2013 Best of Baseball Project election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Best of Baseball Project election

I plan on starting the election in this project on Saturday, November 2 and letting it run until Saturday November 30. The new list of player candidates I have is:

Alomar , Roberto
    Bagwell , Jeff
    Kent, Jeff
    Knoblauch , Chuck
    Mussina, Mike
    Olerud , John
    Piazza , Mike
    Sosa , Sammy
    Williams , Bernie

The new group of contributor candidates I have is:

Mazzone , Leo
    Okrent , Dan

Since we will elect two and possibly three candidates (if the third place finisher also gets mentioned by at least 75% of the voters), it would appear that the new candidates will dominate on the player side.

I do not want to start the balloting yet, in the event someone comes up with any candidates I am missing in the list above.
    Last edited by jalbright; 10-30-2013, 11:57 AM.
    Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
    Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
    A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

My top twelve player list has a lot of new candidates and also is redone as this is the first time my new rating system has been applied to this project.

1. Mike Piazza
    2. Jeff Bagwell
    3. Mike Mussina
    4. Kenny Lofton
    5. Yutaka Enatsu
    6. Roberto Alomar
    7. Chino Smith
    8. Jim Edmonds
    9. Sammy Sosa
    10. Sal Bando
    11. Graig Nettles
    12. Bus Clarkson
    A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

This is our seventy-eighth election in this project, and the second on an annual basis. The entire rules follow.

This election will end at 7 AM EDT on November 30, 2012

The prior election, and the ballots of the 2012 voters, are in this thread

Comment

1) Users in good standing may participate, provided they have not been banned from multiple projects in this forum. Anyone who has been told his or her votes will not count in more than one project in this forum will not have his or her vote counted unless he or she applies to the project manager for the right to vote and gets that request granted. However, if there is more than one vote being cast from any one computer or IP, it must be cleared in advance. Should there be unannounced multiple votes from the same IP, I will investigate the circumstances, and all user names involved may be barred from this project as a result, and all but one of the multiple usernames permanently banned from the site. I only anticipate exceptions for family members living in the same home, but I will entertain requests on other bases. Please note that I and the other mods who participate in the project have the capability of determining the IP from which posts come, and I for one intend to monitor same. I have had to deal with a single user manipulating a project with multiple votes, and I don't intend to repeat the experience.

2) Elections will require a six(6) voter quorum. If we do not get six voters and there are candidate(s) who would be elected no matter what the voters needed to make a quorum did, those candidate(s) will be inducted. Otherwise, no one will be inducted. Further, if we fail to elect a full complement of candidates for the ballot in question in two of any four consecutive elections, the portion(s) of the project failing to meet the election requirement will end. If, for instance, we're doing fine on the player end but not the contributor end, I would drop the contributor end under this rule.

3) We will start in 1936, just as Cooperstown did. For the first election (1936), voters will rank their top 20, taking 10. After that we will go to having voters rank their top 12 players. Points awarded 12-11-10, etc. We will take the top five through 1940, then top three players per year elected until 2010, then two per year are guaranteed, and we can take the third place finisher if he also gets named on 75% of the ballots. If a voter does not number his selections, I will try to get him/her to do so. If they do not do so before the end of the election period, I may in my sole discretion invalidate the ballot. I have included this provision in order to ease the process of recording the votes. On another point, I know, the 1936 backlog is huge--but that was a historical issue they couldn't avoid, so neither will we.

4) We will also have a contributor ballot, which will elect one a year through 1985, then one every three (3) years. Contributors will be ranked 1 through 5, with points awarded 5-4-3-2-1. Voters may choose to participate in either one of the ballots or both.

5) It is permissible to vote for a candidate on both the contributor and player lists.

6) You are allowed to change your ballot at any time the voting is open. However, if you change your ballot, you've got to notify me (jalbright) by PM or by a new post in the voting thread, or the changes likely will not be registered.

7) Players are eligible at the later of age 45 or the first year thereafter in which the player does not play. If the birthdate is not known, add five years to the first time the player misses a season and has less than 10 games the next season. There is an exception for early death, in which case the year of death plus two will be used if that yields an earlier date.

8) Contributors become eligible at age 65 or in the year of death plus two. whichever comes first.

9) Each election will run for approximately two weeks unless expressly altered by the project manager, contributors and players done simultaneously.

10) No one is excluded from being a candidate, regardless of the league they played in, except those elected in either the contributor or player ballots. At that point, they are removed from further consideration. If there are players who returned to the Negro Leagues or Japan after going to the majors, the departure from the majors will be their career end date for purposes of this project.

11) The standard for including a player on one's ballot is that the player must in the voter's opinion be among the very best eligible players (preferably the number voted on, but if a voter wishes to support someone they feel is 15th in a 12 person ballot instead of one of the top 12, it's too close for anyone to reasonably object. On the other hand, supporting the 25th best eligible candidate on a 12 person ballot is probably beyond the pale). I reserve the power to invalidate ballots which I do not feel are a reasonably knowledgeable, good faith effort to rank the players. One issue I am quite concerned about is that I do not want to see what clearly appear to be attempts to manipulate the ballot so as to elect a candidate. In isolation, I probably could live with this, but if it became a widely used tactic, the project would devolve into something I have no desire to be associated with. Moreover, I think that this position asks everyone else to cast legitimate votes so that you can manipulate the system to favor your pet candidates. I cannot accept that, as it strikes me as unfair to other voters. For example, you can't expect to favor even a legitimate HOF candidate like Bill Dahlen over Babe Ruth to get Dahlen elected without being asked to provide a reasonable justification for ranking Dahlen over Ruth. If you can provide a reasonable justification in that scenario, the ballot will stand. If not, you will be asked to make a change. I realize voters will sometimes have idiosyncratic choices, and I try to allow for that. However, a clear flouting of a consensus is apt to be met with a request that the ballot be justified pursuant to this rule. Certainly, a reasonable justification does not indicate in essence simply that you want Dahlen elected. Furthermore, if I invalidate multiple ballots by the same individual as failing to meet this rule, that individual will forever lose the right to have his/her ballots counted. Voters are encouraged to consider character, sportsmanship, and compliance with the rules and spirit of baseball in their rankings of players.

12) I will post lists of eligible players and contributors before each election. If you have a question about the eligibility of a candidate, please ask. I will provide a list of future eligibility dates as well.

13) My eligibility lists come from all persons in the BBF HOF, BBTF Hall of Merit, and Cooperstown, plus all persons getting a vote in a BBF HOF election in the past year and a half or in a BBWAA election. This is a relatively comprehensive list, and thus I must request that if you want another candidate included, you provide some justification for why said candidate is worthy of getting a vote in this project. The main area I think this might come into play is if a voter supports a person who was eligible for the final selections from the recent pre WWII or Negro League committees but not on my master list. That fact alone would serve as ample justification for putting said candidate on the list. We may learn more about Cuban ball or what have you and thus include others after a case is made for them, however. The contributor list is undoubtedly not as comprehensive, and this fact will be taken into consideration. For players, any request for a multiple time all-star in the all-star era will be approved. Players of that quality will generally be approved without much ado. However, when a player lacks that kind of qualification, I will likely ask for you to get a second from among our voters via a post in the current election thread. When in doubt, I will also require a second for suggested contributors. If a second is forthcoming, the player will be added. If not, the request will be rejected. I want to limit requests and seconds to players or contributors you actually might vote for.

14) Other than the sportsmanship and character issues, players are to be evaluated solely upon their play. I would prefer that if a player is qualified by his play standing alone that he be elected on that basis. However, a candidate may only be elected either as a contributor or a player, but not both. Contributors are the area where the entire body of work during his career in the sport, including his play, managing, scouting, executive, writing, broadcasting or other work in the sport is relevant. Contributors are to be ranked based on who the voter thinks is most worthy of induction into the Contributor group in this project.

15) Any ballot with two (2) or more spots unfilled with eligible candidates is invalid. In the event of the listing of ineligible names, I will try to notify the voter so that he/she can correct the ballot before the end of the voting period. If the change is made timely, it will count. If not, and there are two or more invalid names, the ballot will not be considered valid. If there is only one, the ineligible name will be stricken and all names after it on the affected ballot will be moved up one spot.

16) Any players listed beyond the 12th place for any ballot but the first (in which case it is 20th place) will be ignored. If more than one person is listed as tied for the last available place and the ballot is oversize, all names will be dropped, which may lead to the invalidation of the ballot.

17) Ties are not permitted in ballot listings. I reserve the right to invalidate ballots for use of ties in the rankings, be it within a single ballot or over the course of several ballots. If the voter does not correct such a listing voluntarily, except in the case of an oversize ballot tie for the last eligible place, if do not invalidate the ballot, I will choose the placement of the two "tied" candidates, generally preferring the candidate preferred by the other voters.

18) For any ties between candidates straddling the in/out line of selections, the first thing considered is the ranking of the candidates by the ballots cast. If there are more than two candidates tied, use a 2-1-0 or whatever is appropriate for the number of players tied system. If a voter does not list a candidate, he receives zero points in the tiebreaker procedure. Once one person separates from the tied group, restart with the remaining candidates until there are only as many candidates as the rules call for being elected. If they remain tied after this process, the candidate with the most votes received wins. If it is still tied after that, those with the most #1 votes as the next step, then the most #2 votes and so on to see if that breaks the tie. If not, we will induct all candidates who remain tied at that point.

19) One thing we're going to have to be aware of is the timeline in the case of at least a few contributors. Two which jump out at me are Buck O'Neill, 1976, and Branch Rickey, 1946. I intend to eventually vote for both men, but in 1946, Jackie Robinson was still in Montreal. Really, Branch should wait until at least 1947 after Jackie's success in the majors to get credit for that move. If you think Rickey belongs in the top 5 in 1946 without his role in breaking the color line, that's fine--but he shouldn't get credit for that important success until it actually happened. Buck O'Neill did some important things up until 1976, but after that he was in Ken Burns' Baseball and he was instrumental in the establishment of the Negro Leagues Hall of Fame (both occurred in or around 1994). If you think he belongs based on accomplishments before those two things, that's perfectly acceptable, but please don't credit him with them before they actually happened.

20) I will maintain a thread of the project's history and rules which will provide a listing of all elected candidates.
        Last edited by jalbright; 11-02-2013, 09:20 AM.

Comment

The players who become eligible in 2013 are:
          Code:
          Alomar , Roberto
          Bagwell , Jeff
          Kent, Jeff
          Knoblauch , Chuck
          Mussina, Mike
          Olerud , John
          Piazza , Mike
          Sosa , Sammy
          Williams , Bernie
          The contributors who became eligible in 2013 are:
          Code:
          Mazzone , Leo
          Okrent , Dan
          Additionally, the following have been recently suggested for addition to the eligible list for contributors:
          Doug Allison
          Louis Wadsworth
          William Wheaton

Comment

The 2012 player candidates who were not elected had these results in that election:
            Code:
            46 Hoffman, Trevor
            35 Palmiero, Rafael
            34 Bando, Sal
            33 Lofton, Kenny
            31 Brown, Kevin
            28 Puckett, Kirby
            25 Mullane , Tony
            24 Aparicio, Luis
            24 Rixey, Eppa
            23 Belle, Albert
            21 McGriff, Fred
            14 Duffy , Hugh
            12 Dandridge, Ray
            12 Shocker, Urban
            12 Sutter, Bruce
            11 Nettles, Graig
            10 Beckley , Jake
            9 Evans, Darrell
            8 Grimes , Burleigh
            8 Munson, Thurman
            8 Randolph, Willie
            8 Saberhagen, Bret
            8 Smith, Lee
            7 Bond, Tommy
            7 Leach , Tommy
            7 Lundy , Dick
            7 Perez, Tony
            7 Quisenberry, Dan
            6 Sewell , Joe
            5 Bonds, Bobby
            5 Cone, David
            5 Fingers, Rollie
            5 Gomez, Lefty
            5 Pierce, Billy
            4 Jones, Charley
            3 Berger , Wally
            3 Evers, Johnny
            3 Newcombe, Don
            3 Smith, Chino
            2 Pike, Lip
            1 Linares, Omar
            1 Rice, Sam
            The 2012 contributor candidates who were not elected had these results in that election:
            Code:
            18 Schuerhotlz, John
            15 Mizuhara, Shigeru
            10 Harvey, Doug
            9 Pompez, Alex
            8 Smith, Red
            6 Harris , Bucky
            6 Martin, Billy
            5 Caray, Harry
            5 Flood, Curt
            5 Pesky, Johnny
            4 Harwell, Ernie
            4 Jobe, Frank
            4 Johnson, Davey
            4 McCarthy, Tommy
            3 Hodges, Gil
            2 Lardner, Ring
            2 O'Doul, Lefty
            2 Uecker, Bob
            1 Andrews, James
            1 Bouton, Jim
            1 Howsam, Bob
            I strongly suggest that you pay attention to these lists, as the leaders of the holdovers are likely to join any strong newcomer candidates as the leaders for winning induction.

Comment

Members of the Best of Baseball Hall. Last election's inductees are in red.
              Players
              Code:
              Hank Aaron
              Pete Alexander
              Dick Allen
              Cap Anson
              Luke Appling
              Richie Ashburn
              Earl Averill
              Frank Baker
              Ernie Banks
              Ross Barnes
              John Beckwith
              Cool Papa Bell
              Johnny Bench
              Charlie Bennett
              Yogi Berra
              Akira Bessho
              Craig Biggio
              Bert Blyleven
              Wade Boggs
              Barry Bonds
              Lou Boudreau
              Ken Boyer
              Roger Bresnahan
              George Brett
              Lou Brock
              Dan Brouthers
              Mordecai Brown
              Ray Brown
              Willard Brown
              Jim Bunning
              Jesse Burkett
              Roy Campanella
              Rod Carew
              Max Carey
              Gary Carter
              Steve Carlton
              Bob Caruthers
              Perucho Cepeda
              Oscar Charleston
              Cupid Childs
              Will Clark
              Fred Clarke
              John Clarkson
              Roger Clemens
              Roberto Clemente
              Ty Cobb
              Mickey Cochrane
              Eddie Collins
              Jimmy Collins
              Roger Connor
              Stan Coveleski
              Sam Crawford
              Joe Cronin
              Bill Dahlen
              George Davis
              Andre Dawson
              Dizzy Dean
              Ed Delahanty
              Bill Dickey
              Martin Dihigo
              Joe DiMaggio
              Larry Doby
              Bobby Doerr
              Don Drysdale
              Dennis Eckersley
              Dwight Evans
              Buck Ewing
              Red Faber
              Bob Feller
              Wes Ferrell
              Carlton Fisk
              Elmer Flick
              Whitey Ford
              Willie Foster
              Nellie Fox
              Jimmie Foxx
              Bill Freehan
              Frankie Frisch
              Pud Galvin
              Lou Gehrig
              Charlie Gehringer
              Bob Gibson
              Josh Gibson
              Jack Glasscock
              Tom Glavine
              Joe Gordon
              George Gore
              Goose Goslin
              Goose Gossage
              Frank Grant
              Hank Greenberg
              Bobby Grich
              Heinie Groh
              Lefty Grove
              Tony Gwynn
              Stan Hack
              Billy Hamilton
              Isao Harimoto
              Gabby Hartnett
              Harry Heilmann
              Rickey Henderson
              Billy Herman
              Keith Hernandez
              Pete Hill
              Paul Hines
              Rogers Hornsby
              Carl Hubbell
              Kazuhisa Inao
              Monte Irvin
              Joe Jackson
              Reggie Jackson
              Ferguson Jenkins
              Hughie Jennings
              Grant "Home Run" Johnson
              Randy Johnson
              Walter Johnson
              Addie Joss
              Al Kaline
              Masaichi Kaneda
              Tim Keefe
              Willie Keeler
              Charlie Keller
              Joe Kelley
              King Kelly
              Harmon Killebrew
              Ralph Kiner
              Sandy Koufax
              Masaaki Koyama
              Nap LaJoie
              Barry Larkin
              Bob Lemon
              Buck Leonard
              Pop Lloyd
              Ted Lyons
              Biz Mackey
              Greg Maddux
              Sherry Magee
              Mickey Mantle
              Juan Marichal
              Eddie Mathews
              Christy Mathewson
              Willie Mays
              Willie McCovey
              Joe McGinnity
              Bid McPhee
              Joe Medwick
              Jose Mendez
              Minnie Minoso
              Johnny Mize
              Paul Molitor
              Dobie Moore
              Joe Morgan
              Eddie Murray
              Stan Musial
              Shigeo Nagashima
              Hal Newhouser
              Kid Nichols
              Phil Niekro
              Katsuya Nomura
              Hiromitsu Ochiai
              Sadaharu Oh
              Alejandro Oms
              Jim O'Rourke
              Mel Ott
              Satchel Paige
              Jim Palmer
              Gaylord Perry
              Eddie Plank
              Charlie Radbourn
              Tim Raines
              Pee Wee Reese
              Rick Reuschel
              Cal Ripken, Jr. 
              Robin Roberts
              Brooks Robinson
              Frank Robinson
              Jackie Robinson
              Bullet Joe Rogan
              Pete Rose
              Edd Roush
              Red Ruffing
              Amos Rusie
              Babe Ruth
              Nolan Ryan
              Ryne Sandberg
              Ron Santo
              Louis Santop
              Curt Schilling
              Mike Schmidt
              Tom Seaver
              Jimmy Sheckard
              Al Simmons
              Ted Simmons
              George Sisler
              Enos Slaughter
              Hilton Smith
              Ozzie Smith
              Reggie Smith
              John Smoltz
              Duke Snider
              Warren Spahn
              Tris Speaker
              Victor Starffin
              Willie Stargell
              Joe Start
              Turkey Stearnes
              Harry Stovey
              Mule Suttles
              Don Sutton
              Ezra Sutton
              Bill Terry
              Sam Thompson
              Luis Tiant
              Joe Torre
              Cristobal Torriente
              Alan Trammell
              Pie Traynor
              Quincy Trouppe
              Dazzy Vance
              Arky Vaughan
              Rube Waddell
              Honus Wagner
              Larry Walker
              Bobby Wallace
              Ed Walsh
              Paul Waner
              John M. Ward
              Willie Wells
              Zack Wheat
              Lou Whitaker
              Deacon White
              Hoyt Wilhelm
              Billy Williams
              Smoky Joe Williams
              Ted Williams
              Jud Wilson
              Dave Winfield
              George Wright
              Early Wynn
              Jimmy Wynn
              Carl Yastrzemski
              Cy Young
              Robin Yount
              Contributors
              Code:
              Iso Abe
              Doc Adams
              Mel Allen
              Walter Alston
              Sparky Anderson
              Red Barber
              Ed Barrow
              Buzzue Bavasi
              Ed Bolden
              Alexander Cartwright
              O. P. Caylor
              Henry Chadwick
              Frank Chance
              Charlie Commiskey
              Charles Conlon
              Tom Connolly
              Bobby Cox
              Jim Creighton
              Jack Dunn
              Leo Durocher
              Al Munro Elias
              Billy Evans
              Bob Ferguson
              Rube Foster
              Ford Frick
              Pat Gillick
              Gus Greenlee
              Clark Griffith
              Ned Hanlon
              Vic Harris
              Whitey Herzog
              William Hulbert
              Miller Huggins
              Ban Johnson
              Tetsuharu Kawakami
              Bill Klem
              Kenesaw Landis
              Tommy Lasorda
              Tony LaRussa
              Al Lopez
              Connie Mack
              Larry MacPhail
              Joe McCarthy
              John McGraw
              Bill McKechnie
              Marvin Miller
              David Neft
              Walter O'Malley
              Buck O'Neill
              Dickey Pearce
              Cum Posey
              A. J. Reach
              Francis Richter
              Branch Rickey
              Phil Rizzuto
              Jacob Ruppert
              Vin Scully
              Frank Selee
              Ben Shibe
              Matsutaro Shoriki
              Billy Southworth
              Al Spalding
              Alfred Spink
              J. G. T. Spink
              Casey Stengel
              C. I. Taylor
              Kazuto Tsuruoka
              Bill Veeck
              Earl Weaver
              George Weiss
              Sol White
              J. L. Wilkinson
              Dick Williams
              Harry Wright

Comment

The complete list of eligible players:
                Code:
                Abbott , Jim
                Adams , Babe
                Adams , Bobby
                Adams , Sparky
                Aguilera , Rick
                Allen , Johnny
                Alomar , Roberto
                Alou , Jesus
                Alou , Matty
                Alou, Felipe
                Altrock , Nick
                Aparicio, Luis
                Archer , Jimmy
                Arlett , Buzz
                Austin , Jimmy
                Avila, Bobby
                Bagwell , Jeff
                Bailey , Bob 
                Baines , Harold
                Baker , Dusty
                Bancroft , Dave
                Bando, Sal
                Barry , Jack
                Bartell , Dick
                Battin , Joe
                Bauer , Hank
                Baylor , Don
                Beaumont , Ginger
                Beck , Rod
                Beckert, Glenn
                Beckley , Jake
                Bedrosian , Steve
                Belanger , Mark
                Bell , Buddy
                Bell , George
                Belle , Albert
                Bender , Chief
                Benton , Larry
                Berg , Moe
                Bergen , Marty
                Berger , Wally
                Berry , Charlie
                Bibby , Jim 
                Bichette , Dante
                Bigbee , Carson
                Billingham , Jack
                Bishop , Max
                Blackwell , Ewell
                Blades , Ray
                Blair , Paul
                Blass , Steve
                Blue , Lu
                Blue , Vida
                Bluege , Ossie
                Bodie , Ping
                Boley , Joe
                Bond , Tommy
                Bonds , Bobby
                Bonilla , Bobby
                Boone, Bob
                Bottomley , Jim
                Bowa , Larry
                Boyer , Clete
                Bradley , Bill
                Brecheen , Harry
                Breitenstein , Ted
                Brewer , Jim 
                Bridges , Tommy
                Brown , Kevin
                Browning , Pete
                Browning , Tom
                Bruton, Bill
                Buckner , Bill
                Buhner , Jay
                Burdette , Lew
                Burgess , Smoky  
                Burns , George J.
                Burroughs , Jeff
                Bush  , Joe
                Bush , Donie
                Bush , Guy
                Butler , Brett
                Cadore , Leon
                Camilli , Dolph
                Caminiti , Ken
                Camnitz , Howie
                Campaneris , Bert
                Campbell , Bill
                Candelaria , John
                Candiotti , Tom
                Canseco , Jose
                Cardenal , Jose
                Cardenas , Leo 
                Carrasquel. Chico 
                Carrigan , Bill
                Carroll, Clay
                Carter , Joe
                Case , George
                Cash , Dave
                Cash, Norm
                Cavaretta , Phil
                Cedeno , Cesar
                Cepeda , Orlando
                Cey , Ron
                Chandler , Spud
                Chapman , Ben
                Chapman , Ray
                Chapman , Sam
                Chase , Hal
                Chesbro , Jack
                Cicotte , Eddie
                Cissell , Bill
                Clark , Jack
                Clark , Watty
                Clarkson , Bus
                Clift, Harlond
                Coakley , Andy
                Colavito, Rocky
                Coleman , Vince
                Collins , Shano
                Combs , Earle
                Concepcion , Dave
                Cone, David
                Conroy , Wid
                Coombs , Jack
                Cooper , Andy
                Cooper , Mort
                Cooper , Walker
                Cooper , Wilbur
                Courtney , Clint
                Cox , Billy
                Crandall , Doc
                Crandall, Del
                Cravath , Gavvy
                Criger , Lou
                Critz , Hughie
                Cross , Lave
                Crowder , Al 
                Cruise , Walt
                Cruz , Jose
                Cuccinello , Tony
                Cummings , Candy
                Cuyler , Kiki
                Dandridge , Ray
                Danning , Harry
                Dark , Alvin
                Darling , Ron
                Daubert , Jake
                Daulton , Darren
                Davis , Chili
                Davis , Curt
                Davis , Eric
                Davis , Harry
                Davis , Mark
                Davis , Spud
                Day , Leon
                DeCinces, Doug
                Dempsey , Rick
                Denny , John
                Dent , Bucky
                Derringer , Paul
                Deshaies , Jim 
                DiMaggio , Dom
                Dinneen , Bill
                Doak , Bill
                Donaldson, John
                Donlin , Mike
                Donovan , Bill
                Dooin , Red
                Downing, Bryan
                Doyle , Jack 
                Doyle , Larry
                Drabek , Doug
                Dropo , Walt
                Duffy , Hugh
                Dugan , Joe
                Dunlap , Fred
                Dunston , Shawon
                Dykes , Jimmy
                Dykstra , Lenny
                Earnshaw , George
                Easter, Luke
                Edwards , Hank
                Ehmke , Howard
                Eisenreich , Jim 
                Elberfeld , Kid
                Elliott , Bob
                Elliott , Jumbo
                Ellis , Dock
                Enatsu , Yutaka
                Ennis, Del
                Ens , Jewel
                Erskine , Carl
                Evans , Darrell
                Evers , Johnny
                Face, Roy
                Fairly , Ron
                Falkenberg , Cy
                Fernandez , Sid
                Fernandez , Tony
                Ferrell , Rick
                Fielder , Cecil
                Fingers , Rollie
                Finley , Chuck
                Fitzsimmons , Freddie
                Flanagan , Mike
                Fletcher , Art
                Flood , Curt
                Fonseca , Lew
                Forsch, Bob
                Foster , Eddie
                Foster , George
                Franco , John
                Fraser , Chick
                Fregosi , Jim
                Furillo , Carl
                Gaetti , Gary
                Galan , Augie
                Galarraga , Andres
                Garner , Phil
                Garver, Ned
                Garvey , Steve
                Gelbert , Charlie
                Gibson , Kirk
                Gleason , Kid
                Gomez , Lefty
                Gonzalez , Mike
                Gonzalez, Luis
                Gooden , Dwight
                Gowdy , Hank
                Grace , Mark
                Grant , Eddie
                Grantham , George
                Greenwell , Mike
                Griffey, Sr, Ken
                Grimes , Burleigh
                Grimm , Charlie
                Grissom , Marv
                Grissom, Marquis
                Groat, Dick
                Gromek , Steve
                Grove , Orval
                Guerrero , Pedro
                Guidry, Ron
                Guillen , Ozzie
                Gullickson , Bill
                Gustine , Frank
                Haas , Mule
                Haddix, Harvey
                Hafey , Chick
                Hahn , Noodles
                Haines , Jesse
                Hallahan , Bill
                Harder , Mel
                Hargrave , Bubbles
                Hargrove , Mike
                Harrah , Toby
                Harrelson , Bud
                Harris , Bucky
                Harris , Vic
                Hatton , Grady
                Hearn , Jim 
                Hebner , Richie
                Hegan , Jim
                Helms, Tommy
                Hemus , Solly
                Henderson , Dave
                Henke , Tom
                Henrich , Tommy
                Herman , Babe
                Hernandez , Willie
                Hershiser , Orel
                Herzog , Buck 
                Hickman , Jim
                Higgins , Mike
                Hiller , John
                Hinchman , Bill
                Hodges, Gil
                Hoffman, Trevor
                Holmes , Tommy
                Holtzman , Ken
                Honeycutt , Rick
                Hooper , Harry
                Hooton, Burt
                Horton , Willie
                Hough, Charlie
                Houtteman , Art
                Howard , Frank
                Howard, Elston
                Hoy , Dummy
                Hoyt , Waite
                Hrabosky , Al
                Hrbek , Kent
                Huggins , Miller
                Hunter , Catfish
                Hurst , Bruce
                Hutchinson , Fred
                Irwin , Charlie
                Jackman , Will
                Jackson , Sonny
                Jefferies , Gregg
                Jensen , Jackie
                John , Tommy
                Johnson , Bob
                Johnson , Davey
                Johnson , Judy
                Jones , Charley
                Jones , Doug
                Jones , Fielder
                Jones , Sam P.
                Jordan , Tim
                Jorgenson , Mike
                Judge , Joe
                Jurges , Billy
                Justice , David
                Kaat, Jim
                Kamm , Willie
                Kawakami , Tetsuharu
                Kell , George
                Keltner , Ken
                Kennedy , Terry
                Kent, Jeff
                Kerr , Dickie
                Kessinger , Don
                Key , Jimmy
                Kile , Darryl
                Killefer , Bill
                Kilroy , Matt
                Kinder , Ellis
                Kingman , Dave
                Klein , Chuck
                Kling , Johnny
                Kluszewski, Ted
                Knabe , Otto
                Knight , Ray
                Knoblauch , Chuck
                Koosman , Jerry
                Kremer , Ray
                Kress , Red
                Kruk , John
                Krukow , Mike
                Kuenn, Harvey
                Kuhel , Joe
                Kuzava , Bob
                Lange , Bill
                Lanier , Hal
                Lansford , Carney
                Larkin , Henry
                Larsen, Don
                Latham , Arlie
                Lavagetto , Cookie
                Law, Vern
                Lazzeri , Tony
                Leach , Freddy
                Leach , Tommy
                Lee , Bill
                Lee , Bill (Spaceman)
                Leever , Sam
                Lemon , Chet
                Leonard , Dennis
                Leonard , Emil (Dutch)
                Lewis , Duffy
                Lewis, Buddy
                Linares , Omar
                Lindstrom , Freddie
                Lobert , Hans
                Lockman , Whitey
                Lofton, Kenny
                Lolich, Mickey
                Lollar, Sherm
                Lombardi , Ernie
                Lonborg , Jim
                Long , Herman
                Lopat , Ed
                Lopes , Davey
                Lopez , Al
                Lowe , Bobby
                Lowenstein , John
                Lucas , Red
                Lundy , Dick
                Luque , Dolf
                Luzinski, Greg
                Lyle , Sparky
                Lynn , Fred 
                Lyons , Denny
                Madlock , Bill
                Maglie , Sal
                Maloney, Jim
                Mancuso , Gus
                Manush , Heinie
                Maranville , Rabbit
                Marberry , Firpo
                Marion , Marty
                Maris, Roger
                Marquard , Rube
                Marshall , Mike G.
                Martin , Morrie
                Martin , Pepper
                Martinez , Dennis
                Martinez, Edgar
                Mathews , Bobby
                Mattingly , Don
                May , Lee
                Mays , Carl
                Mazeroski , Bill
                McAleer , Jimmy
                McCarthy , Tommy
                McCarver , Tim
                McCormick , Frank
                McCormick , Jim
                McDaniel , Lindy
                McDougald, Gil
                McDowell , Jack
                McGowan , Bill
                McGraw , Tug
                McGriff, Fred
                McGwire, Mark
                McInnis , Stuffy
                McLain , Denny
                McLean , Larry
                McMahon, Don
                McManus , Marty
                McMillan, Roy
                McNally , Dave
                McVey , Cal
                Meadows , Lee
                Messersmith , Andy
                Meusel , Bob
                Miksis , Eddie
                Milan , Clyde
                Millan , Felix
                Miller , Bing
                Miller , Dots
                Miller , Hack
                Mitchell , Kevin
                Monday , Rick
                Money , Don
                Monroe , Bill
                Montgomery , Jeff
                Moon, Wally
                Moore , Jo-Jo
                Moore , Terry
                Moran , Pat
                Morris , Hal
                Morris , Jack
                Mostil , Johnny
                Mota, Manny
                Moyer, Jamie
                Mulcahy , Hugh
                Mullane , Tony
                Mungo , Van
                Munson , Thurman
                Murcer , Bobby
                Murphy , Dale
                Murphy , Danny
                Murray , Red
                Mussina, Mike
                Myer , Buddy
                Myers , Randy
                Nehf , Art
                Nettles , Graig
                Newcombe , Don
                Newsom , Bobo
                Nicholson , Bill
                Niekro , Joe
                Northey , Ron
                O'Doul , Lefty
                Oeschger , Joe
                O'Farrell , Bob
                O'Leary , Charlie
                Olerud , John
                Oliva, Tony
                Oliver , Al
                O'Neill , Paul
                O'Neill , Steve
                O'Neill , Tip
                Orr , Dave
                Pabor , Charlie
                Pafko , Andy
                Palmeiro , Rafael
                Parker , Dave
                Parrish , Lance
                Parrish , Larry
                Pascual, Camilo
                Paskert , Dode
                Pearson , Monte
                Peckinpaugh , Roger
                Peitz , Heinie
                Pena , Tony
                Pendleton , Terry
                Pennock , Herb
                Perdue , Hub
                Perez , Tony
                Perkins , Cy
                Perranoski , Ron
                Perry , Jim
                Pesky , Johnny
                Petrocelli, Rico
                Phillippe , Deacon 
                Phillips , Tony
                Piazza , Mike
                Pierce , Billy
                Pike , Lip
                Piniella, Lou
                Pinson, Vada
                Pipp , Wally
                Podres, Johnny
                Poles , Spotswood
                Porterfield , Bob
                Powell , Boog
                Power , Vic
                Pruett , Hub
                Puckett , Kirby
                Puhl , Terry
                Quinn , Jack
                Quisenberry , Dan
                Randolph , Willie
                Raschi , Vic
                Raymond , Bugs
                Reardon , Jeff
                Redding , Dick
                Reiser , Pete
                Remsen , Jack
                Remy , Jerry
                Reynolds , Allie
                Rice , Del
                Rice , Jim 
                Rice , Sam
                Richard, J R
                Richardson , Bobby
                Richardson , Hardy
                Righetti , Dave
                Rijo , Jose
                Ring , Jimmy
                Ritchey , Claude
                Rivers , Mickey
                Rixey , Eppa
                Robertson , Dave
                Roe , Preacher
                Rolfe , Red
                Rommel , Eddie
                Root , Charlie
                Rosen, Al
                Rucker , Nap
                Rudolph , Dick
                Ruel , Muddy
                Russell , Bill
                Ryan  , Jimmy
                Saberhagen , Bret
                Sain , Johnny
                Samuel , Juan
                Sanguillen , Manny
                Sauer , Hank
                Sax , Steve
                Schacht , Al
                Schaefer , Germany
                Schalk , Ray
                Schang , Wally
                Schoendienst , Red
                Schreckengost , Ossie
                Schulte , Frank
                Scott , Everett
                Scott , George
                Scott , Jack
                Scott , Mike
                Selkirk , George
                Severeid , Hank
                Sewell , Joe
                Sewell , Luke
                Sewell , Rip
                Seymour , Cy
                Shantz, Bobby
                Sherdel , Bill
                Shocker , Urban
                Short , Chris
                Siebert , Sonny
                Sievers , Roy
                Simmons, Curt
                Singleton , Ken
                Sisti , Sibby
                Smalley , Roy
                Smith , Earl
                Smith , Lee
                Smith , Lonnie
                Smith , Sherry
                Sosa , Sammy
                Sparks , Tully
                Speier, Chris
                Stahl , Jake
                Stanky , Eddie
                Stanley , Mickey
                Staub , Rusty
                Steinbach , Terry
                Steinfeldt , Harry
                Stephens , Vern
                Stephenson , Riggs
                Stewart , Dave
                Stieb , Dave
                Stottlemyre , Mel
                Stottlemyre , Todd
                Strawberry , Darryl
                Street , Gabby
                Suhr , Gus
                Sukeforth , Clyde
                Sundberg , Jim
                Sutcliffe , Rick
                Sutter , Bruce
                Sweeney , Bill
                Tannehill , Jesse
                Tartabull , Danny
                Taylor , Ben
                Tebbetts , Birdie
                Tekulve, Kent
                Templeton , Garry
                Tenace , Gene
                Tenney , Fred
                Thevenow , Tommy
                Thomas , Ira
                Thomson , Bobby
                Thornton , Andre
                Tiernan , Mike
                Tinker , Joe
                Tobin , Jim
                Toney , Fred
                Torgeson, Earl
                Torrez , Mike
                Travis, Cecil
                Trout , Dizzy
                Trucks , Virgil
                Tudor , John 
                Turner , Terry
                Uhle , George
                Valentine , Ellis
                Valenzuela , Fernando
                Valo , Elmer
                Van Haltren , George
                Vander Meer , Johnny
                Vaughn, Mo
                Veach , Bobby
                Ventura, Robin
                Vernon , Mickey
                Viola , Frank
                Walberg , Rube
                Walker , Harry
                Wallach , Tim
                Walters , Bucky
                Wambsganss , Bill
                Waner , Lloyd
                Warfield , Frank
                Warneke , Lon
                Watson , Bob 
                Weiss , Walt
                Welch , Bob
                Welch , Mickey
                Wells , David
                Werber , Billy
                Wertz, Vic
                West , Sam
                Westrum , Wes
                Wetteland , John
                White , Sol
                White , Will 
                White, Frank
                Whitehill , Earl
                Williams , Bernie
                Williams , Cy
                Williams , Ken
                Williamson , Ned
                Willis , Vic
                Wills, Maury
                Wilson , Hack
                Wilson , Jim
                Wilson , Jimmie
                Wilson , Willie
                Witt , Whitey
                Wood , Joe
                Wood , Wilbur
                Wright , Glenn
                Wyatt , Whit 
                Yamamoto , Koji
                Yeager , Steve
                Yerkes , Steve
                York , Rudy
                Young , Pep
                Youngs , Ross
                Zachary , Tom
                Zimmer , Chief
                The complete list of eligible contributors:
                Code:
                Alou , Felipe
                Ashford, Emmet
                Autry, Gene
                Bancroft , Frank
                Barlick, Al
                Berger , Sy
                Boone, Bob
                Bouton , Jim
                Bowa , Larry
                Brickhouse , Jack
                Buck , Jack 
                Bulkely , Morgan
                Busch , Augie
                Cambria , Joe
                Campbell , Jim
                Canel, Buck
                Caray , Skip
                Caray, Harry
                Carrigan, Bill
                Chandler, Happy
                Chylak , Nestor
                Conlan , Jocko
                Cooper , Andy
                Cummings , Candy
                Dark , Alvin
                Davids , Bob 
                Dinneen , Bill
                Doubleday , Abner
                Doucet , Jacques
                Dreyfuss , Barney
                Dyer , Eddie
                Dykes , Jimmy
                Feller, Sherm
                Fetzer, John
                Flood , Curt
                Foster , John B.
                Fowler, Bud
                Fregosi , Jim
                Fullerton , Hugh
                Gaston , Cito
                Giles , Warren
                Gleason , Kid
                Gonzalez , Mike
                Gowdy , Curt
                Grimm, Charlie
                Haak , Howie
                Haney , Fred
                Harridge, Willie
                Harris , Bucky
                Harvey, Doug
                Harwell, Ernie
                Hemond , Roland
                Heydler, John
                Hillerich , John
                Hodges, Gil
                Hodges, Russ
                Houk , Ralph
                Howsam, Bob
                Hubbard , Cal
                Hutchinson , Fred
                Jobe , Frank
                Johnson, Davey
                Kaat , Jim
                Krichell, Paul
                Kuenn , Harvey
                Kuhn , Bowie
                Lanier , Hal
                Lanigan, Ernest
                Lardner , Ring
                Leavitt, Jr. , Charles W.
                Luque , Dolf
                MacPhail, Lee
                Manley , Effa
                Martin  , Billy
                Mauch , Gene
                Mazzone , Leo
                McCarthy , Tommy
                McCarver, Tim
                McGowan, Bill
                Messersmith , Andy
                Mills , A. G.
                Mizuhara, Shigeru
                Moran , Pat
                Murnane, Tim
                Murtaugh, Danny
                Mutrie , Jim
                Navin , Frank
                Nelson , Lindsey
                Norworth, Jack
                O'Day, Hank
                O'Doul, Lefty
                Okrent , Dan
                O'Neill, Steve
                Osborn , Frank
                Palmer , Pete
                Pasquel, Jorge
                Patkin, Max
                Pesky , Johnny
                Piniella, Lou
                Pompez , Alex 
                Pulliam, Harry
                Ramirez, Felo
                Reese , Jimmie
                Rice, Grantland
                Richards, Paul
                Ritter , Lawrence
                Robinson , Wilbert
                Schoendienst, Red
                Schuerholtz , John
                Selig , Bud
                Sewell , Luke
                Sheppard, Bob
                Smith, Red
                Stallings , George
                Steinbrenner, George
                Street, Gabby
                Tanner , Chuck
                Thayer , Ernest
                Tyson, Ty
                Uecker , Bob
                van der Ahe, Chris
                Virdon, Bill
                Warfield , Frank
                Watson , Bob 
                Watson , Bob 
                Weyer , Lee
                Wilson , Horace
                Wrigley, Phil
                Yawkey, Tom

Comment

My ballot
                  Players
                  1. Mike Piazza
                  2. Jeff Bagwell
                  3. Mike Mussina
                  4. Kenny Lofton
                  5. Yutaka Enatsu
                  6. Roberto Alomar
                  7. Chino Smith
                  8. Jim Edmonds
                  9. Sammy Sosa
                  10. Sal Bando
                  11. Graig Nettles
                  12. Bus Clarkson

Contributors
                  1. Shigeru Mizuhara
                  2. John Scheurholtz
                  3. William Wheaton
                  4. Alex Pompez
                  5. Bucky Harris

Comment

This was one list of new arrivals on the ballot, sometimes Knoblauch might be at or near the top of the list rather than a distant last

1. Mike Piazza
                    2. Jeff Bagwell
                    3. Roberto Alomar
                    4. Fred McGriff
                    5. Mike Mussina
                    6. Jeff Kent
                    7. Rafael Palmeiro
                    8. Kenny Lofton
                    9. John Olerud
                    10. Bernie Williams
                    11. Kevin Brown - swaps spots with Tommy Leach
                    12. Sammy Sosa

these guys got bumped Tommy Leach, Sal Bando, Tony Perez, Johnny Evers, Ray Dandridge, Darrell Evans

back soon: Vada Pinson

in the wings: Dave bancroft, Maranville, Puckett, Larry Doyle, Bob Elliott, Dale Murphy, Oliva, Shocker, Willis and Tommy John to name a few or make that a bunch.
                    took out Frank Howard and Orlando Cepeda far too late but better than never

1. Red Smith
                    2. Tommy McCarthy
                    3. Doug Harvey
                    4. Shigeru Mizuhara
                    5. William Wheaton

Comment

We've got all of two votes in this project right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jalbright View Post
                        We've got all of two votes in this project right now.
                        I had no idea you started this until today. Maybe you should move this thread into the main HOF forum until it is over since no one looks at the archives?

Comment

Players:

1. Mike Piazza
                          2. Roberto Alomar
                          3. Jeff Bagwell
                          4. Mike Mussina
                          5. Jeff Kent
                          6. Sal Bando
                          7. Kirby Puckett
                          8. Urban Shocker
                          9. Thurman Munson
                          10. Hugh Duffy
                          11. Dale Murphy
                          12. Lip Pike

Contributors:

1. Alex Pompez
                          2. Billy Martin
                          3. Lefty O'Doul
                          4. Shigeru Mizuhara
                          5. Jocko Conlan

Contributor queue: Cal Hubbard

Player queue: David Cone, Wally Schang, Jake Beckley, Hardy Richardson, Chino Smith, Robin Ventura

Comment

1. Jeff Bagwell
                            2. Mike Piazza
                            3. Roberto Alomar
                            4 Kirby Puckett
                            5 Mike Mussina
                            6. Albert Belle
                            7. Fred McGriff
                            8. Burleigh Grimes
                            9. Jeff Kent
                            10 Trevor Hoffman
                            11. Sammy Sosa
                            12. Luis Aparicio

Contributors
                            1. Bucky Harris
                            2. Ernie Harwell
                            3. Doug Harvey
                            4. Red Smith
                            5. John Schuerholz
                            Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                            Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                            Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                            Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                            Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
                              I had no idea you started this until today. Maybe you should move this thread into the main HOF forum until it is over since no one looks at the archives?
                              I'll try it, but if it slips down without more votes, it goes back. Regardless, when the voting is over, this will eventually return to the archive.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X