No announcement yet.

yaz vs kaline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I'm in the minority, but I went with Al Kaline.

Comment

I chose Kaline because he was always good. He did have two below average seasons at the end, but Yaz had 6. Yaz had a higher peak and a longer career, but Kaline had more good-to-very-good years.

One thing that doesn't get mentioned about Yaz is that for a lot of Boston fans he was an annual disappointment for about 15 years. It's not fair; he set himself an impossible standard in 67. And there was no pleasing those fans, who were understandably bitter. But his decline started early and went on and on, while Kaline never seemed to have a down year until the end.
      Indeed the first step toward finding out is to acknowledge you do not satisfactorily know already; so that no blight can so surely arrest all intellectual growth as the blight of cocksureness.--CS Peirce

Comment

Yaz may have peaked higher but Kaline had a 12 or so year run (55-68ish) vs. 7-8 for Yaz (63-70). Also Kaline had to contend with a peak form Mickey Mantle during his best years for the title of ALs best and that was a battle only a handful of players that ever played could win.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X