No announcement yet.

The BBF HoF All-Timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another problem the Hydra could have caused is keeping players out of the hall for example in "1925" election Cal McVey got 14 out of 19 votes (73.7%) if the hydra kept him of both ballots he would have got elected 14 out of 18 votes (77.8)

Comment

• Originally posted by yest
      another problem the Hydra could have caused is keeping players out of the hall for example in "1925" election Cal McVey got 14 out of 19 votes (73.7%) if the hydra kept him of both ballots he would have got elected 14 out of 18 votes (77.8)
      This is where he had the greatest potential to do damage, since every vote omitting a player needs three to counteract it. Fortunately, I found few such cases other than Buck O'Neill in the BBF HOF project.

Jim Albright
      Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
      Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
      A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by jalbright
        This is where he had the greatest potential to do damage, since every vote omitting a player needs three to counteract it. Fortunately, I found few such cases other than Buck O'Neill in the BBF HOF project.

Jim Albright
        Luckily, player, etc. do not drop off after a certain number of years in the BBF HOF project. I wich McVey would have made it...

Comment

• right; for the BBFHOF there's always next time... whereas eligibility runs out in the All-Timeline.

The, er, Hydra did not really keep anyone substantial out in this project. Most of the ballots that came from those 5 monikers were a full ten every year.

I can say that John McGraw would not have made it in his last attempt without those votes.
          http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...-showalter.gif

Comment

• I'm conducting a poll on whether or not to leave this thread stickied or move it to the Introduction/Resources thread. The poll also asks the same question about the monthly voting thread, the monthly HOF voting thread, and the Albright's musings thread. If there's no response, I'll leave things the way they are.

I intend to give Timeline voters greater say about their thread, and HOF voters greater say on their two threads. If you don't care, don't vote. If you do, please cast your ballot in this thread: Leave threads Sticky or move them to Intro/Resource thread

Thanks.

Jim Albright
            Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
            Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
            A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

• Well, it looks like there's not enough support to continue with the project. Thanks to those who PMed me with support.

And, thanks everyone who took time to participate, any year from 1901 to 1933. As Mark said, if anything we got a very good look at the early years of baseball. The final results will be available on page one. I hope many of you will continue interest for the next project I conjure up, whenever that may be. :gt

If there's anything you'd like me to help out with regarding the BBFHOF Jim, send me a PM. I know you do a lot of work/analysis for it. Meanwhile, you can go ahead and put the All-Timeline on your reference list.

The End,
              -JW
              http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...-showalter.gif

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X