No announcement yet.

Griffey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, just to remove any doubt, everything i said there was sarcastic. but he does frustrate me. as a cincinnati fan, i remember in 2000 hearing that Griffey was coming to cincinnati. i was blown away. but then, injuries came along, and now, its kinda a drag. oh well, he's such a nice guy. once i saw him at my favorite chinese resteraunt, and he was siging a bunch of autographs when he could've been eating. he's a nice guy, just a wee bit too fragile.
    :atthepc

i enjoy smileys...

Comment

Originally posted by justice22
      yeah, just to remove any doubt, everything i said there was sarcastic. but he does frustrate me. as a cincinnati fan, i remember in 2000 hearing that Griffey was coming to cincinnati. i was blown away. but then, injuries came along, and now, its kinda a drag. oh well, he's such a nice guy. once i saw him at my favorite chinese resteraunt, and he was siging a bunch of autographs when he could've been eating. he's a nice guy, just a wee bit too fragile.
      I'm sorry I kind of blew your cover.
      I hear you loud and clear. I only am able to attend a handful of Reds games a year, and it seemed like every time I was in Cincinnati to catch a game since he joined the team, he went deep, including that extra-inning thriller against the Dodgers a few years back where he won it in the 12th. It is frustrating, because hopes were so high at the time.
      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Yes, he's had some hard luck since coming to the Reds, but I don't think playing in Seattle would necessarily have been any better. He's getting older, and once those legs start to go...He's a gamer, and a guy you can genuinely root for without the aid of hometown bias. He probably won't pass Willie Mays on the career homer list, but he's already well past him in park-adjusted salary earnings, and that is something that HOF voters MUST take into consideration. That, coupled with his impeccable hygiene, puts him in great company.
        smoker

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond
          Is someone forgetting 2001-2004?
          I hardly think that four down years merits not getting into the hall of fame....in the 90's and late 80's Griffey Jr. was a force, and next to Bonds probably the best player of the 90's he had it all, defense, speed, and a bat to match. No way he doenst get into the hall of fame.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Gomes
            I hardly think that four down years merits not getting into the hall of fame....in the 90's and late 80's Griffey Jr. was a force, and next to Bonds probably the best player of the 90's he had it all, defense, speed, and a bat to match. No way he doesn't get into the hall of fame.
            I don't think he was saying that. He was saying you can't project Griffey to have four or five completely healthy seasons to close out his career when he's hardly played four of the last six years.
            Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
            Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
            Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
            Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
            Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Yes, he'll obviously make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockeye
                Well projections or no it looks as if it's pretty much cut and dry 27-0. Nice to know we all agree on something. Ken Griffey Jr is a future HOFer.
                And you seriously needed to waste everyones time with this thread to figure that out?

Comment

I voted no just to break up the monotony.

This thread is retarded.

Comment

I voted yes (of course). The only question is, will he go in as a Mariner or a Red? I hope Mariner!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big C
                      I voted no just to break up the monotony.

This thread is retarded.
                      Good, I plan to keeping posting them until I get a unanimous one. This could have been the last one but that no vote will get it going. Nice job
                      My dream ballpark dimensions
                      LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
                      RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
                      Location....San Diego

Comment

• Originally posted by Fuzzy Bear
                        It's obvious now that Griffey should NEVER have left Seattle; his health went South when he came to Cincinnati, a team with a terrible health record for its outfielders.
                        Maybe he can come back to Seattle next season and play ten more years as the DH!

Comment

• Ask about Ty Cobb then. The first man in the HoF might get a unanimous vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big C
                            Ask about Ty Cobb then. The first man in the HoF might get a unanimous vote.
                            I think it speaks volumes that a guy who was contending with everyone who had ever played baseball nearly got the highest percentage of votes of anyone ever inducted to the HOF (yes, Seaver's % was higher). Almost all of the voters were lucky enough to see him in action during his glorious career, and realized they had to give the devil his due (not too many votes were borne of cronyism there). He was just that nonpareil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sockeye
                              Good, I plan to keeping posting them until I get a unanimous one. This could have been the last one but that no vote will get it going. Nice job
                              Guys, can we just ALL agree to make the next one unanimous NO MATTER WHAT?
                              Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                              Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

• There's no need 2 ask, he's a no-brainer. But I dont think he'll get that many HRs coz of injuries. My prediction is 649

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X