Bret Boone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bret Boone

Wow, a few years ago it looked as if this guy might be on a legitimate track for Cooperstown. After his swift decline and retirement, I'd say there's no chance he's a Hall of Famer. Anyone disagree with that assessment?

Originally posted by The Commissioner
    Wow, a few years ago it looked as if this guy might be on a legitimate track for Cooperstown. After his swift decline and retirement, I'd say there's no chance he's a Hall of Famer. Anyone disagree with that assessment?
    Agreed. But maybe should be considered the best M's second baseman of all time with 4 GG and some real nice hitting seasons. Which tells you something about the M's...:grouchy
    Johnny
    Delusion, Life's Coping Mechanism

Comment

Originally posted by johnny
      Agreed. But maybe should be considered the best M's second baseman of all time with 4 GG and some real nice hitting seasons. Which tells you something about the M's...:grouchy
      All that tells you s that the M's haven't been around long enough. Give them some time and they'll produce some greats. Hey, in their relatively short history, they are already pretty strong at their shortstop, right field, and center field all-time great positions.

Comment

All that tells you s that the M's haven't been around long enough. Give them some time and they'll produce some greats. Hey, in their relatively short history, they are already pretty strong at their shortstop, right field, and center field all-time great positions.
        And Pitcher...too bad three of 'em left. Ironically, after Randy/Junior/A-Rod left the teams actually played better.
        But your right Commish. The M's have a relatively -by baseball standards- short history. Not to excuse a lack of World Series appearances :grouchy :grouchy
        Johnny

Comment

Bret has zero shot at the HoF. Best M's 2B is probably true.
          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST
            Best M's 2B is probably true.
            Don't tell Harold Reynolds that!
            "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
            "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
            "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
            "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Chancellor
              Don't tell Harold Reynolds that!

Maybe we ought to poll that. I would love to see the Sabermetrics arguement on who is better, Reynolds or Boone?
              Johnny

Comment

I just did a lot of looking at HOF second baseman and recent players at that position for an article on my blog, and I'd say Boone is certainly not a Hall of Famer....a couple excellent seasons, a few more solid ones, but not enough to be a serious candidate. I'd say Chuck Knoblauch is possibly a better candidate than Boone, and he's nowhere close, either.

I figure from late 80's-present crowd, we'll probably see Alomar and Biggio in, with Kent maybe making it in as well.
                Visit my card site at Mike D's Baseball Card Page.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X