is 500HRs still 500Hrs??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
    I don't think any "benchmark" should be a "lock" for the HOF, including 500 HR and 3000 hits.

500 is not 500 anymore, just as 40 isn't 40, 50 isn't 50, and 60 isn't 60.
    Some kind of New Age math there Sultan? But I agree there shouldn't be any statistical benchmark for the HoF. If you look at the pre-Steroid Era 500 HR hitters most of them did many things besides hit 500 HRs that helped them get into the HoF.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
      The problem I have is players who only gets to 3,000 because of the number of AB they had, and then all of a sudden they're elevated to some other level. As if staying healthy and achieving 11,000 AB is some great accomplishment. Their other numbers aren't that impressive, in fact, they "compiled" them from having 11,000 AB, yet in the end the totals look all nice and pretty.
      Can you say Cal Ripken, Jr? Oh, yeah, he had streak of some sort or other. While he was on that streak he had some years that may have gotten some other players benched or at the very least sat down a time or two.

Yankees Fan Since 1957

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X