X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jalbright
    Researcher/advocate/mod
    • Mar 2005

Two days left in this election with one ballot needing to fill out the loser's bracket and one voter from last election yet to vote. Since both have posted here, I will dispense with a PM.
    Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
    Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
    A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

• Toledo Inquisition
      Buehrle-Sox fans say HOF!
      • Feb 2011

Winner's Bracket:

1. Mel Ott
      2. Ed Delahanty
      3. Richie Ashburn
      4. Earl Averill - sadly I expect him to miss the winners bracket this round
      5. Bid McPhee - one of the great fielders of the 1800's

-------HOF Line-------
      -------Big HOF Line-------

6. Dwight Evans
      7. Jose Cruz Sr.
      8. Andy Pettitte

Loser's Bracket:

-------HOF Line-------

1. Earle Combs

-------Big HOF Line-------

2. Lee Smith - weird case...I reread the instructions twice in this case. I think Jack Clark was the better player but I think Lee Smith is the "best HOF candidate"
      3. Jack Clark
      4. Red Schoendienst
      5. Dan Quisenberry
      6. Felipe Alou
      7. Fred Lindstrom
      8. Red Lucas
      If the White Sox has not traded Sammy Sosa, they'd have probably won a few more World Series. (Chadwick)
      Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

• jalbright
        Researcher/advocate/mod
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Toledo Inquisition View Post
        Winner's Bracket:
        4. Earl Averill - sadly I expect him to miss the winners bracket this round
        Correct. But after next round, either way he'd be in the 2-1 bracket and not the 1-2, so it doesn't make much difference.
        A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

• jalbright
          Researcher/advocate/mod
          • Mar 2005

In the winner's bracket, the guys moving on to 2-0 are Ashburn, Delahanty, Dw Evans and Ott while Averill, Cruz, McPhee and Pettite move into the 1-1 bracket. The official result:
          Code:
           [TABLE="width: 222"]
          [TR]
          [TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]70[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]Mel Ott[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           		[/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]59[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]Ed Delahanty[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           		[/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]42[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]Richie Ashburn[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           		[/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]35[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]Dwight Evans[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           		[/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]28[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]Earl Averill[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           		[/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]23[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]Bid McPhee[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           		[/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]15[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]Andy Pettite[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           		[/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]6[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]Jose Cruz[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           		[/TR]
          [/TABLE]
          In the loser's bracket, the guys moving to the 1-1 bracket are J. Clark, Combs, Quisenberry and L Smith while the rest fall to the 0-2:
          Code:
           [TABLE="width: 222"]
          [TR]
          [TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]60[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]Lee Smith[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           		[/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]58[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]Jack Clark[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           		[/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]43[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]Dan Quisenberry[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           		[/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]41[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]Earle Combs[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           		[/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]29[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]Red Schoendienst[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           		[/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]24[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]Red Lucas[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           		[/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]17[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]Felipe Alou[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           		[/TR]
          [TR]
          [TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]5[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]Fred Lindstrom[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
           		[/TR]
          [/TABLE]

Comment

• Toledo Inquisition
            Buehrle-Sox fans say HOF!
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by jalbright View Post

Correct. But after next round, either way he'd be in the 2-1 bracket and not the 1-2, so it doesn't make much difference.
            I understand, but I prefer "my guys" in the better bracket!
            If the White Sox has not traded Sammy Sosa, they'd have probably won a few more World Series. (Chadwick)
            Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X