Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Era 4: Which of these 12 1B deserve enshrinement within the context of their peers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Era 4: Which of these 12 1B deserve enshrinement within the context of their peers?

Most eras only have 2-3 inducted so you may want to limit yourself, but you don't have to..this is a pretty loaded group.
    Lou Gehrig
    100.00%
    George Sisler
    100.00%
    Jim Bottomley
    38.46%
    Bill Terry
    92.31%
    George Kelly
    30.77%
    George Burns
    7.69%
    Joe Judge
    7.69%
    Wally Pipp
    7.69%
    Jack Fournier
    30.77%
    Charlie Grimm
    7.69%
    Lu Blue
    7.69%
    Earl Sheely
    0%
    None of the above
    0%

Lou Gehrig scores in the 90th percentile for WAR, OPS+, RBAT, Monitor, JAWS and H-Factor
    George Sisler scores in the 90th percentile in Monitor. 80th percentile in WAR, JAWS and H-Factor. 70th percentile in OPS+ and RBAT
    Jim Bottomley scores in the 80th percentile in Monitor and H-Factor. 70th percentile in OPS+ and RBAT. 60th percentile in WAR and JAWS.
    Bill Terry scores in the 90th percentile in Monitor. 80th percentile in WAR, OPS+, RBAT and JAWS. 70th percentile in H-Factor.
    George Kelly scores in the 60th percentile in H-Factor.
    George Burns scores in the 60th percentile in Monitor and H-Factor.
    Joe Judge scores in the 70th percentile in JAWS. 60th percentile in WAR, RBAT and H-Factor.
    Jack Fournier scores in the 90th percentile in OPS+. 80th percentile in RBAT. 70th percentile in WAR and JAWS.
    Lu Blue scores in the 60th percentile in WAR and JAWS.

All other statistical categories and players not listed are in the 59th percentile or below.

Comment

Gehrig is inner circle. Also yes to Sisler and Terry. Bottomley is gray area. Kelly was a clear crony pick. Pipp was good.

Comment

Gehrig. Sisler. Terry.
        "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
        "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
        "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
        "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

Lou Gehrig, George Sisler and Bill Terry.

Comment

Gehrig, Sisler, Terry. Bottomley is HOVG. Fournier is probably best of the rest.

Comment

For the sake of accuracy, I've changed it from "Kelly" to "Kell."

I went with Gehrig, Sisler, Terry, and Fournier. Imho, both Bottomley and Kelly are such generous Cooperstown inclusions they're not even in my own personal hall. Judge gets an honorable mention as well.

Coincidence of the day: Earl Sheely died on this date in 1952.
              Last edited by milladrive; 09-17-2020, 12:46 PM. Reason: It's indeed Kelly
              Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
                For the sake of accuracy, I've changed it from "Kelly" to "Kell."

I went with Gehrig, Sisler, Terry, and Fournier. Imho, both Bottomley and Kell are such generous Cooperstown inclusions they're not even in my own personal hall. Judge gets an honorable mention as well.

Coincidence of the day: Earl Sheely died on this date in 1952.
                Your thoughts are needed here: https://www.baseball-fever.com/forum...f-hall-of-fame

Jacquelyn Eva Marchand (1983-2017)
                http://www.tezakfuneralhome.com/noti...uelyn-Marchand

Comment

Originally posted by Jar of Flies View Post
                  Oh, indeed. I know the thread's a decade on but to be honest, I never had a pHoF before I started putting one together this year. I'd say I'm about ⅔ to ¾ of the way, and hopefully I'll be posting it by the holidays.
                  Put it in the books.

Comment

Oh, indeed. I know the thread's a decade on but to be honest, I never had a pHoF before I started putting one together this year. I'd say I'm about ⅔ to ¾ of the way, and hopefully I'll be posting it by the holidays.

A holiday present to look forward to!
                    Jacquelyn Eva Marchand (1983-2017)
                    http://www.tezakfuneralhome.com/noti...uelyn-Marchand

Comment

For the sake of accuracy, I've changed it from "Kelly" to "Kell".
                      Kelly was correct; George "High Pockets" Kelly was a slugging first baseman with a slick glove in the 1920s AL

George Kell was a third baseman in the 1940s and 1950s with a good glove who won two AL batting titles.

They are both much-maligned HOF selections, but they're different guys.

Comment

Ignore my vote for George Kell(y) because I was basing off the wrong guy.
                        Last edited by dgarza; 09-17-2020, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cougar View Post

Kelly was correct; George "High Pockets" Kelly was a slugging first baseman with a slick glove in the 1920s AL

George Kell was a third baseman in the 1940s and 1950s with a good glove who won two AL batting titles.

They are both much-maligned HOF selections, but they're different guys.
                          Oh my, my bad. I've changed it back, and my apologies for any confusion it may've caused.

Heh, oddly enough, my thought on his inclusion in upstate NY still stands. ...even more so.
                          Put it in the books.

Comment

I couldn't bring myself to vote for Earl Sheely.

Comment

Fournier could fit in the Hall as a solid choice not inner level but solid.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X