No announcement yet.

worst owner ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...nor a banker (because all that counts is the bottom line and how they can screw people to increase their profits0. And guess what...the sub human slime ball O'Malley was both!

Comment

Freedman was just this side of psychotic. There have been a lot of bad owners, but he has to win the prize IMO.
      Rooting the Reds home.

Comment

It's pathetic that fans hold a grudge for 48 years and refuse to accept that their "beloved" team ain't coming back. Get over it.
        Best posts ever:
        Originally posted by nymdan
        Too... much... math... head... hurts...
        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
        I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

No, no, we certainly know their not coming back.

But that doesn't mean hatred for this pathetic sub human piece of slime is not appropriate which is a completely separate issue.

Comment

Originally posted by MATHA531
            No, no, we certainly know their not coming back.

But that doesn't mean hatred for this pathetic sub human piece of slime is not appropriate which is a completely separate issue.
            you sound like my ex-wife

Comment

I thought the name of the thread was worst owner ever. How could any owner be any worse than this putrid piece of slime who screwed the best fans in baseball for his greed?

The other problem and this is important to many of us who grew up as Brooklyn Dodger fans is that as time passes and there are fewer and fewer of us left, the true story of what happened begins to blur. Some clown wrote a book recently trying to show the slmie ball was not the one totally responsible for this when it is clear that he was a deceitful well piece of garbage.

It is extremely important for the sake of baseball that this miserable excuse for a human being be kept out of the Hall of Fame which some have been pushing for.

I certainly think this qualifies in that category.
              Last edited by MATHA531; 10-22-2005, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Tom Yawkey
                SOCK IT TO 'EM TIGERS

Comment

Give it to Steinbrenner (wasn't he banned?) he shows no care for people, and unfairly blames Joe Torre, Brian Cashman, and (what was) Mel Stottlymyre.

Right now im watching the World Series on FOX with the T.V behind me.

How I hate Joe Buck...
                  The Boston Red Sox are the...

2006 AL East Division Winners

2006 World Series Winners

Destroy of the Bronx Bombers!

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackPedro
                    Give it to Steinbrenner (wasn't he banned?) he shows no care for people, and unfairly blames Joe Torre, Brian Cashman, and (what was) Mel Stottlymyre.

Right now im watching the World Series on FOX with the T.V behind me.

How I hate Joe Buck...
                    George Wasnt Banned,,You must be taking about Marge Shott.

Comment

Originally posted by steveox
                      Didn't George's dealings with Richard Nixon's re-election committee and Howard Spira get him suspended? I thought he got booted by both Bowie Kuhn and Fay Vincent.

Comment

Originally posted by steveox
                        I think it got overruled. Google it.
                        The Boston Red Sox are the...

2006 AL East Division Winners

2006 World Series Winners

Destroy of the Bronx Bombers!

Comment

he was suspended twice:

1) illegal contributions to the nixon campaign
                          2) hiring a gambler to dig up dirt on winfield

i believe number two was a ban that vincent lifted on his way out of office

Comment

Originally posted by MATHA531
                            I thought the name of the thread was worst owner ever. How could any owner be any worse than this putrid piece of slime who screwed the best fans in baseball for his greed?

The other problem and this is important to many of us who grew up as Brooklyn Dodger fans is that as time passes and there are fewer and fewer of us left, the true story of what happened begins to blur. Some clown wrote a book recently trying to show the slmie ball was not the one totally responsible for this when it is clear that he was a deceitful well piece of garbage.

It is extremely important for the sake of baseball that this miserable excuse for a human being be kept out of the Hall of Fame which some have been pushing for.

I certainly think this qualifies in that category.
                            It's funny and NO-ONE outside of Brooklyn will ever understand. Yes it was a shame when the Browns and Colts lost their football teams but at least they got them back! People can't equate with us Original Brooklinites because they never, NONE OF THEM! EVER had a beloved team so ripped from them, and never recovered them, If only existing teams had so much passion for their own EXISTING teams, then maybe they would understand!
                            unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
                            unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
                            unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

I guess we all like Ted Turner. Remember when he made himself manager for a couple games?

Comment

I've never been in Brooklyn in my life. I was 2 years old when they split for LA, a place I used to like to visit, my grandmother and some other relatives moved there in the mid-50's. But I can only imagine that if in 1969, the St. Louis Cardinals, after a decade with 3 trips to the WS and great fan support, all of a sudden had pulled up stakes and moved to San Diego or something. It had to be like getting your heart ripped out.
                                It Might Be? It Could Be?? It Is!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X