Which of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these?

Which of these alledged or proven roid users will make it into the HOF sometime in the future?
    Miguel Tejada
    0.00%
    Rafael Palmeiro
    0.00%
    Jose Canseco
    0.00%
    Ken Caminiti
    0.00%
    Barry Bonds
    31.82%
    Andy Pettite
    0.00%
    Roger Clemens
    18.18%
    Jason Giambi
    0.00%
    None of these
    18.18%
    All of these
    0.00%
    Some of these (please enter in thread)
    31.82%
    Last edited by stejay; 03-21-2008, 06:25 AM.
    MySpace Codes

I think Bonds, Palmeiro, Clemens and maybe Tejada, if he contineues to improve and play better, will go into the hall at some stage.
    MySpace Codes

Comment

--I clicked several of these players, not realizing you could only select one. For the nature of this poll it would have been better to have allowed multiple choices. With a single option your resluts are not going to reflect the actual views of most participants (or at least I expect that will be the case).

Comment

If you looked, there is a some of these players button. You should have clicked that and entered the names in in the thread.
        MySpace Codes

Comment

--I saw that option. It would have been better to have let people say who those some are.

Comment

Of the names I think only Bonds and Clemens stand a chance because they were so great and each had around a decade of great baseball before they allegedly started using. Using performance enhancers did not make these guys great, they were already great ballplayers, using made these already great players otherworldly. Whereas with the other players, I don't think they had Hall of Fame careers with or without steriods, or in the case of Palmeiro, would not have made it over the Hall of Fame hump without the extra help. Basically, I think Bonds and Clemens already had a Hall of Fame talent (just not as much without the juice), but at this point it will likely be an uphill battle for either to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by leecemark View Post
              --I saw that option. It would have been better to have let people say who those some are.
              I agree with Leecemark, this type of poll was better suited to allow multiple options. I clicked "some"

I think Clemens and Bonds are going to get in. It might take longer then it ultimately will, but they'll get in. As for the rest, it is debatable if they'd even get in if they were squeaky clean. Lets go through them:
              • Tejada - Has an awful lot left to do to even be considered.
              • Palmeiro - Did enough to get in, if it weren't for the steroids. I don't think he'll overcome that
              • Canseco - Ignoring the steroids, I'd still have him falling short. 462 homeruns? Not impressive for a slugger in the 90's. 1 MVP, but only one other top 10. Very good player, but other then 4 year stretch from 1988-1991, not Hall worthy.
              • Caminiti - not even close, steroids or not
              • Pettite - he too falls short for me. I don't think the steroids will hurt him, but I don't think he gets in anyway. 4 more 15 year wins will get him up to 260, and the conversation will get more interesting, but I'm not sure he is sticking around that long
              • Giambi - He too is not close in my book. If he sticks around long enough to build his numbers up, then I do think the steroids will hurt him. His best years appear to be steroid aided, I don't think he gets in regardless of what he does gong forward

Comment

Bonds and Clemens

Comment

Bonds and Clemens are the only ones I would be certain of. Petite is borderline at best. Same with the others.
                  I would love to see Andy in. But I don't think he would make it and he is borderline at best, like I said.

Welcome back ARod. Hope you are a Yankee forever.
                  Phil Rizzuto-a Yankee forever.

Holy Cow

Comment

Bonds and Clemens.
                    "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
                    "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
                    "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
                    "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X