The 2013 HoF Ballot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J W View Post
    So what do you think are the chances the "Killer B"s, Biggio and Bagwell are inducted in the same year? That could be an interesting ceremony.
    I suggested that to someone a couple of days ago. Personally, I think that would be kind of cool.
    3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

Comment

Originally posted by leecemark View Post
      --If Bonds and Clemens don't make the Hall then the place ceases to represent the best players of all time. I have no doubt they used steroids, but I also believe that steroid use was so prevelent in their era that steroid users will be inducted - even if unknowingly - unless an entire generation is boycotted. I'd probably pass on a borderline guy who was a confirmed user, but Bonds and Clemens clear the line twice over. Like Cougar though I find steroid discussions boring and unpleasant so this is all I'll have to say on the subject.
      --Piazza is another inner circle guy, Biggio is a no brainer, Schilling and Sosa have solid cases and Lofton at least deserves discussion (although I doubt he gets much of one on such a deep ballot and he wouldn't make my 10).
      The HOF ceased to be relevant a while back, anyway. Obviouisly this a thread about steroids, because who can doubt Barry Bonds qualifications, based on his performance?

I also try to stay away from the steroid threads too. I just get angry at the fingerpointing, handwringing, and hypocracy. It's just a freaking kangaroo court, just like the voting will be when these hypocrites exclude Bonds from the hall. How far we have come from the lovefest of 1998.
      Last edited by JR Hart; 08-21-2012, 09:42 PM.
      This week's Giant

#5 in games played as a Giant with 1721 , Bill Terry

Comment

1. Barry Bonds
        2. Sammy Sosa
        3. Roger Clemens

Comment

Originally posted by JR Hart View Post
          The HOF ceased to be relevant a while back, anyway. Obviouisly this a thread about steroids, because who can doubt Barry Bonds qualifications, based on his performance?

I also try to stay away from the steroid threads too. I just get angry at the fingerpointing, handwringing, and hypocracy. It's just a freaking kangaroo court, just like the voting will be when these hypocrites exclude Bonds from the hall. How far we have come from the lovefest of 1998.
          How is it hypocrisy? The rumors were no way near as rampant as they were in 1998. It's like getting mad because someone is no longer supportive of a person even though they thought he was a nice guy "before all those murders".
          Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
          Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
          Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
          Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
          Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by JR Hart View Post

I completerly agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by leecemark View Post
              --If Bonds and Clemens don't make the Hall then the place ceases to represent the best players of all time. I have no doubt they used steroids, but I also believe that steroid use was so prevelent in their era that steroid users will be inducted - even if unknowingly - unless an entire generation is boycotted. I'd probably pass on a borderline guy who was a confirmed user, but Bonds and Clemens clear the line twice over. Like Cougar though I find steroid discussions boring and unpleasant so this is all I'll have to say on the subject.
              --Piazza is another inner circle guy, Biggio is a no brainer, Schilling and Sosa have solid cases and Lofton at least deserves discussion (although I doubt he gets much of one on such a deep ballot and he wouldn't make my 10).
              AMEN!!! I agree with you.
              "I am not too serious about anything. I believe you have to enjoy yourself to get the most out of your ability."-
              George Brett

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X