No announcement yet.

top five weirdest players in history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So racism/anti-social behavior and drug abuse are "weird"?
    Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
      So racism/anti-social behavior and drug abuse are "weird"?

i didnt say anythign about drug use, but anti-social comments are funny in some aspects. if you say "******" or "coon" your in a law suit for years. back then they can do anything. there are alot more stories with anson its just that one was the shortest....

Comment

Originally posted by T206King
        i didnt say anythign about drug use, but anti-social comments are funny in some aspects. if you say "******" or "coon" your in a law suit for years. back then they can do anything. there are alot more stories with anson its just that one was the shortest....
        You mean like when Cap said "Get that n***er off the field" and started 60 years of segregated baseball? Yeah, that was hilarious.

Comment

What no love for the "Mad Hungarian"?
          unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
          unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
          unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Originally posted by T206King
            2- Ty Cobb- black man offered to shake his hand, he slapped him, then tried to stanggle his wife!! another time he ran into the stands and beat up a man with one arm(i beleive), he replies "i dont care if he has no arms"!! spiked men regularly and injurying most. but loved the game!!!
            I may be wrong, but I think the exact quote was "I don't care if he got no legs!"

How bout Rickey. He's always been a character. He framed his first million dollar check on his wall. The problem was that it wasn't a copy, it was the actual check , lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
              I may be wrong, but I think the exact quote was "I don't care if he got no legs!"

How bout Rickey. He's always been a character. He framed his first million dollar check on his wall. The problem was that it wasn't a copy, it was the actual check , lol.
              LOL!

Rickey has always been one of my favorites......along with Reggie Jackson, Joe Morgan, Bob Gibson, and Jimmy Wynn.

Comment

Originally posted by bkmckenna
                and the drug abusers Gooden, Stawberry, Howe, Blue, etc.

Comment

Jim Bouton................

Comment

Bo Belinsky

Some of the others that were mentioned were on the Angels at one time or another:

Jimmy Piersall
                    Alex Johnson
                    Bill "Spaceman" Lee

Didn't Albert Belle kill a bird during warm up one time?
                    http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ex...eline_1961.jpg

Comment

Casey Stengel. He would lift his cap and birds would fly out. When Stengel heard the news during a rain delay that he was traded from the cellar dwelling Phillies to the Giants in 1920, he leapt off the trainers table, ran to the field and slid headfirst into every base.

Bluesteve, I think you are referring to Dave Winfield, not Belle, that killed a bird. It occured in 1983 between innings of a game in Toronto, when a Winfield toss struck a bird flying by. Winfield was actually charged by the police for killing the bird.

Comment

bluesteve- bill lee actually never played for the angels, just the red sox and expos. he is from southern california though. a very funny and hip player, one of my favorites who you either love or hate... a generally good indicator on whether someone is conservative or liberal is how they feel about the spaceman.

funniest lee moment. i grew up in boston during the era of busing. for a really long time we had an obnoxious, boorish city councilman named albert " dapper" o'neil- kind of an archie bunker type but even cruder. lee was on the news or something and expressed that he was in favor of busing, and o'neil fired off a very angry letter to lee. lee wrote a letter back saying something to the effect of " dear councillor o'neill, someone has stolen your stationary and wrote an angry letter to me with over a dozen spelling mistakes!"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Jeltz
                          Bluesteve, I think you are referring to Dave Winfield, not Belle, that killed a bird. It occured in 1983 between innings of a game in Toronto, when a Winfield toss struck a bird flying by. Winfield was actually charged by the police for killing the bird.
                          Shame, too. Sounds like one of those Bottomley "there was no malice in any of my throws, just good, clean, strikes."
                          Johnson and now Goligoski gone.
                          I hope that's all.

Comment

Yeah I goofed about Bill Lee on the Angels.

I guess Albert Belle is more famous for another kind of bird during baseball games. The one fingered kind. :grouchy
                            http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ex...eline_1961.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesteve32
                              Yeah I goofed about Bill Lee on the Angels.

I guess Albert Belle is more famous for another kind of bird during baseball games. The one fingered kind. :grouchy
                              yeah he had alot of anger, hit alot of hrs for the time he was there. the hole trying to run kids over with his truck because he of an egging i think is funny as hell....

Comment

Didn't Bill Caudill once pitch an inning with half a beard? That's not entirely normal.
                                1992 & 1993 World Series Champions

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X