No announcement yet.

BBF Mets franchise HOF second chance round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlike Cooperstown, I don't intend to let my mistakes become excuses for more mistakes.
    Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
    Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
    A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by jalbright View Post
      Unlike Cooperstown, I don't intend to let my mistakes become excuses for more mistakes.
      If you want to make more work for yourself, go for it. I was just stating a fact that there have been several (not one) instance of a contributor being elected/voted for who wasn't technically eligible in this project. I was never a fan of being able to elect current managers of a given franchise for that exact reason, but I digress.

Comment

Originally posted by dgarza View Post
        2nd most Mets Stolen Bases
        Code:

Rk              Player  SB    G From
        1           Jose Reyes 370 1050 2003
        2        Mookie Wilson 281 1116 1980
        3       Howard Johnson 202 1154 1985
        4    Darryl Strawberry 191 1109 1983
        5         David Wright 156 1158 2004
        Anyway to disable that weird phone link?

Comment

Lindsey Nelson

In 1962, Nelson was hired by the Mets, and for the next 17 seasons did both radio and television with Ralph Kiner and Bob Murphy.

Ford Frick Award in 1988.

Comment

Anyway to disable that weird phone link?
            I don't know what you're referring to. If you can clarify that for me, I'll see what the issue is and try and figure out an appropriate response.
            A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by jalbright View Post
              I don't know what you're referring to. If you can clarify that for me, I'll see what the issue is and try and figure out an appropriate response.
              I think it depends on your computer setup. It seems that since I have Skype installed, the numbers after David Wright's name are assumed to be a phone number and a hot-link "button" is created instead of displaying it as stats. If you do not have Skype installed on your computer, you may not see it. But others with Skype might see it.

Comment

I think it depends on your computer setup. It seems that since I have Skype installed, the numbers after David Wright's name are assumed to be a phone number and a hot-link "button" is created instead of displaying it as stats. If you do not have Skype installed on your computer, you may not see it. But others with Skype might see it.
                There is no way to disable that feature on this format of message board. You would have to disable hotlinking via Skype to lose that feature.

Comment

I have Skype installed, but don't hotlink and don't see what you're talking about.

Comment

thisPhone button.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
                      There is no way to disable that feature on this format of message board. You would have to disable hotlinking via Skype to lose that feature.
                      But then it's strange that I would have never seen this before.

Comment

this[ATTACH]109581[/ATTACH]
                        If you want to follow up on this, I'd suggest contacting the webmaster or at least the Administrators. If you need their PM addresses, PM me and I'll get them for you.

Comment

Jerry Grote

All-Star Games
                          1968 (C)
                          1974 *

Putouts as C
                          1970 NL 855 (1st)
                          1971 NL 892 (1st)

Total Zone Runs as C
                          1969 NL 11 (1st)

Range Factor/9Inn as C
                          1970 NL 7.62 (1st)
                          1971 NL 8.05 (1st)
                          1973 NL 7.62 (1st)
                          1975 NL 7.25 (1st)
                          1976 NL 7.62 (1st)

Range Factor/Game as C
                          1968 NL 7.08 (1st)
                          1970 NL 7.21 (1st)
                          1971 NL 7.65 (1st)
                          1973 NL 7.15 (1st)
                          1975 NL 6.86 (1st)
                          1976 NL 7.01 (1st)

Fielding % as C
                          1975 NL .995 (1st)

He is a member of the Mets Hall of Fame.

Comment

Jesse Orosco
                            133 ERA+
                            107 Saves

All-Star Games
                            1983 *

Comment

Nominations are now closed.

Comment

We have about 16 hours left in this election as I type this. Last call for votes!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X