Jim McCormick HOF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AG2004 View Post
    Considering career value only (and ignoring peak), Galvin comes out higher than any of his contemporaries. The International Association (IA), which lasted from 1877 to 1880, attempted to become the best league in baseball; Galvin was the primary pitcher with second-place Pittsburgh in 1877 and first-place Buffalo in 1878. Buffalo went 10-7 against NL teams in 1878, and finished third in the NL after joining the league in 1879. Galvin deserves some credit for 1877 and 1878.
    I find this interesting...
    "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

No I don't. This guy's Mickey Gilley compared to Kid Nichols' George Jones. Not happening.

Comment

Wow some real insightful stuff. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by TomBodet View Post
          No I don't. This guy's Mickey Gilley compared to Kid Nichols' George Jones. Not happening.
          Are those supposed to be musicians or something? :innocent::guitar::ooo:
          Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
          Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

The following thread could likely be combined with this one:

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...e-Hall-of-Fame

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X