• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Hi, Sandy, it's your old friend from the neighborhood, Larry King!"
    "Uh, who? How did you get this number?"
    "Don't you remember, ice cream? Connecticut?"
    "Look, I'm kinda busy...."
    "OK, well I only get this one phone call, you know, so I'll get to it, old buddy - I'm in kind of a jam here, was wondering if you could see your way to send some bail money down to me here in Florida, for old time's sake..."
    * click * mmmmmmm (dial tone)
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Barnstormer
      "OK, well I only get this one phone call, you know, so I'll get to it, old buddy - I'm in kind of a jam here, was wondering if you could see your way to send some bail money down to me here in Florida, for old time's sake..."
      very funny
      Johnny
      Delusion, Life's Coping Mechanism

Comment

Which father-in-law? Larry's been married 7 times.
        It Might Be? It Could Be?? It Is!

Comment

Originally posted by Barnstormer
          (if you will indulge me, i was thinking i could add this to your call scenario)

"Sandy, Sandy, Sandy...Damn. Wonder if someone else here in the holding cell will let me use their one call to contact my other good friend Buddy Hackett?

What's that?, you want me to do 'that' just to get another call.
          Damn, oh well, I'll just close my eyes and pretend I'm with Sophia Loren" h

_
          Last edited by johnny; 02-15-2006, 02:26 PM.
          Johnny

Comment

Koufax/King

I really don't put too much in what Larry King says. I use to watch his show, after a while and got tired of the BS. I use to read his column in USA Today. He would praised so and so for writing a terrific book, and say it's a great read. Found out later he doesn't read the books he's praising.

Comment

waiting to see your next madison square garden tangential connection to baseball, elhalo.
              "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by Melottfan
                I really don't put too much in what Larry King says. I use to watch his show, after a while and got tired of the BS. I use to read his column in USA Today. He would praised so and so for writing a terrific book, and say it's a great read. Found out later he doesn't read the books he's praising.
                spot on. grade a phony-just a namedropper which is why that koufax debacle was amusing to some of us.

great vocal pipes, though.
                Johnny

Comment

RIP Larry King.
                  My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                  2. Barry Bonds
                  3. Ty Cobb
                  4. Ted Williams
                  5. Willie Mays
                  6. Alex Rodriguez
                  7. Hank Aaron
                  8. Honus Wagner
                  9. Lou Gehrig
                  10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by Lindseynelson View Post
                    Koufax after Kings use of his name as friend and running buddy, high school teammate and anything else larry could think of , finally came public, ala Howard Hughes and Clifford Irving, and stated unequivocaly that he" never met , knew or spent time with Larry King" Koufax, intensely private had finally had enough and king was forced to relent. Unfortunately he had used the lie so often and for so long the retraction was hardly remembered.
                    I suspect that Koufax's real friends don't go around publicly bragging they are friends with Koufax.
                    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X