Cuban Players in the hall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuban Players in the hall?

A thought came across my mind as I was reading a story today about the Cuban baseball team. Since they are not allowed to play in the major leagues due to the political climate of Cuba, should they be eligible for the hall of fame? I have heard some argue that players from Japan like Oh should be eligible because they were unfairly prevented from playing in MLB. I've even heard some arguments about players in the old PCL being elected on similar grounds. So then, what about Cuban players? It certainly seems like they play at a major league level and they have been unfairly prevented from playing in MLB. - I just saw that the international player vote thread addresses this issue so feel free to ignore this post.
    Last edited by Pine Tar; 03-19-2006, 10:17 PM.

Originally posted by Pine Tar
    A thought came across my mind as I was reading a story today about the Cuban baseball team. Since they are not allowed to play in the major leagues due to the political climate of Cuba, should they be eligible for the hall of fame? I have heard some argue that players from Japan like Oh should be eligible because they were unfairly prevented from playing in MLB. I've even heard some arguments about players in the old PCL being elected on similar grounds. So then, what about Cuban players? It certainly seems like they play at a major league level and they have been unfairly prevented from playing in MLB. - I just saw that the international player vote thread addresses this issue so feel free to ignore this post.
    Jose Contreras is from Cuba and he plays for the WS Champ White Sox.

It is called defection.
    There are plenty of players that have played here from Cuba.

If they do play here, then they are eligible for the Hall, if they meet the criteria.
    Otherwise, no, it is the NATIONAL Baseball Hall of Fame.
    1968 and 1984, the greatest ever.

Comment

The idea of international players getting into the HoF is silly.
      Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X