No announcement yet.

Griffey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well projections or no it looks as if it's pretty much cut and dry 27-0. Nice to know we all agree on something. Ken Griffey Jr is a future HOFer.
    My dream ballpark dimensions
    LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
    RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
    Location....San Diego

Comment

If Griffey makes it, we're going to have to elect Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb.

Not sure about Musial and Williams though..They didn't quite reach Sockeye's predictions.
      My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
      2. Barry Bonds
      3. Ty Cobb
      4. Ted Williams
      5. Willie Mays
      6. Alex Rodriguez
      7. Hank Aaron
      8. Honus Wagner
      9. Lou Gehrig
      10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by Sockeye
        He's 36 and in his 18th season. I would like to get some thoughts on his career thus far and if possible some insight on where you think his career totals will end up? I know this calls for a lot of speculation. So I'll be the first to throw some projections out there.

I think he could very well end up with

Games 2750
        At-Bats 10,184
        Runs 1818
        Hits 2981
        Doubles 556
        Triples 46
        Home Runs 693
        RBI's 1987
        Stolen Bases 230
        Walks 1343
        AVG .293
        OBP .377
        SLG .561
        The Cinci Fans can't wait for the 700th hundred HR .
        After Bonds retires , Jr. will surpass Bonds and the Babe in HR totals ( If he stays healthy , wich is not a sure fact )

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
          Reds fans would love seeing this thread, considering Griffey has not been healthy enough to post those numbers on a consistent basis since he was traded, with 2000 and 2005 being exceptions.
          As a Reds fan, I'll personally kiss Sockeye's butt if he makes those numbers. Of course...if he comes anywhere close to that, the Reds will trade him for a bucket of used batting practice balls come this July, so the question is moot for Reds fans.

If Griffey loses a little pride and accepts a move to 1B like he should, he could very well hit another 100+ HR. But he needs to realize that the constant running/stopping in CF is killing his legs.

Comment

Originally posted by whosyourpapi
            The Cinci Fans can't wait for the 700th hundred HR .
            After Bonds retires , Jr. will surpass Bonds and the Babe in HR totals ( If he stays healthy , wich is not a sure fact )
            Sorry but I can't see Griffey Jr reaching 700 home runs. Good thing he doesn't need to to make the HOF.
            My dream ballpark dimensions
            LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
            RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
            Location....San Diego

Comment

Originally posted by GiambiJuice
              If Griffey makes it, we're going to have to elect Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb.

Not sure about Musial and Williams though..They didn't quite reach Sockeye's predictions.
              Yeah...I'm pretty sure that Musial won't make it 'cause he's not as popular as Joe Dimaggio. I'm on the fence with Williams, though...

Comment

The issue isn't Griffey's place in the HOF; he's a first ballot cinch. The issue is his place in baseball history.

Ten years ago, it looked like Griffey may have ended up in the inner circle pantheon of baseball stars. He, not Bonds, was going to pass Babe and Hammerin' Hank. That's not going to happen now; he's not going to be the first 800 HR guy, and that was very possible for him 10 years ago.

It's obvious now that Griffey should NEVER have left Seattle; his health went South when he came to Cincinnati, a team with a terrible health record for its outfielders.
                "I do not care if half the league strikes. Those who do it will encounter quick retribution. All will be suspended and I don't care if it wrecks the National League for five years. This is the United States of America and one citizen has as much right to play as another. The National League will go down the line with Robinson whatever the consequences. You will find if you go through with your intention that you have been guilty of complete madness."

NL President Ford Frick, 1947

Comment

Griffey's in. If not first ballot then second.
                  Yankees '09

Arod, CC, AJ, DJ and Tex

Comment

First-ballot HOFer is Junior Griffey.

I'm enjoying watching him this year. He's made some great catches and hit some key homers for the no-longer-fecolithic Reds. Good stuff!

Comment

I was at the game two days ago. Grifffey lept up into the air and made an increible diving catch. My first thoughts? PLEASE STAND UP!
                      he did luckily....

But the point is, Ken Griffey Junior has so much effort, he can't help but injure himself because he tries as hard as when he was a 25 year ol, but has a SLIGHTLY older body.

I'm really on the line here with his HOF induction. You know, his defense is overrated. He never was really THAT great. And his home run numbers are nothing, especially compared to his very legit contemporaries. I mean, if Barry Bonds can hit 73, why can't Griffey? The case for his induction just isn't very strong. Look at players similar to him. Willie Mays, who we all know only got in for making that "Catch". He's not even the best left handed. left-hitting, outfield born in a small town of Donora on Pennsylvania on November 11th. C'mon, if you can't be the best person born in your hometown, you can't be in the fame. Not to mention my own bias, because let's be honest, Ken Griffey Junior is such a JERK. NO WAY HE GETS INTO THE HOF!
                      :atthepc

i enjoy smileys...

Comment

Originally posted by justice22
                        I was at the game two days ago. Grifffey lept up into the air and made an increible diving catch. My first thoughts? PLEASE STAND UP!
                        he did luckily....

But the point is, Ken Griffey Junior has so much effort, he can't help but injure himself because he tries as hard as when he was a 25 year ol, but has a SLIGHTLY older body.

I'm really on the line here with his HOF induction. You know, his defense is overrated. He never was really THAT great. And his home run numbers are nothing, especially compared to his very legit contemporaries. I mean, if Barry Bonds can hit 73, why can't Griffey? The case for his induction just isn't very strong. Look at players similar to him. Willie Mays, who we all know only got in for making that "Catch". He's not even the best left handed. left-hitting, outfield born in a small town of Donora on Pennsylvania on November 11th. C'mon, if you can't be the best person born in your hometown, you can't be in the fame. Not to mention my own bias, because let's be honest, Ken Griffey Junior is such a JERK. NO WAY HE GETS INTO THE HOF!
                        This is some of the finest sarcasm I've yet seen on this site. Nice job.
                        Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                        Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                        Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                        Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

he did luckily....

I really hope that is sarcasm...

Comment

he did luckily....

Yeah, I really hope this is sarcasm!

Comment

Yeah, I really hope it's sarcasm. Next...
                              smoker

Comment

Not to mention my own bias, because let's be honest, Ken Griffey Junior is such a JERK. NO WAY HE GETS INTO THE HOF!
                                I can only imagine your opinion on Barry Bonds.
                                "I do not care if half the league strikes. Those who do it will encounter quick retribution. All will be suspended and I don't care if it wrecks the National League for five years. This is the United States of America and one citizen has as much right to play as another. The National League will go down the line with Robinson whatever the consequences. You will find if you go through with your intention that you have been guilty of complete madness."

NL President Ford Frick, 1947

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X