• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pedrosrotatorcuff
    replied
    (+)
    Ray Schalk

I figure that, if only for consistency's sake, that if I have Mark Belanger in my personal Hall of Fame, then I should have his backstop equivalent as well.

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Originally posted by Nerdlinger View Post

Unfortunately, the limitations of the site imposed within the last couple years prevent me from posting everything in text-based tables on this site the way I used to. However, instead of working from the images, you can work from the spreadsheet linked in the OP. Also, if needed, you can request a list of who I have you down for so you can compare it with the post containing your ballot.
    I THINK my new corrections are all correct. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Nerdlinger
    replied
    Originally posted by Bothrops Atrox View Post
    Not sure what has already been done. I am going off of the Imgur site for the <75% guys.

Add: Jim O'Rourke, Don Sutton, Mookie Betts (futures), William Bell, Lonny Frey, Burleigh Grimes, Grant Johnson , Joe Kelley, Dick Lundy, Newt Allen, Dick Redding, Dobie Moore, Henry McNair, Quincy Trouppe, John Olerud, Billy Pierce, Jimmy Sheckard, Sammy Sosa,

Remove: Bobby Doerr, Pud Galvin, Goose Gossage, Willard Brown, Tommy Bridges, Charlie Buffinton, Ray Dadridge, Leon Day, Chuck Finley, Art Fletcher, Judy Johnson, Tony Mullane, Sam Rice, Joe Sewell, Brian McCann (futures),
    Unfortunately, the limitations of the site imposed within the last couple years prevent me from posting everything in text-based tables on this site the way I used to. However, instead of working from the images, you can work from the spreadsheet linked in the OP. Also, if needed, you can request a list of who I have you down for so you can compare it with the post containing your ballot.
    Last edited by Nerdlinger; 05-01-2021, 08:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Not sure what has already been done. I am going off of the Imgur site for the <75% guys.

Add: Jim O'Rourke, Don Sutton, Mookie Betts (futures), William Bell, Lonny Frey, Burleigh Grimes, Grant Johnson , Joe Kelley, Dick Lundy, Newt Allen, Dick Redding, Dobie Moore, Henry McNair, Quincy Trouppe, John Olerud, Billy Pierce, Jimmy Sheckard, Sammy Sosa,

Remove: Bobby Doerr, Pud Galvin, Goose Gossage, Willard Brown, Tommy Bridges, Charlie Buffinton, Ray Dadridge, Leon Day, Chuck Finley, Art Fletcher, Judy Johnson, Tony Mullane, Sam Rice, Joe Sewell, Brian McCann (futures),

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Originally posted by Jar of Flies View Post

Thanks for the update, Averill has been a tough one for me to pin down since the beginning, I forgot about fully incorporating his ballpark advantages, so he might not be an in forever guy, but his PCL time gets him over the hump. It'll be fun on the next update to see if he stays in.

Say it ain't so on Ruffing and Posey getting dumped , hopefully Buster has a comeback campaign and moves back in to your futures!
    Yeah - I personally see no possible way of excluding Posey if framing is included or Ruffing if his bat is included. PARCS-D has both pretty easily over the line.

Leave a comment:

• Jar of Flies
    replied
    Originally posted by Nerdlinger View Post
    Hi all -- I finally managed to gather all the data and update the OP. While there were a significant number of changes to individual ballots since the last time I updated (over a year ago), the only change to the HOF here is that Earl Averill has made it in. This is his 6th time being voted in. The Hall of Honor stayed the same. Thanks to all for your patience and your participation here!

As for my ballot, I added Earl Averill and Stan Hack to my Hall; moved Mark Buehrle and Tim Hudson into my Hall from my Futures list; removed Ralph Kiner, Ernie Lombardi, and Red Ruffing from my Hall; added Nolan Arenado, Jacob deGrom, and Giancarlo Stanton to my Futures list; removed Ryan Braun and Buster Posey from my Futures list; and added Ralph Houk and Al Lopez to my Contributors list.
    Thanks for the update, Averill has been a tough one for me to pin down since the beginning, I forgot about fully incorporating his ballpark advantages, so he might not be an in forever guy, but his PCL time gets him over the hump. It'll be fun on the next update to see if he stays in.

Say it ain't so on Ruffing and Posey getting dumped , hopefully Buster has a comeback campaign and moves back in to your futures!

Leave a comment:

• Nerdlinger
    replied
    Hi all -- I finally managed to gather all the data and update the OP. While there were a significant number of changes to individual ballots since the last time I updated (over a year ago), the only change to the HOF here is that Earl Averill has made it in. This is his 6th time being voted in. The Hall of Honor stayed the same. Thanks to all for your patience and your participation here!

As for my ballot, I added Earl Averill and Stan Hack to my Hall; moved Mark Buehrle and Tim Hudson into my Hall from my Futures list; removed Ralph Kiner, Ernie Lombardi, and Red Ruffing from my Hall; added Nolan Arenado, Jacob deGrom, and Giancarlo Stanton to my Futures list; removed Ryan Braun and Buster Posey from my Futures list; and added Ralph Houk and Al Lopez to my Contributors list.
    Last edited by Nerdlinger; 04-07-2021, 07:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jar of Flies
    replied
    I need to update my main post, but sharing this in case Nerdlinger is waiting on me for the official 2021 update.

In: Newt Allen, Earl Averill, Ray Brown, Bob Caruthers, Ron Cey, Art Fletcher, Bill Freehan, Clark Griffith (Honor), Dolf Luque (Honor), Dick Lundy (Honor), Jim Sundberg
    Out to Honor: Kiki Cuyler, Dizzy Dean, Rube Foster, Charley Jones, Bob Lemon, Ben Taylor
    Out: Sam Bankhead, Cupid Childs, Bus Clarkson, George Gore, Dale Murphy
    Upcoming: Mookie Betts, Cole Hamels
    Last edited by Jar of Flies; 03-08-2021, 05:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jar of Flies
    replied
    Originally posted by Chadwick View Post
    I doubt it. Too many make-or-break rounds still ahead. The rules clarification - exactly 10 pitchers - raises additional concerns for me in those last rounds. Yeesh. Frankly, I think most of us are sitting right about the same: a hair's breadth of difference between us with the tension and drama increasing every letter we get closer to the end.

This has been a surprisingly fun and (especially) challenging type of draft. As nervous as I've been about my own picks and as surprised as I've been about some of the others,.....holy cow has it been a wild ride.

As for Luque, I was swayed by the HOME's write-up on his pre-MLB career. He was already borderline for me before that. Don't know why I didn't include him in my last PHOF update. That's been remedied.
    BA's PARC-d shows a favorable light as well...Dolph was my first pick for pitchers at my turn but it was so hard passing on Barry Larkin.
    Luque can fill in if your manager gets tossed arguing balls and strikes too

Leave a comment:

• Chadwick
    replied
    Originally posted by Jar of Flies View Post

Love it!

And great pick in the league we are doing, I'm thinking you are sitting in the pole position at this stage?!
    I doubt it. Too many make-or-break rounds still ahead. The rules clarification - exactly 10 pitchers - raises additional concerns for me in those last rounds. Yeesh. Frankly, I think most of us are sitting right about the same: a hair's breadth of difference between us with the tension and drama increasing every letter we get closer to the end.

This has been a surprisingly fun and (especially) challenging type of draft. As nervous as I've been about my own picks and as surprised as I've been about some of the others,.....holy cow has it been a wild ride.

As for Luque, I was swayed by the HOME's write-up on his pre-MLB career. He was already borderline for me before that. Don't know why I didn't include him in my last PHOF update. That's been remedied.

Leave a comment:

• Jar of Flies
    replied
    Originally posted by Chadwick View Post
    Please add Dolph Luque to my PHOF.
    Love it!

And great pick in the league we are doing, I'm thinking you are sitting in the pole position at this stage?!

Leave a comment:

• Chadwick
    replied
    Please add Dolph Luque to my PHOF.

Leave a comment:

• Stieb37
    replied
    Please add Toby Harrah. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• jjpm74
    replied
    Add:

Bruce Sutter, Joe Nathan

Add to futures:

Chris Sale
    Last edited by jjpm74; 12-16-2020, 02:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Add Stan Hack and Bob Johnson

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X