McGriff HOF Uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McGriff HOF Uniform

Assuming Fred McGriff makes it into the Hall Of Fame, what team's uniform should he wear in?
    Toronto Blue Jays
    32.50%
    San Diego Padres
    5.00%
    Atlanta Braves
    40.00%
    Tampa Bay Devil Rays
    15.00%
    Chicago Cubs
    5.00%
    L.A. Dodgers
    2.50%
    Last edited by Go Bravos!!!#1; 04-03-2006, 08:09 PM.
    Simply... TAKING BACK THE EAST IN 2007

Good question.

Braves or Jays I suppose. But idk, I have to think more about that one.
    "Statistics are used much like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support, not illumination."
    -Vin Scully

Comment

Well his stats with each team reads as follows
      ( I may be off by a little bit on some because I had to count them up and compile them myself but im pretty sure there accurate)

.........................................G....AB.. ..H...2B.3B..HR..RBI..AVG..OBP...SLG
      (5 seasons).............Toronto/578/1944/540/99/.8/125/305/.278/.404/.530/
      (2 1/2 seasons)... San Deigo/388/1361/382/60/.6/..84/256/.280/.391/.519/
      (4 1/2 seasons)......Atlanta/636/2388/700/132/5/130/446/.293/.371/.516/
      (4 1/2 seasons)Tampa Bay/577/2074/603/102/1/.99./359/.291/.382/.484/
      (1 1/2 seasons)...Chicago/195/.693/191/..34/4/..42/144/.276/.363/.518/
      (1 season)...Los Angeles/..86/.297/74./.14./0/..13./.40/.249/.322/.428/

I would have to go with Atlanta assuming he does get in.
      Last edited by RedSoxVT92; 04-02-2006, 04:13 PM.
      go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

Originally posted by Go Bravos!!!#1
        Assuming Frad McGriff makes it into the Hall Of Fame, what team's uniform should he wear in?
        Isn't that a pretty big presumption?
        I didn't vote because I don't think he makes it!

Else, we could say, assuming Kurt Bevaqua, another well traveled player, makes it . . . . .

I am not saying that his multiple teams keeps him out, look at Gaylord.
        Nor am I saying he is of the same stature as Bevaqua, Fred is obviously better.
        I am just saying I don't think he makes it in, so I question speculating on his hat.
        He could go with no logo, should he make it. Catfish did!
        1968 and 1984, the greatest ever.

Comment

I am not sure he will get in, but if he does I wouldn't be shocked to see no team logo on his hat or jersey.
          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

I went with the Jays, but it was hard to decide between the Blue Jays and the Padres. He seemed to do the best with those 2 teams on the whole.

Comment

I will always think of "The Crime Dog" as a big slugger for the Blue Jays.

Comment

I'm curious as to why there is no support for McGriff as a Padre. And why there is such a strong Brave support.

Comment

Originally posted by dgarza
                  I'm curious as to why there is no support for McGriff as a Padre. And why there is such a strong Brave support.
                  Probably because he wasnt with the Padres as long as Atlanta and all together he has better stats with the Braves. That also includes a WS ring and a NL penate with Atlanta. But his career is pretty spread out between teams so its tough to decide assuming he does get in which im not sure he will.
                  go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

The test I gave myself for this one was just close my eyes and think of McGriff and whatever uniform I saw him in that was the one. I had to go with the Braves.

Comment

Fred Mcgriff- which hat?

Sounds like we have some huge Mcgriff fans. So, I pose to you what hat should he wear? My vote would go to the Padres.

Comment

Tough question. I have to say Blue Jay. Not long enough with the Pades.
                        46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

I have a bad feeling he's going to have trouble getting in. If and when, well...he did win a title in Atlanta.
                          3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

Comment

i think hell get in eventually.. his stats are almost identical to willie mccoveys.. in 3 less season he has only 28 less HRs, 5 less RBIs, 200+ more hits.. OBP, SLG and OPS are almost identical.. i just wish he would have hit just 7 more HRs to break 500..
                            his cap would be a toss up between the jays and the braves i believe.. im leaning more toward the braves since he was a major factor in the braves winning the world series and also a pennant the following year..

Comment

Originally posted by CROM
                              i think hell get in eventually.. his stats are almost identical to willie mccoveys.. in 3 less season he has only 28 less HRs, 5 less RBIs, 200+ more hits.. OBP, SLG and OPS are almost identical.. i just wish he would have hit just 7 more HRs to break 500..
                              his cap would be a toss up between the jays and the braves i believe.. im leaning more toward the braves since he was a major factor in the braves winning the world series and also a pennant the following year..
                              His raw stats are almost identical to McCovey's, but Fred played in higher offensive leagues than the McCovey.

OPS+
                              McCovey - 148
                              McGriff - 134

Relative slugging:
                              McCovey - 1.33
                              McGriff - 1.22

Relative OBP:
                              McCovey - 1.15
                              McGriff - 1.12

McGriff has nearly the raw homerun total of McCovey, but McCovey lead the league in HR's 3 times, and was in the top 10 in HR's 10 times. Compared to McGriff who lead the league in HR's twice and was in the top 10 7 times.

And even with McGriff playing in a more HR friendly era, McCovey beats him in AB/HR - 15.73 to 17.76.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X