If You Could Add Person in the Hall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Could Add Person in the Hall?

If you could add to the Hall of Fame who is not currently in, who would it be? My vote would be for Ron Santo.

Ron Santo or Vern Stephens

Comment

Probably Dick Allen or Bert Blyleven.

Comment

Santo, not only because of his playing career, but also his years as an announcer and his declining health.

Comment

Yeah, it's really gotta be Santo.
          "Hall of Famer Whitey Ford now on the field... pleading with the crowd for, for some kind of sanity!"

Comment

Definitely Sherry Magee for position players, Carl Mays for pitchers.
            "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

players added

Santo, or Alan Trammel..both had long careers-with good stats..
              just as good as Ozzie or that Pirate 2nd baseman from the 50's
              and 60's, who's name escapes me at the moment...

There's certainly some players out there on the cusp.

Comment

2 relief pitchers that should be in - Goose Gossage and Bruce Sutter.
                Red, it took me 16 years to get here. Play me, and you'll get the best I got.

Comment

If it was only 1 player, I'd add Santo. If more, i'd go with a few more 3rd-basemen (Boyer and Hack). Then I'd move onto other positions.
                  AL East Champions: 1981 1982
                  AL Pennant: 1982
                  NL Central Champions: 2011
                  NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

Peter Edward Rose, Sr. aka: Charlie Hustle
                    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
                    Strike 3 Forums/NFL Forums

Comment

(Ron Santo)
                      A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

My hero as a kid, Kenny Boyer. Helluva player for about a 10 yr. period. After winning MVP in 64 career declined dramatically.

The other would be Santo, another terrific 3B from that era.
                        It Might Be? It Could Be?? It Is!

Comment

The ageless wonder, Minnie Minoso.

Comment

Originally posted by 64Cards
                            My hero as a kid, Kenny Boyer. Helluva player for about a 10 yr. period. After winning MVP in 64 career declined dramatically.

The other would be Santo, another terrific 3B from that era.
                            I'll second that. Boyer was also my boyhood hero.

Comment

Originally posted by skeletor
                              Santo, or Alan Trammel..both had long careers-with good stats..
                              just as good as Ozzie or that Pirate 2nd baseman from the 50's
                              and 60's, who's name escapes me at the moment...

There's certainly some players out there on the cusp.
                              the name of that pirates second baseman is bill mazeroski, in case you didnt find out by now
                              I think, therefore I love the Dodgers.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X