X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike D.
    replied
    Originally posted by The Commissioner
    Wow, a few years ago it looked as if this guy might be on a legitimate track for Cooperstown. After his swift decline and retirement, I'd say there's no chance he's a Hall of Famer. Anyone disagree with that assessment?
    I just did a lot of looking at HOF second baseman and recent players at that position for an article on my blog, and I'd say Boone is certainly not a Hall of Famer....a couple excellent seasons, a few more solid ones, but not enough to be a serious candidate. I'd say Chuck Knoblauch is possibly a better candidate than Boone, and he's nowhere close, either.

I figure from late 80's-present crowd, we'll probably see Alomar and Biggio in, with Kent maybe making it in as well.

Leave a comment:

• johnny
    replied
    Originally posted by Chancellor
    Don't tell Harold Reynolds that!

Maybe we ought to poll that. I would love to see the Sabermetrics arguement on who is better, Reynolds or Boone?

Leave a comment:

• Chadwick
    replied
    Originally posted by KCGHOST
    Best M's 2B is probably true.
    Don't tell Harold Reynolds that!

Leave a comment:

• KCGHOST
    replied
    Bret has zero shot at the HoF. Best M's 2B is probably true.

Leave a comment:

• johnny
    replied
    All that tells you s that the M's haven't been around long enough. Give them some time and they'll produce some greats. Hey, in their relatively short history, they are already pretty strong at their shortstop, right field, and center field all-time great positions.
    And Pitcher...too bad three of 'em left. Ironically, after Randy/Junior/A-Rod left the teams actually played better.
    But your right Commish. The M's have a relatively -by baseball standards- short history. Not to excuse a lack of World Series appearances :grouchy :grouchy

Leave a comment:

• The Commissioner
    replied
    Originally posted by johnny
    Agreed. But maybe should be considered the best M's second baseman of all time with 4 GG and some real nice hitting seasons. Which tells you something about the M's...:grouchy
    All that tells you s that the M's haven't been around long enough. Give them some time and they'll produce some greats. Hey, in their relatively short history, they are already pretty strong at their shortstop, right field, and center field all-time great positions.

Leave a comment:

• johnny
    replied
    Wow, a few years ago it looked as if this guy might be on a legitimate track for Cooperstown. After his swift decline and retirement, I'd say there's no chance he's a Hall of Famer. Anyone disagree with that assessment?
    Agreed. But maybe should be considered the best M's second baseman of all time with 4 GG and some real nice hitting seasons. Which tells you something about the M's...:grouchy

Leave a comment:

• The Commissioner
    started a topic Bret Boone

Bret Boone

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X