                      Cecil Howell Travis b. 8-8-1913 in Riverdale, GA d. 12-16-2006
                      • Vaughan, Arky – Pittsburgh Pirates
                      Joseph Floyd Vaughan b. 3-9-1912 in Clfity, AR d. 8-30-1952
                      • Wagner, Honus – Pittsburgh Pirates
                      Johannes Peter Wagner b. 2-24-1874 in Chartiers Borough, PA d. 12-6-1955
                      • Wallace, Bobby – St. Louis Browns
                      Roderick John Wallace b. 11-4-1873 in Pittsburgh, PA d. 11-3-1960
                      *Ward, Monte – New York Giants
                      John Montgomery Ward b. 3-3-1860 in Bellefonte, PA d. 3-4-1925

Wells, Willie – St. Louis Stars
                      Willie James Wells b. 8-10-1906 in Austin, TX d. 1-22-1989

• Wills, Maury – Los Angeles Dodgers
                      Maurice Morning Wills b. 10-2-1932 in Washington, DC
                      Wright, George – Boston Red Stockings
                      George Wright b. 1-28-1847 in Yonkers, NY d. 8-21-1937

• Yount, Robin – Milwaukee Brewers
                      Robin R. Yount b. 9-16-1955 in Danville, IN

Future HoFer's:

• Lindor, Francisco – Cleveland Indians
                      Francisco Miguel Lindor b. 11-14-1993 in Caguas, PR

Inducted primarily for non-playing contributions (4):

Adams, Doc: pioneer – Knickerbocker
                      Daniel Lucius Adams b. 11-1-1814 in Mount Vernon, NH d. 1-3-1899

• Durocher, Leo: manager – Brooklyn Dodgers
                      Leo Ernest Durocher b. 7-27-1905 in West Springfield, MA d. 10-7-1991
                      • Kubek, Tony: broadcaster – New York Yankees
                      Anthony Christopher Kubek b. 10-12-1935 in Milwaukee, WI
                      *Ward, Monte: executive, manager, pioneer agent
                      John Montgomery Ward b. 3-3-1860 in Bellefonte, PA d. 3-4-1925

Second Base (27)
                      • Alomar, Roberto – Toronto Blue Jays
                      Roberto Alomar Velazquez b. 2-25-1968 in Ponce, PR
                      Barnes, Ross – Boston Red Stockings
                      Charles Roscoe Barnes b. 5-8-1850 in Mount Morris, NY d. 2-5-1915

• Biggio, Craig – Houston Astros
                      Craig Alan Biggio b. 12-14-1965 in Smithtown, NY
                      • Cano, Robinson – New York Yankees
                      Robinson Jose Cano Mercedes b. 10-22-1982 in San Pedro de Macoris
                      • Carew, Rod – Minnesota Twins
                      Rodney Cline Carew b. 10-1-1945 in Gatun, Panama Canal Zone
                      • Collins, Eddie – Philadelphia Athletics
                      Edward Trowbridge Collins b. 5-2-1887 in Millertown, NY d. 3-25-1951
                      Dihigo, Martin – Habana Leones
                      Martin Magdaleno Dhigo Llanos b. 5-25-1906 in Matanzas, Cuba d. 5-20-1971

• Doerr, Bobby – Boston Red Sox
                      Robert Pershing Doerr b. 4-7-1918 in Los Angeles, CA d. 11-13-2017
                      • Evers, Johnny – Chicago Cubs
                      John Joseph Evers b. 7-21-1881 in Troy, NY d. 3-28-1947
                      • Frisch, Frankie – St. Louis Cardinals
                      Frank Francis Frisch b. 9-9-1898 in Bronx, NY d. 3-12-1973
                      • Fox, Nellie – Chicago White Sox
                      Jacob Nelson Fox b. 12-25-1927 in St. Thomas, PA d. 12-1-1975
                      • Gehringer, Charlie – Detroit Tigers
                      Charles Leonard Gehringer b. 5-11-1903 in Fowlerville, MI d. 1-21-1993
                      • Gordon, Joe – New York Yankees
                      Joseph Lowell Gordon b. 2-18-1915 in Los Angeles, CA d. 4-14-1978
                      Grant, Frank – Cuban Giants
                      Ulysses Franklin Grant b. 8-1-1865 in Pittsfield, MA d. 5-27-1937

• Grich, Bobby – California Angels
                      Robert Anthony Grich b. 1-15-1949 in Muskegon, MI
                      • Hornsby, Rogers – St. Louis Cardinals
                      Rogers Hornsby b. 4-27-1896 in Winter, TX d. 1-5-1963
                      Johnson, Home Run – Brooklyn Royal Giants
                      Grant U. Johnson 9-23-1872 in Findlay, OH d. 9-4-1963

• Kent, Jeff – San Francisco Giants
                      Jeffrey Franklin Kent b. 3-7-1968 in Bellflower, CA
                      • Lajoie, Nap – Cleveland Naps
                      Napoleon Lajoie b. 9-5-1874 in Woonsocket, RI d. 2-7-1959
                      • Mazeroski, Bill – Pittsburgh Pirates
                      William Stanley Mazeroski b. 9-5-1936 in Wheeling, WV
                      McPhee, Bid – Cincinnati Reds
                      John Alexander McPhee b. 11-1-1859 in Massena, NY d. 1-3-1943

• Morgan, Joe – Cincinnati Reds
                      Joe Leonard Morgan b. 9-19-1943 in Bonham, TX
                      • Robinson, Jackie – Brooklyn Dodgers
                      Jack Roosevelt Robinson b. 1-31-1919 in Cairo, GA d. 10-24-1972
                      • Sandberg, Ryne – Chicago Cubs
                      Ryne Dee Sandberg b. 9-18-1959 in Spokane, WA
                      • Utley, Chase – Philadelphia Phillies
                      Chase Cameron Utley b. 12-17-1978 in Pasadena, CA
                      • Whitaker, Lou – Detroit Tigers
                      Louis Rodman Whitaker Jr. b. 5-12-1957 in Brooklyn, NY

Future HoFer's:

• Altuve, Jose – Houston Astros
                      Jose Carlos Altuve b. 5-6-1990 in Puerto Cabello, Venezuela

Inducted primarily for non-playing contributions (13):

• Anderson, Sparky: manager – Cincinnati Reds
                      George Lee Anderson b. 2-22-1934 in Bridgewater, SD d. 11-4-2010
                      Fowler, Bud: executive, manager, pioneer – Page Fence Giants
                      John W. Jackson b. 3-16-1888 in Fort Plain, NY d. 2-26-1913

• Harris, Bucky: manager – Washington Senators
                      Stanley Raymond Harris b. 11-8-1896 in Port Jervis, NJ d. 11-8-1977
                      • Huggins, Miller: manager – New York Yankees
                      Miller James Huggins b. 4-19-1879 in Cincinnati, OH d. 9-25-1929
                      • La Russa, Tony: manager – St. Louis Cardinals
                      Anthony La Russa Jr. b. 10-4-1944 in Tampa, FL
                      • Martin, Billy: manager – New York Yankees
                      Alfred Manuel Martin Jr. b. 5-16-1928 in Berkely, CA d. 12-25-1989
                      • McCarthy, Joe: manager – New York Yankees
                      Joseph Vincent McCarthy b. 4-21-1887 in Philadelphia, PA d. 1-13-1978
                      • Murtaugh, Danny: manager – Pittsburgh Pirates
                      Daniel Edward Murtaugh b. 10-8-1917 in Chester, PA d. 12-7-1976
                      Reach, Al: owner, pioneer – Philadelphia Phillies
                      Alfred James Reach b. 5-27-1840 in London, England d. 1-14-1928

• Schoendienst, Red: manager – St. Louis Cardinals
                      Albert Fred Schoendienst b. 2-2-1923 in Germanton, IL d. 6-6-2018
                      Taylor, C.I.: owner, manager, pioneer – Indianapolis ABC's
                      Charles Isham Taylor b. 1-20-1875 in Anderson, SC d. 2-23-1922

• Weaver, Earl: manager – Baltimore Orioles
                      Earl Sydney Weaver b. 8-14-1930 in St. Louis, MO d. 1-19-2013
                      White, Sol: executive, writer, pioneer – Philadelphia Giants
                      King Solomon White b. 6-12-1868 in Bellaire, OH d. 8-26-1955
                      First Base (33)
                      ^ Futures considered in (#). Contributors are not.
                      • Allen, Dick – Philadelphia Phillies
                      Richard Anthony Allen b. 3-8-1942 in Wampum, PA
                      Anson, Cap – Chicago White Stockings
                      Adrian Constantine Anson b. 4-17-1852 in Marhsalltown, IA d. 4-14-1922

• Bagwell, Jeff – Houston Astros
                      Jeffrey Robert Bagwell b. 3-27-1958 in Boston, MA
                      Beckley, Jake – Cincinnati Reds
                      Jacob Peter Beckley b. 8-4-1867 in Hannibal, MO d. 6-25-1918

Brouthers, Dan – Buffalo Bisons
                      Dennis Joseph Brouthers b. 5-8-1858 in Sylvan Lake, NY d. 8-2-1932

• Cabrera, Miguel – Detroit Tigers
                      Jose Miguel Cabrera Torres b. 4-18-1983 in Maracay, Venezuela
                      • Chance, Frank – Chicago Cubs
                      Frank Leroy Chance b. 8-9-1877 in Salida, CA d. 9-15-1924
                      Connor, Roger – New York Giants
                      Roger Connor b. 7-1-1857 in Waterbury, CT d. 1-4-1931

• Foxx, Jimmie – Philadelphia Athletics
                      James Emory Foxx b. 10-22-1907 in Sudlersville, Md d. 7-21-1967
                      • Gehrig, Lou – New York Yankees
                      Heinrich Ludwig Gehrig b. 6-19-1903 in New York, NY d. 6-2-1941
                      • Greenberg, Hank – Detroit Tigers
                      Hyman Greenberg b. 1-1-1911 in New York, NY d. 9-4-1986
                      • Helton, Todd – Colorado Rockies
                      Todd Lynn Helton b. 8-20-1973 in Knoxville, TN
                      • Hernandez, Keith – New York Mets
                      Keith Hernandez b. 10-20-1953 in San Francisco, CA
                      • Killebrew, Harmon – Minnesota Twins
                      Harmon Clayton Killebrew, Jr. b. 6-29-1936 in Payette, ID d. 5-17-2011
                      Leonard, Buck – Homestead Grays
                      Walter Fenner Leonard b. 9-8-1907 in Rocky Mount, NC d. 11-27-1997

• McCovey, Willie – San Francisco Giants
                      Willie Lee McCovey b. 1-10-1938 in Mobile, AL d. 10-31-2018
                      • McGriff, Fred – Atlanta Braves
                      Frederick Stanley McGriff b. 10-31-1963 in Tampa, FL
                      • McGwire, Mark – St. Louis Cardinals
                      Mark David McGwire b. 10-1-1963 in Ponoma, CA
                      • Mize, Johnny – St. Louis Cardinals
                      John Robert Mize b. 1-7-1913 in Demorest, GA d. 6-2-1993
                      • Murray, Eddie – Baltimore Orioles
                      Eddie Clarence Murray b. 2-24-1956 in Los Angeles, CA
                      Oh, Sadaharu – Yomiuri Giants
                      Sadaharu Oh b. 5-20-1940 in Tokyo, Japan

• Palmeiro, Rafael – Texas Rangers
                      Rafael Palmeiro Corrales b. 9-24-1964 in Havana, Cuba
                      • Perez, Tony – Cincinnati Reds
                      Atanacio Perez Rigal b. 5-14-1942 in Ciego de Avila, Cuba
                      • Pujols, Albert – St. Louis Cardinals
                      Jose Alberto Pujols Alcantara b. 1-16-1980 in Santo Domingo, D.R.
                      • Sisler, George – St. Louis Browns
                      George Harold Sisler b. 3-24-1893 in Manchester, Oh d. 3-26-1973
                      Start, Joe – Atlantic
                      Joseph Start b. 10-14-1842 in Providence, RI d. 3-27-1927

Suttles, Mule – St. Louis Stars
                      George Suttles b. 3-31-1901 in Edgewater, AL d. 7-9-1966

Taylor, Ben – Indianapolis ABC’s
                      Benjamin Eugene Taylor b. 7-1-1888 in Anderson, SC d. 1-24-1953

• Terry, Bill – New York Giants
                      William Harold Terry b. 10-30-1898 in Atlanta, GA d. 1-9-1989
                      • Thome, Jim – Cleveland Indians
                      James Howard Thome b. 8-27-1970 in Peoria, IL

Future HoFer's:

• Freeman, Freddie – Atlanta Braves
                      Frederick Charles Freeman b. 9-12-1989 in Fountain Valley, CA
                      • Rizzo, Anthony – Chicago Cubs
                      Anthony Vincent Rizzo b. 8-8-1989 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
                      • Votto, Joey – Cincinnati Reds
                      Joseph Daniel Votto b. 9-10-1983 in Toronto, Canada

Inducted primarily for non-playing contributions (11):

• Alston, Walter: manager – Los Angeles Dodgers
                      Walter Emmons Alston b. 12-1-1911 in Venice, Oh d. 10-1-1984
                      • Comiskey, Charles: owner, manager – Chicago White Sox
                      Charles Albert Comiskey b. 8-15-1859 in Chicago, IL d. 10-26-1931
                      • Francona, Terry: manager – Boston Red Sox
                      Terrance Jon Francona b. 4-22-1959 in Aberdeen, SD
                      • Grimm, Charlie: manager – Chicago Cubs
                      Charles John Grimm b. 8-28-1898 in St. Louis d. 11-15-1983
                      • Hodges, Gil: manager – New York Mets
                      Gilbert Ray Hodge b. 4-4-1924 in West Palm Beach, FL d. 4-2-1972
                      Kawakami, Tetsuharu: manager – Yomiuri Giants
                      Tetsuharu Kawakami b. 3-23-1920 in Kumamoto, Japan d. 10-28-2013

Murnane, Tim: league executive, writer – Boston Red Stockings
                      Timothy Haynes Murnane b. 6-4-1951 in Naugatuck, CT d. 2-7-1917

O’Neil, Buck: executive, pioneer – Kansas City Monarchs
                      John Jordan O'Neil Jr. b. 11-13-1911 in Carrabelle, FL d. 10-6-2006

Salazar, Lazaro: manager – Monterrey Sultanes
                      Lazaro Salazar b. 2-4-1912 in Havana, Cuba d. 4-25-1957

Wadsworth, Louis: pioneer – Knickerbocker
                      Louis Fenn Wadsworth b. 5-6-1825 in Hartford, CT d. 3-26-1908

• Watson, Bob: GM – Houston Astros
                      Robert Jose Watson b. 4-10-1946 in Los Angeles, CA
                      Catcher (32)
                      • Bench, Johnny – Cincinnati Reds
                      Johnny Lee Bench b. 12-7-1947 in Oklahoma City, OK
                      Bennett, Charlie – Detroit Wolverines
                      Charles Wesley Bennett b. 11-21-1854 in New Castle, PA d. 2-24-1927

• Berra, Yogi – New York Yankees
                      Lawrence Peter Berra b. 5-12-1925 in St. Louis, MO d. 9-22-2015
                      • Bresnahan, Roger – New York Giants
                      Roger Phillip Bresnahan b. 6-11-1879 in Toledo, OH d. 12-4-1944
                      • Campanella, Roy – Brooklyn Dodgers
                      Roy Campanella b. 11-19-1921 in Philadelphia, PA d. 6-26-1993
                      • Carter, Gary – New York Mets
                      Gary Edmund Carter b. 4-8-1954 in Culver City, CA d. 2-16-2012
                      • Cochrane, Mickey – Philadelphia Athletics
                      Gordon Stanley Cochrane b. 4-6-1903 in Bridgewater, MA d. 6-28-1962
                      • Dickey, Bill – New York Yankees
                      William Malcolm Dickey b. 6-6-1907 in Bastrop, LA d. 11-12-1993
                      Ewing, Buck – New York Giants
                      William Ewing b. 10-17-1859 in Hoagland, OH d. 10-20-1906

• Fisk, Carlton – Chicago White Sox
                      Carlton Ernest Fisk b. 12-26-1947 in Bellows Falls, VT
                      • Freehan, Bill – Detroit Tigers
                      William Ashley Freehan b. 11-29-1941 in Detroit, MI
                      Gibson, Josh – Homestead Grays
                      Joshua Gibson b. ca 12-21-1911 in Buena Vista, GA d. 1-20-1947

• Hartnett, Gabby – Chicago Cubs
                      Charles Leo Hartnett b. 12-20-1900 in Woonsocket, RI d. 12-20-1972
                      Kelly, King – Chicago White Stockings
                      Michael Joseph Kelly b. 12-31-1857 in Troy, NY d. 11-9-1894

Leggett, Joe – Excelsior
                      Joe Leggett b. 1-14-1828 in Saratoga, NY d. ca 1894

• Lombardi, Ernie – Cincinnati Reds
                      Ernesto Natali Lombardi b. 4-6-1908 in Oakland, CA d. 9-26-1977
                      Mackey, Biz – Hilldale Daisies
                      James Raleigh Mackey b. 7-27-1897 in Eagle Pass, TX d. 9-22-1965

• Mauer, Joe – Minnesota Twins
                      Joseph Patrick Mauer b. 4-19-1983 in St. Paul, MN
                      McGuire, Deacon – Washington Senators (N.L.)
                      James Thomas McGuire b. 11-18-1863 in Youngstown, OH d. 10-31-1936

• Molina, Yadier – St. Louis Cardinals
                      Yadier Benjamin Molina b. 7-13-1982 in Bayamon, PR
                      • Munson, Thurman – New York Yankees
                      Thurman Lee Munson b. 6-7-1947 in Akron, OH d. 8-2-1979
                      Nomura, Katsuya – Nankai Hawks
                      Katsuya Nomura b. 6-29-1935 in Kyoto, Japan d. 2-11-2020

• Piazza, Mike – New York Mets
                      Michael Joseph Piazza b. 9-4-1968 in Norristown, PA
                      • Rodriguez, Pudge – Texas Rangers
                      Ivan Rodriguez Torres b. 11-27-1971 in Manati, PR
                      Santop, Louis – Hilldale Daisies
                      Louis Santop Loftin b. 1-17-1890 in Philadelphia, PA b. 1-22-1942

• Schalk, Ray – Chicago White Sox
                      Raymond William Schalk b. 8-12-1892 in Harvel, IL d. 5-19-1970
                      • Schang, Wally – Philadelphia Athletics
                      Walter Henry Schang b. 8-22-1889 in South Wales, NY d. 3-6-1965
                      • Simmons, Ted – St. Louis Cardinals
                      Ted Lyle Simmons b. 8-9-1949 in Highland Park, MI
                      • *Torre, Joe – St. Louis Cardinals
                      Joseph Paul Torre b. 7-18-1940 in Brooklyn, NY
                      Trouppe, Quincy – Kansas City Monarchs
                      Quincy Thomas Trouppe b. 12-25-1912 in Dublin, GA d. 8-10-1993

White, Deacon – Buffalo Bisons
                      James Laurie White b. 12-2-1847 in Caton, NY d. 7-7-1939

Future HoFer's:

• Posey, Buster – San Francisco Giants
                      Gerald Dempsey Posey III b. 3-27-1987 in Leesburg, GA

Inducted primarily for non-playing contributions (10):

• Bochy, Bruce: manager – San Francisco Giants
                      Bruce Douglas Bochy b. 4-16-1965 in Bussac-Foret, France
                      • Duncan, Dave: pitching coach – St. Louis Cardinals
                      David Edwin Duncan b. 9-26-1945 in Dallas, TX
                      • Lau, Charlie: hitting coach – Kansas City Royals
                      Chales Richard Lau b. 4-12-1933 in Romulus, MI d. 3-18-1984
                      • Leyland, Jim: manager – Detroit Tigers
                      James Richard Leyland b. 12-15-1944 in Perrysburg, OH
                      • Mack, Connie: owner, executive, manager – Philadelphia Athletics
                      Cornelius Alexander McGillicudy b. 12-22-1862 in East Brookfield, MA d. 2-8-1956
                      • Maddon, Joe: manager – Anaheim Angels
                      Joseph John Madden Jr. b. 2-8-1954 in West Hazelton, PA
                      Nomura, Don: pioneer japanese agent
                      Donald Engel b. 5-17-1957 in Tokyo, Japan

• Rickey, Branch: GM – Brooklyn Dodgers
                      Wesley Branch Rickey b. 12-20-1881 in Portsmouth, OH d. 12-9-1965
                      • Robinson, Wilbert: manager – Brooklyn Robins
                      Wilbert Robinson b. 6-29-1963 in Bolton, MA d. 8-8-1934
                      • *Torre, Joe: manager – New York Yankees
                      Joseph Paul Torre b. 7-18-1940 in Brooklyn, NY
                      Starting Pitcher (78)
                      • Alexander, Pete – Philadelphia Phillies
                      Grover Cleveland Alexander b. 2-26-1887 in Elba, Nebraska d. 11-4-1950
                      • Blyleven, Bert – Minnesota Twins
                      Rik Aalbert Blijleven b. 4-6-1951 in Zeist, Netherlands
                      Bond, Tommy – Boston Red Stockings
                      Thomas Henry Bond b. 4-2-1856 in Granard, Ireland d. 1-24-1941

• Brown, Kevin – Texas Rangers
                      James Kevin Brown b. 3-14-1965 in Milledgeville, GA
                      • Brown, Three Finger – Chicago Cubs
                      Mordecai Peter Centennial Brown b. 10-19-1876 in Nyesville, IA d. 2-14-1948
                      Brainard, Asa – Excelsior
                      Asahel Brainard b. 1841 in Albany, NY d. 10-29-1888

• Bunning, Jim – Philadelphia Phillies
                      James Paul David Bunning b. 10-23-1931 in Southgate, KY d. 5-26-2017
                      • Carlton, Steve – Philadelphia Phillies
                      Steven Norman Carlton b. 12-22-1944 in Miami, FL
                      Caruthers, Bob – St. Louis Browns (A.A.)
                      Robert Lee Caruthers b. 1-5-1864 in Memphis, TN d. 8-5-1911

• Clemens, Roger – Boston Red Sox
                      William Roger Clemens b. 8-4-1962 in Dayton, OH
                      Clarkson, John – Boston Beaneaters
                      John Gibson Clarkson b. 7-1-1861 in Cambridge, MA d. 2-4-1909

• Coveleski, Stan – Cleveland Indians
                      Stanislaus Kowalewski b. 7-13-1889 in Shamokin, PA d. 3-20-1984
                      Creighton, Jim – Excelsior
                      James Creighton Jr. b. 4-15-1841 in New York, NY d. 10-18-1862

Day, Leon – Newark Eagles
                      Leon Day b. 10-30-1916 in Alexandria, VA d. 3-13-1995

• Drysdale, Don – Los Angeles Dodgers
                      Donald Scott Drysdale b. 7-23-1936 in Van Nuys, CA d. 7-3-1993
                      • Faber, Red – Chicago White Sox
                      Urban Clarence Faber b. 9-6-1888 in Cascade, IA d. 9-25-1974
                      • Feller, Bob – Cleveland Indians
                      Robert William Andrew Feller b. 11-3-1918 in Van Meter, IA d. 12-15-2010
                      • Ferrell, Wes – Cleveland Indians
                      Wesley Cheek Ferrell b. 2-2-1908 in Greensboro, NC d. 12-9-1976
                      • Ford, Whitey – New York Yankees
                      Edmond Charles Ford b. 10-21-1928 in New York, NY
                      Galvin, Pud – Buffalo Bisons
                      James Francis Galvin b. 12-25-1856 in St. Louis, MO d. 3-7-1902

• Gibson, Bob – St. Louis Cardinals
                      Robert Gibson b. 11-9-1965 in Omaha, NE
                      • Glavine, Tom – Atlanta Braves
                      Thomas Michael Glavine b. 3-25-1966 in Concord, MA
                      • Greinke, Zack – Kansas City Royals
                      Donald Zachary Greinke b. 10-21-1983 in Orlando, FL
                      • Grove, Lefty – Philadelphia Athletics
                      Robert Moses Grove b. 3-6-1900 in Lonaconing, MD d. 5-22-1975
                      • Halladay, Roy – Philadelphia Phillies
                      Harry Leroy Halladay III b. 5-14-1977 in Denver, CO d. 11-7-2017
                      • Hubbell, Carl – New York Giants
                      Carl Owen Hubbell b. 6-22-1903 in Carthage, MO d. 11-21-1988
                      • Hunter, Catfish – Oakland Athletics
                      James Augustus Hunter b. 4-8-1946 in Hertford, NC d. 9-9-1999
                      • Jenkins, Fergie – Chicago Cubs
                      Ferguson Arthur Jenkins b. 12-13-1942 in Chatham, Canada
                      • Johnson, Randy – Arizona Diamondbacks
                      Randall David Johnson b. 9-10-1963 in Walnut Creek, CA
                      • Johnson, Walter – Washington Senators
                      Walter Perry Johnson b. 11-6-1887 in Humboldt, KS d. 12-10-1946
                      Kaneda, Masaichi – Kokutestu Swallows
                      Masaichi Kaneda b. 8-1-1933 in Nakashima, Japan d. 10-6-2019

Keefe, Tim – New York Giants
                      Timothy John Keefe b. 1-1-1856 in Cambridge, MA d. 4-23-1933

• Kershaw, Clayton – Los Angeles Dodgers
                      Clayton Edward Kershaw b. 3-19-1988 in Dallas, TX
                      • Koufax, Sandy – Los Angeles Dodgers
                      Sanford Braun b. 12-30-1935 in Brooklyn, NY
                      • Lemon, Bob – Cleveland Indians
                      Robert Granville Lemon b. 9-22-1920 in San Bernadino, CA d. 1-11-2000
                      • Lyons, Ted – Chicago White Sox
                      Theodore Amar Lyons b. 12-28-1900 in Lake Charles, LA d. 7-25-1986
                      • Maddux, Greg – Atlanta Braves
                      Gregory Alen Maddux b. 4-14-1966 in San Angelo, TX
                      • Marichal, Juan – San Francisco Giants
                      Juan Antonio Marichal Sanchez b. 10-20-1937 in Monte Cristi, D.R.
                      • Martinez, Pedro – Boston Red Sox
                      Pedro Jaime Martinez b. 10-25-1971 in Manoguayabo, D.R.
                      Mathews, Bobby – Mutual
                      Robert T. Mathews b. 11-21-1851 in Baltimore, MD d. 4-17-1898

• Mathewson, Christy – New York Giants
                      Christopher Mathewson b. 8-12-1880 in Factoryville, PA d. 10-7-1925
                      McCormick, Jim – Cleveland Blues
                      James McCormick b. 11-3-1856 in Glasgow, Scotland d. 3-10-1918

• McGinnity, Joe – New York Giants
                      Joseph Jerome McGinnity b. 3-20-1871 in Cornwall Township, IL d. 11-14-1929
                      Mendez, Jose – Almendares
                      Jose de la Caridad Mendez b. 3-19-1887 in Cardenas, Cuba d. 10-31-1928

Mullane, Tony – Cincinnati Red Stockings
                      Anthony John Mullane b. 1-20-1859 in County Cork, Ireland d. 4-25-1944

• Mussina, Mike – Baltimore Orioles
                      Michael Cole Mussina b. 12-8-1968 in Williamsport, PA
                      Nichols, Kid – Boston Beaneaters
                      Charles Augustus Nichols b. 9-14-1869 in Madison, WI d. 4-11-1963

• Niekro, Phil – Atlanta Braves
                      Philip Henry Niekro b. 4-1-1939 in Blaine, OH
                      • Palmer, Jim – Baltimore Orioles
                      James Alvin Palmer b. 10-15-1945 in New York, NY
                      Paige, Satchel – Kansas City Monarchs
                      Leroy Robert Paige b. 7-7-1906 in Mobile, AL d. 6-8-1982

• Perry, Gaylord – San Francisco Giants
                      Gaylord Jackson Perry b. 9-15-1938 in Williamston, NC
                      • Plank, Eddie – Philadelphia Athletics
                      Edward Stewart Plank b. 8-31-1875 in Gettysburg, PA d. 2-24-1926
                      Radbourn, Old Hoss – Providence Grays
                      Charles Gardner Radbourn b. 12-11-1854 in Rochester, NY d. 2-5-1897

Redding, Cannonball Dick – Brooklyn Royal Giants
                      Richard Redding b. 4-15-1893 in Atlanta, GA d. 10-31-1948

• Roberts, Robin – Philadelphia Phillies
                      Robin Evan Roberts b. 9-30-1926 in Springield, IL d. 5-6-2010
                      Rogan, Bullet Joe – Kansas City Monarchs
                      Charles Wilbert Rogan b. 7-28-1893 in Oklahoma City, OK d. 3-4-1967

Rusie, Amos – New York Giants
                      Amos Wilson Rusie b. 5-31-1871 in Mooresville, IN d. 12-6-1942

• Ryan, Nolan – Texas Rangers
                      Lynn Nolan Ryan Jr. b. 1-31-1947 in Refugio, TX
                      • Sabathia, C.C. – New York Yankees
                      Carsten Charles Sabathia Jr. b. 7-21-1980 in Vallejo, CA
                      • Scherzer, Max – Washington Nationals
                      Maxwell M. Scherzer b. 7-27-1984 in Chesterfield, MO
                      • Schilling, Curt – Arizona Diamondbacks
                      Curt Montague Schilling b. 11-14-1966 in Anchorage, AK
                      • Seaver, Tom – New York Mets
                      George Thomas Seaver b. 11-17-1944 in Fresno, CA
                      • Smoltz, John – Atlanta Braves
                      John Andrew Smoltz b. 5-15-1967 in Warren, MI
                      • Spahn, Warren – Milwaukee Braves
                      Warren Edward Spahn b. 4-23-1921 in Buffalo, NY d. 11-24-2003
                      *Spalding, Al – Boston Red Stockings
                      Albert Goodwill Spalding b. 9-2-1849 in Byron, IL d. 9-9-1915

Starffin, Victor – Yomiuri Giants
                      Viktor Konstantinovich Starukhin b. 5-1-1916 in Nizhny Tagil, Russia d. 1-12-1957

Stovey, George – Cuban Giants
                      George Washington Stovey b. 1866 in Williamsport, PA d. 3-22-1936

• Sutton, Don – Los Angeles Dodgers
                      Donald Howard Sutton b. 4-2-1945 in Clio, AL
                      • Vance, Dazzy – Brooklyn Robins
                      Charles Arthur Vance b. 3-4-1891 in Orient, IA d. 2-16-1961
                      • Verlander, Justin – Detroit Tigers
                      Justin Brooks Verlander b. 2-20-1983 in Manakin-Sabot, VA
                      • Waddell, Rube – Philadelphia Athletics
                      George Edward Waddell b. 10-13-1876 in Bradford, PA d. 4-1-1914
                      • Walsh, Ed – Chicago White Sox
                      Edward Augustine Walsh b. 5-14-1881 in Plains Township, PA d. 5-26-1959
                      • Walters, Bucky – Cincinnati Reds
                      William Henry Walters b. 4-19-1909 in Philadelphia, PA d. 4-20-1991
                      Welch, Mickey – New York Giants
                      Michael Francis Welch b. 7-4-1859 in Brooklyn, NY d. 7-30-1941

Williams, Smokey Joe – Homestead Grays
                      Joseph Williams b. 4-6-1886 in Seguin, TX d. 2-25-1951

• Wood, Smoky Joe – Boston Red Sox
                      Howard Ellsworth Wood b. 10-25-1889 in Kansas City, MO d. 7-27-1985
                      • Wood, Wilbur – Chicago White Sox
                      Wilbur Forrester Wood Jr. b. 10-22-1941 in Cambridge, MA
                      • Wynn, Early – Cleveland Indians
                      Early Wynn Jr. b. 1-6-1920 in Hartford, AL d. 4-4-1999
                      Young, Cy – Cleveland Blues
                      Denton True Young b. 3-29-1867 in Gilmore, OH d. 11-4-1941

Inducted primarily for non-playing contributions (13):

• Dinneen, Bill: umpire – Boston Red Sox
                      William Henry Dinneen b. 4-5-1876 in Syracuse, NY d. 1-13-1955
                      • Dunn, Jack: owner – Baltimore Orioles (I.L.)
                      John Joseph Dunn b. 10-6-1872 in Meadville, NY d. 10-22-1928
                      Foster, Rube: owner, league executive, manager, pioneer – Chicago American Giants
                      Andrew Foster b. 9-17-1879 in Culvert, TX d. 12-9-1930

• Gillick, Pat: GM – Toronto Blue Jays
                      Lawrence Patrick David Gillick b. 8-22-1937 in Chico, CA
                      • Griffith, Clark: owner, pioneer – Washington Senators
                      Clark Calvin Griffith b. 11-20-1869 in Clear Creek, MO d. 10-27-1955
                      • Lasorda, Tommy: manager – Los Angeles Dodgers
                      Thomas Charles Lasorda b. 9-22-1927 in Norristown, PA
                      • Mazzone, Leo: pitching coach – Atlanta Braves
                      Leo David Mazzone b. 10-16-1948 in Keyser, WV
                      • Nuxhall, Joe: broadcaster – Cincinnati Reds
                      Joseph Henry Nuxhall b. 7-30-1928 in Hamilton, OH d. 11-15-2007
                      • O’Day, Hank: umpire
                      Henry Martin Francis O'Day b 7-8-1859 in Chicago, IL d. 7-2-1925
                      Pidgeon, Frank: pioneer – Eckford
                      Francis Pidgeon b. 2-11-1825 in New York, NY d. 6-12-1884

• Sain, Johnny: pitching coach – Atlanta Braves
                      John Franklin Sain b. 9-25-1917 in Havana, AR d. 11-7-2006
                      *Spalding, Al: owner, executive, pioneer – Chicago White Stockings
                      Albert Goodwill Spalding b. 9-2-1849 in Byron, IL d. 9-9-1915

Wilkinson, J.L.: owner, pioneer – Kansas City Monarchs
                      James Leslie Wilkinson b. 5-14-1878 in Algona, IA d. 8-21-1964

Relief Pitcher (7)
                      • Eckersley, Dennis – Oakland Athletics
                      Dennis Lee Eckersley b. 10-3-1954 in Oakland, CA
                      • Fingers, Rollie – Oakland Athletics
                      Roland Glenn Fingers b. 8-25-1946 in Steubenville, OH
                      • Gossage, Goose – New York Yankees
                      Richard Michael Gossage b. 7-5-1951 in Colorado Springs, CO
                      • Hoffman, Trevor – San Diego Padres
                      Trevor William Hoffman b. 10-13-1967 in Bellflower, CA
                      • Rivera, Mariano – New York Yankees
                      Mariano Rivera b. 11-29-1969 in Panama City, Panama
                      • Wilhelm, Hoyt – Chicago White Sox
                      James Hoyt Wilhlem b. 7-26-1922 in Huntersville, NC d. 8-23-2002

Future HoFer's:

• Kimbrel, Craig – Atlanta Braves
                      Craig Michael Kimbrel b. 5-28-1988 in Huntsville, AL
                      Designated Hitter (4)
                      • Martinez, Edgar – Seattle Mariners
                      Edgar Martinez b. 1-2-1963 in New York, NY
                      • Molitor, Paul – Milwaukee Brewers
                      Paul Leo Molitor b. 8-22-1956 in St. Paul, MN
                      • Ortiz, David – Boston Red Sox
                      David Americo Ortiz Arias b. 11-181975 in Santo Domingo, D.R.
                      • Thomas, Frank – Chicago White Sox
                      Frank Edward Thomas Jr. b. 5-27-1968 in Columbus, GA
                      Other Contributors
                      Adams, Ivers: owner – Boston Red Stockings
                      Ivers Whitney Adams b. 5-20-1838 in Ashburnham, MA d. 10-10-1914

• Allen, Mel: broadcaster – New York Yankees
                      Melvin Allen Israel b. 2-14-1913 in Birmingham, AL d. 6-16-1996
                      • Barber, Red: broadcaster – Brooklyn Robins
                      Walter Lanier Barber b. 2-17-1908 in Columbus, MS d. 10-22-1992
                      • Barrow, Ed: GM – New York Yankees
                      Edward Grant Barrow b. 5-10-1868 in Springfield, IL d. 12-15-1953
                      Bolden, Ed: owner, executive – Philadelphia Stars
                      Edward Bolden b. 1-17-1881 in Concordville, PA d. 9-27-1950

• Breadon, Sam: owner – St. Louis Cardinals
                      Samuel Breadon b. 7-26-1876 in New York, NY d. 5-8-1949
                      • Buck, Jack: broadcaster – St, Louis Cardinals
                      John Francis Buck b. 8-21-1924 in Holyoke, MA d. 6-18-2002
                      • Busch, Gussie: owner – St. Louis Cardinals
                      August Anheuser Busch Jr b. 3-28-1899 in St. Louis, MO d. 9-29-1989
                      • Caray, Harry: broadcaster – St. Louis Cardinals
                      Harry Christopher Carabina b. 3-1-1914 in St. Louis, MO d. 2-18-1998
                      Catto, Octavious: pioneer – Pythian
                      Octavius Valentine Catto b. 2-22-1839 in Charleston, SC d. 10-10-1871

Cauldwell, William: writer, pioneer
                      William Cauldwell b. 10-12-1824 in New York, NY d. 12-2-1907

Caylor, O.P.: league executive, writer, pioneer – Cincinnati Red Stockings
                      Oliver Perry Caylor b. 12-14-1849 in Cincinnati, OH d. 10-19-1897

Chadwick, Henry: writer
                      Henry Chadwick b. 10-5-1824 in Exeter, England d. 4-20-1908

• Chandler, Happy: commissioner
                      Albert Benjamin Chandler b. 7-14-1898 in Corydon, KY d. 6-15-1991
                      • Chylak, Nestor: umpire
                      Nestor George Chylak Jr. b. 5-11-1922 in Olyphant, PA d. 2-17-1982
                      • Connolloy, Tom: umpire
                      Thomas Henry Connolly b. 12-31-1870 in Manchester, England d. 4-28-1961
                      Craig, John: umpire
                      Origins and demise unknown

• Day, John B.: owner, manager – New York Giants
                      John Bailey Day b. 9-23-1847 in Colchester, CT d. 1-25-1925
                      • Devine, Bing: GM – St. Louis Cardinals
                      Vaughn Pallmore Devine b. 3-1-1916 in St. Louis, MO d. 1-27-2007
                      • DeWitt Sr., Bill: owner, executive – St. Louis Browns
                      William Orville DeWitt b. 8-3-1902 in St. Louis, MO d. 3-4-1982
                      • DeWitt Jr., Bill: owner – St. Louis Cardinals
                      William Orville DeWitt Jr. b. 8-31-1941 in St. Louis, MO
                      • Dreyfuss, Barney: owner – Pittsburgh Pirates
                      Bernhard Dreyfuss b. 2-23-1865 in Freiberg, Germany d. 2-5-1932
                      • Ebbets, Charles: owner – Brooklyn Dodgers
                      Charles Hercules Ebbets b. 10-29-1859 in New York, NY d. 4-18-1925
                      • Epstein, Theo: GM – Boston Red Sox
                      Theo Nathaniel Epstein b. 12-29-1973 in New York, NY
                      • Evans, Billy: umpire, writer
                      William George Evans b. 2-10-1884 in Chicago, IL d. 1-23-1956
                      • Finley, Charlie: owner – Oakland Athletics
                      Chales Oscar Finley b. 2-22-1918 in Ensley, AL d. 2-19-1996
                      Fitzgerald, Colonel Thomas: owner, writer, pioneer – Athletic
                      Colonel Thomas Fitzgerald b. 12-22-1819 in New York, NY d. 6-25-1891

• Frick, Ford C.: league executive
                      Ford Chistopher Frick b. 12-19-1894 in Wawaka, IN d. 4-8-1978
                      • Froemming, Bruce: umpire
                      Bruce Neal Froemming b. 9-28-1939 in Milwaukee, WI
                      • Fullerton, Hugh: writer
                      Hugh Start Fullerton III b. 9-10-1873 in Hillsboro, OH d. 12-27-1945
                      • Gammons, Peter: writer
                      Peter Gammons b. 4-9-1945 in Boston, MA
                      • Giles, Warren: league executive, GM – Cincinnati Reds
                      Warren Crandall Giles b. 5-28-1896 in Tiskilwa, IL d. 2-7-1979
                      • Harwell, Ernie: broadcaster – Detroit Tigers
                      William Earnest Harwell b. 1-25-1918 in Washington, GA d. 5-4-2010
                      • Hemond, Roland: executive – Chicago White Sox
                      Roland Hemond b. 10-26-1929 in Central Falls, RI
                      • Herrmann, August: owner, league executive – Cincinnati Reds
                      August Hermann b. 5-3-1859 in Cincinnati, OH d. 4-25-1931
                      • Heydler, John: league executive, statistical pioneer
                      John Arnold Heydler b. 7-10-1869 in La Fargeville, NY d. 4-18-1956
                      • Hirschbeck, John: umpire
                      John Francis Hirschbeck b. 9-7-1954 in Bridgeport, CT
                      • Howsam, Bob: GM – Cincinnati Reds
                      Robert Lee Howsam b. 2-28-1918 in Denver, CO d. 2-19-2008
                      • Hubbard, Cal: umpire
                      Robert Calvin Hubbard b. 10-31-1900 in Keytseville, MO d. 10-17-1977
                      Hulbert, William: owner, pioneer – Chicago White Stockings
                      William Ambrose Hulbert b. 10-23-1832 in Burlington Flats, NY d. 4-10-1882

• James, Bill: writer, statistical pioneer
                      George William James b. 10-5-1949 in Holton, KS
                      • Johnson, Ban: league executive, pioneer
                      Byron Bancroft Johnson b. 1-5-1864 in Norwalk, OH d. 3-28-1931
                      • Kalas, Harry: broadcaster – Philadelphia Phillies
                      Harold Norbert Kalas b. 3-26-1936 in Naperville, IL d. 4-13-2009
                      • Kauffman, Ewing: owner – Kansas City Royals
                      Ewing Marion Kauffman b. 9-21-1916 in Garden City, MO d. 8-1-1993
                      • Klem, Bill: umpire
                      William Joseph Klimm b. 2-22-1874 in Rochester, NY d. 9-16-1971
                      • Landis, Kenesaw Mountain: commissioner
                      Kenesaw Mountain Landis b. 11-20-1866 in Millville, OH d. 11-25-1944
                      • Lane, F.C.: writer
                      Ferdinand Cole Lane b. 1896 d. 1984
                      • Lieb, Fred: writer
                      Frederick George Lieb b. 3-5-1888 in Philadelphia, PA d. 6-3-1980
                      • MacPhail, Larry: executive – New York Yankees
                      Leland Stanford MacPhail b. 2-3-1890 in Cass City, MI d. 10-1-1975
                      • MacPhail, Lee: executive – New York Yankees
                      Leland Stanford MacPhail Jr. b. 10-25-1917 in Nashville, TN d. 11-8-2012
                      • Miller, Marvin: players union executive, pioneer
                      Marvin Julian Miller b. 4-14-1917 in Brooklyn, NY d. 11-27-2012
                      Mills, A.G.: executive – Olympic
                      Abraham Gilbert Mills b. 3-12-1844 in New York, NY d. 8-26-1929

Motley, Bob: umpire, pioneer
                      Robert Carter Motley b. 3-11-1923 in Autaugaville, AL d. 9-14-2017

Mutrie, Jim: manager – New York Giants
                      James J. Mutrie b. 6-13-1851 in Chelsea, MA d. 1-24-1938

• Okrent, Dan: fantasy baseball pioneer
                      Daniel Okrent b. 4-2-1948 in Detroit, MI
                      • O’Malley, Peter: owner – Los Angeles Dodgers
                      Peter O'Malley b. 12-12-1937 in Brooklyn, NY
                      • O’Malley, Walter: owner – Los Angeles Dodgers
                      Walter Francis O'Malley b. 10-9-1903 in New York, NY d. 8-9-1979
                      Pompez, Alex: executive, pioneer – New York Cubans
                      Allejandro Pompez b. 5-3-1890 in Key West, FL d. 3-14-1974

• Quinn, John: executive – Boston Braves
                      James Aloysius Robert Quinn b. 2-14-1870 in Columbus, OH d. 3-12-1954
                      Reyes, Alejandro: mexican league executive, pioneer
                      Alejandro Aguilar Reyes b. 2-14-1870 d. 11-12-1961

Richter, Francis: owner, writer, pioneer
                      Francis C. Richter b. 1-26-1854 in Philadelphia, PA d. 2-12-1926

• Ruppert, Jacob: owner – New York Yankees
                      Jacob Ruppert Jr. b. 8-5-1867 in New York, NY d. 1-13-1939
                      • Schuerholz, John: GM – Atlanta Braves
                      John Boland Schuerholz Jr. b. 10-1-1940 in Baltimore, MD
                      • Scully, Vin: broadcaster – Los Angeles Dodgers
                      Vincent Edward Scully b. 11-29-1927 in New York, NY
                      Selee, Frank: GM, manager – Boston Beaneaters
                      Frank Gibson Selee b. 10-26-1859 in Amherst, NH d. 7-5-1909

Shoriki, Matsutaro: owner, league executive, writer – Yomiuri Giants
                      Matsutaro Shoriki b. 4-11-1885 in Daimon, Japan d. 10-9-1969

• Somers, Charles: owner, pioneer – Cleveland Indians
                      Charles W. Somers b. 10-13-1868 in Cleveland, OH d. 6-29-1934
                      Spink, Alfred: writer
                      Alfred Henry Spink b. 8-24-1854 in Quebec, Canada d. 5-27-1928

Spink, J.G. Taylor: writer
                      John George Taylor Spink b. 11-6-1888 in St. Louis, MO d. 12-7-1962

• Summers, Bill: umpire
                      William Reed Summers b. 11-10-1895 in Harrison, NJ d. 9-12-1966
                      • Thorn, John: writer
                      John Thorn b. 4-17-1947 in Stuttgart, Germany
                      • Turner, Ted: owner, television pioneer – Atlanta Braves
                      Robert Edward Turner III b. 22-29-2938 in Cincinnati, OH
                      • Vincent, Fay: Commissioner
                      Francis Thomas Vincent Jr. b. 5-29-1938 in Waterbury, CT
                      • Weiss, George: executive – New York Yankees
                      George Martin Weiss b. 6-23-1894 in New Haven, CT d. 8-13-1972
                      • Wendelstedt, Harry: umpire
                      Harry Hunter Wendelstedt Jr. b. 7-27-1938 d. 3-9-2012
                      Wheaton, William: pioneer – Knickerbocker
                      William Rufus Wheaton b. 5-7-1814 in New York, NY d. 9-11-1888

Wildey, John: pioneer – Mutual
                      John Wildey b. 1823 in New York, NY d. 5-30-1889

• Wrigley, Phil: owner – Chicago Cubs
                      Philip Knight Wrigley b. 12-5-1894 in Chicago, IL d. 4-12-1977
                      • Wrigley, William: owner – Chicago Cubs
                      William M. Wrigley Jr. b. 9-30-1861 in Philadelphia, PA d. 1-26-1932
                      • Yawkey, Tom: owner – Boston Red Sox
                      Thomas Yawkey Austin b. 3-21-1903 in Detroit, MI d. 7-9-1976

Future HoFer's:

• Henry, John: owner – Boston Red Sox
                      John William Henry II b. 9-13-1949 in Quincy, IL
                      Last edited by bluesky5; 03-07-2020, 10:38 AM.
                      "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X