Playoff Hall of Fame project, 6th groups in winners and loser's brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bothrops Atrox View Post
    Seems like there is a lot more consensus this round than normal.
    I'll do my best to screw things up!

1. Randy Johnson
    2. Harry Heilmann - in a real dogfight with Hubbell..could go either way
    3. Carl Hubbell
    4. Duke Snider - barely over
    5. Roger Connor
    6. Enos Slaughter

----HOF----
    ----Big HOF----

7. Nomar Garciaparra
    8. Vada Pinson

Losers

----HOF----
    1. Mark Buerhel==le
    ----Big HOF----

sorting out the dogs is harder than the big guns
    60 games is better than none.
    July 23 can't come soon enough.
    Bring on the 2020 season.
    PLAY BALL!

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

1. Randy Johnson
      2. Roger Connor
      3. Duke Snider
      4. Carl Hubbell
      5. Enos Slaughter
      6. Harry Heilmann
      7. Nomar Garciaparra
      8. Vada Pinson

1. Bert Campaneris
      2. John McGraw

3. Buddy Bell
      4. Dizzy Trout
      5. Mark Buehrle
      6. Tony Oliva
      7. Larry Gardner
      8. Torii Hunter
      Jacquelyn Eva Marchand (1983-2017)
      http://www.tezakfuneralhome.com/noti...uelyn-Marchand

Comment

In the winner's bracket, the guys moving on to 2-0 are Connor, Hubbell, R Johnson and Snider while Garciaparra, Heilmann, Pinson and Slaughter move into the 1-1 bracket. The official results:
        Code:

84 Randy Johnson
        66 Roger Connor
        54 Duke Snider
        52 Carl Hubbell
        41 Harry Heilmann
        27 Enos Slaughter
        8 Nomar Garciaparra
        4 Vada Pinson
        In the loser's bracket, the guys moving to the 1-1 bracket are B Bell, Campaneris, McGraw and Olivawhile the rest fall to the 0-2 bracket. The official results:
        Code:

64 Buddy Bell
        57 John McGraw
        54 Bert Campaneris
        50 Tony Oliva
        35 Mark Buehrle
        20 Dizzy Trout
        17 Torii Hunter
        11 Larry Gardner
        Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
        Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
        A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

Sorry Jim, I missed this. I was just coming to finish this off. It wouldn't have swung the bottom 4 in the losers bracket.
          PLAY BALL!

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Comment

No worries. This is hardly the biggest thing in the world. I don't know all the things everyone has to deal with, especially now. Even if you're fortunate to not have serious worries beyond you and yours staying healthy right now, we're all a little out of sorts. Truth be told, if there had been much chance of your vote changing the four winners or losers in the 0-1 bracket, I would have reached out Thursday or Friday to remind you. It was clear one vote wouldn't, so I didn't follow up either on the theory we do this for fun and nobody needs more stress right now. Bottom line is, glad to have you participate when and as much as you can, but there are much bigger things going on. My wife's a OR nurse in Philly, but one of these days, I expect she'll be caring for covid patients. It's not reassuring. Hang in there, my man.

To all of you reading this--we are all in this together, white, black, asian, man, woman, child, senior, Republican, Democrat, Independent, Communist, whatever your religious beliefs--all of us. It's the most important thing we have--each other. Take care of yourself and those around you and encourage others to do likewise.
            Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
            Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
            A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by jalbright View Post
              No worries. This is hardly the biggest thing in the world. I don't know all the things everyone has to deal with, especially now. Even if you're fortunate to not have serious worries beyond you and yours staying healthy right now, we're all a little out of sorts. Truth be told, if there had been much chance of your vote changing the four winners or losers in the 0-1 bracket, I would have reached out Thursday or Friday to remind you. It was clear one vote wouldn't, so I didn't follow up either on the theory we do this for fun and nobody needs more stress right now. Bottom line is, glad to have you participate when and as much as you can, but there are much bigger things going on. My wife's a OR nurse in Philly, but one of these days, I expect she'll be caring for covid patients. It's not reassuring. Hang in there, my man.

To all of you reading this--we are all in this together, white, black, asian, man, woman, child, senior, Republican, Democrat, Independent, Communist, whatever your religious beliefs--all of us. It's the most important thing we have--each other. Take care of yourself and those around you and encourage others to do likewise.
              Fully agree!

PLAY BALL!

Comment

Originally posted by jalbright View Post

Well said Jim.

Comment

Be safe Jim and wife. health care workers do not get enough credit. The risks they are taking for all of us each and every day...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X