No announcement yet.

BBF Progressive HoF Election: 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cast my usual Big Hall vote. Toughest omission for me was Chris Carpenter, who in his second career with the Cardinals was one of the best pitchers in baseball when healthy -- alas, he was healthy all too infrequently.

Comment

Originally posted by Cougar View Post
      I cast my usual Big Hall vote. Toughest omission for me was Chris Carpenter, who in his second career with the Cardinals was one of the best pitchers in baseball when healthy -- alas, he was healthy all too infrequently.
      Carpenter's Cardinal record was 95-44 3.07 133 ERA+
      “There can be no higher law in journalism than to tell the truth and to shame the devil.” Walter Lippmann

"Fill in any figure you want for that boy (Mantle). Whatever the figure, it's a deal." - Branch Rickey

Comment

I went big ballot. No known PED users. NPB credit for Matsui.
        "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

Originally posted by 1905 Giants View Post
          Carpenter's Cardinal record was 95-44 3.07 133 ERA+
          Oh yeah, I know -- he's been crazy good for the Cardinals, even more than most people appreciate.

Comment

I did a big hall vote as well.
            Cone
            Franco
            Delgado
            hoffman
            lofton
            mcgriff
            palmeiro
            posada
            Ramirez
            Sheffield
            Sosa
            Williams
            Damon
            Jones A
            Jones C
            Rolen
            Thome
            Vizquel

Comment

I'm giving this a bump to let people know there's still time to vote in this one.
              RIP Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 - May 16, 2010).

Comment

It looks like Chipper Jones, Scott Rolen, and Jim Thome joined this particular hall.

Comment

I'm honestly surprised Scott Rolen received the kind of support he did.

Comment

Yeah. C. Jones, Rolen, and Thome sailed in without much trouble. Hoffman and Lofton both missed by a single vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
                      I'm honestly surprised Scott Rolen received the kind of support he did.
                      I am too. I was on the bubble about him until just a couple of years ago when I looked at him in a historical context with other third basemen. Even though he was overshadowed by Chipper Jones, Rolen's numbers really hold up well and I believe he is a top ten 3B all-time.
                      The Writer's Journey

Comment

Thank you everyone who participated in the last few weeks. This will return next year for a 2018 round of VC and regular elections. This will give us time to see who has actually retired. So far, only Todd Helton, Mark Kotsay, Darren Oliver, Andy Pettitte, and Mariano Rivera are confirmed eligible for next year. I'm also always on the lookout for new contributors to recommend for future ballots.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X