Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hall of Fame closed until further notice (COVID-19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hall of Fame closed until further notice (COVID-19)

Effective 5pm local time today, the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum will be shuttering its doors until further notice due to precautions being taken to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
    "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
    "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
    "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
    "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Originally posted by Chadwick View Post
    Effective 5pm local time today, the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum will be shuttering its doors until further notice due to precautions being taken to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
    My wife and I had planned- on short notice- to drive to Cooperstown last Tuesday and visit the HOF, but decided to postpone. Looks like we may have lost our opportunity for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRon View Post

My wife and I had planned- on short notice- to drive to Cooperstown last Tuesday and visit the HOF, but decided to postpone. Looks like we may have lost our opportunity for a while.
      While I'm skeptical about Opening Day taking place on April 9, I would be surprised if the HOF wasn't open later this summer, certainly before its scheduled Induction Weekend.
      "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
      "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards

Comment

Originally posted by Chadwick View Post
        While I'm skeptical about Opening Day taking place on April 9, I would be surprised if the HOF wasn't open later this summer, certainly before its scheduled Induction Weekend.
        Let's all hope they come up with an effective vaccine soon, or this will be the new normal through Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post

Let's all hope they come up with an effective vaccine soon, or this will be the new normal through Christmas.
          It would be a minor miracle if a vaccine were developed before 2021.

Comment

MLB has decided to launch an investigation of the origins of COVID-19 and they found Abner Doubleday invented corona virus at a cow pasture in Cooperstown, NY in late 2019.
            "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

Originally posted by bluesky5 View Post
              MLB has decided to launch an investigation of the origins of COVID-19 and they found Abner Doubleday invented corona virus at a cow pasture in Cooperstown, NY in late 2019.
              This made my day!

Comment

As a paying member of the HOF, they send me some information occasionally. They have a lot of new on-line free content, see below.

https://baseballhall.org/discover/sa...60061-56574023
                R.I.P. Farmio
                Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

If we have baseball at all in 2020, I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I just don't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks pretty bleak to me.
                  They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Toledo Inquisition View Post
                    As a paying member of the HOF, they send me some information occasionally. They have a lot of new on-line free content, see below.

https://baseballhall.org/discover/sa...60061-56574023
                    Well at least the HoF is putting baseball content out there. The NBA is airing classic match ups on YouTube. MLB is probably out trying to confiscate balls from every child in America and licking their doorknobs so they'll never experience free baseball content again. You won't watch your home team and you won't play ball without our express written consent!!
                    "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

Well at least the HoF is putting baseball content out there. The NBA is airing classic match ups on YouTube. MLB is probably out trying to confiscate balls from every child in America and licking their doorknobs so they'll never experience free baseball content again. You won't watch your home team and you won't play ball without our express written consent!!
                      I take it back they're posting games. Probably a rogue intern or something.

Comment

Haha, this made my day!
                        Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                          If we have baseball at all in 2020, I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I just don't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks pretty bleak to me.
                          I've been having this exact thought.
                          Put it in the books.

Comment

I take it back they're posting games. Probably a rogue intern or something.
                            Games all day. Well done MLB.

Originally posted by milladrive View Post

Haha, this made my day!
                            Glad they made me eat my words.

Comment

In the meantime, there are two 2020 sims taking place of the MLB season.

Baseball-Reference is using OOTP to simulate theirs. Read about it here.

Strat-O-Matic is doing the same thing, using their own product.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X