Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Griffey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post
    The only question is, will he go in as a Mariner or a Red? I hope Mariner!
    The answer is: he will be going into the Hall of Fame as a Mariner! (With his hat facing forward lol.)

    :gt

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post
      The answer is: he will be going into the Hall of Fame as a Mariner! (With his hat facing forward lol.)

      :gt
      I'm amazed how the Mariners keep pumping out HOF-caliber players. I know Griffey will be the first after 40 years, but with Ichiro and Felix in the future, possibly Edgar, and what was once a legit case for Johnson and A-Rod, that's a lot of greatness in a short amount of time.

      Comment


      • Yeah but fat lot of good it did them. No World Series Championships or even appearances to show for it.

        In a perfect world what would have happened was The Big Unit would have stayed in Seattle right through the early to mid 2000s period of dominance in his career, Griffey would have stayed in Seattle and not gone through a period of decline/injuries, etc. etc. Imagine that 2001 team with a The Big Unit and Griffey one the team playing at the peak of their abilities.

        But those are things we can't change. They run through the fingers like the sands of time.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by julusnc View Post
          It kills me to see people not talk about Ken Griffey Jr anymore.His career is fantastic so far.He combined skill and ability.

          Also I believe Griffey Jr to be steriod free. Thoughts?
          I assume most of his teammates used PEDs, and why wouldn't they?
          The Ultimate Baseball Look

          Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post
            Yeah but fat lot of good it did them. No World Series Championships or even appearances to show for it.

            In a perfect world what would have happened was The Big Unit would have stayed in Seattle right through the early to mid 2000s period of dominance in his career, Griffey would have stayed in Seattle and not gone through a period of decline/injuries, etc. etc. Imagine that 2001 team with a The Big Unit and Griffey one the team playing at the peak of their abilities.

            But those are things we can't change. They run through the fingers like the sands of time.
            What about A-Rod?

            1. Ichiro
            2. A-Rod
            3. Griffey
            4. Edgar
            5. Boone
            6. Olerud
            I don't know who played SS, 3B, C & LF.

            1. Big Unit
            2. Moyer
            3. Garcia
            4. Pineiro(?)

            CL - Sasaki
            "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
              I assume most of his teammates used PEDs, and why wouldn't they?
              They don't want to cheat? They don't want to run the risk of dying prematurely?
              Last edited by Los Bravos; 01-14-2016, 08:41 PM.
              3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Los Bravos View Post
                They don't want to cheat? They don't want to run the risk of dying prematurely?
                We're going in circles. How is it cheating? Where's your proof of people dying prematurely?
                The Ultimate Baseball Look

                Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

                Comment


                • Mariners honor Griffey: The Mariners honor Hall of Fame electee Ken Griffey Jr. prior to their home opener

                  http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/1628592...lectee-griffey

                  Comment

                  Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X