Best Player By Franchise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thomas now plays for the A's so hes ineligible
    "I was pitching one day when my glasses clouded up on me. I took them off to polish them. When I looked up to the plate, I saw Jimmie Foxx. The sight of him terrified me so much that I haven't been able to wear glasses since." - Left Gomez

"(Lou) Gehrig never learned that a ballplayer couldn't be good every day." - Hank Gowdy

Comment

These might sound crazy, but...

Blue Jays - Roy Halliday
      Mets - David Wright

I cant think of anyone else who's played their whole career with these teams that I would pick over these guys.
      My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
      2. Barry Bonds
      3. Ty Cobb
      4. Ted Williams
      5. Willie Mays
      6. Alex Rodriguez
      7. Hank Aaron
      8. Honus Wagner
      9. Lou Gehrig
      10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleX
        Nationals: No clue (Judging by these lists, one might think I have something against Canadian teams)
        My pick for the Expos/Nationals would be Steve Rogers. Definitely one of the better players out there who played for only one MLB team.
        Last edited by Redondos; 02-16-2006, 10:53 PM.

Comment

The Yankees all-time one team roster is loaded. But I dare say that a Baltimore Orioles-only team would be more than decent.

C - Chris Hoiles
          1B - Jim Traber (Hey, if you can think of anyone better, then LMK!)
          2B - Rich Dauer
          SS - Cal Ripken Jr.
          3B - Brooks Robinson
          OF - Luis Matos, Jay Gibbons
          P - Jim Palmer, Scott McGregor

I just can't seem to come up with a decent 3rd outfielder. Had Al Bumbry not played his final season with the Padres, he would have been in there.
          Last edited by Redondos; 02-17-2006, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Just based on the last couple of years, I'd rather have Brian Roberts at second thean Dauer.
            "Here's a crazy thought I've always had: if they cut three fingers off each hand, I'd really be a great hitter because then I could level off better." Paul Waner (lifetime .333 hitter, 3,152 lifetime hits.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzaldrin
              Just based on the last couple of years, I'd rather have Brian Roberts at second thean Dauer.
              I was thinking about Roberts too. However, you've already uttered the magic words, "based on the last couple of years." If Roberts can maintain his level of play for another 4 or 5 seasons and, of course, remain with Baltimore in the meantime, then he would replace Dauer as the all-time Baltimore-only second baseman.

That is, until he gets traded somewhere down the line. Then up goes Rich Dauer's name again.
              Last edited by Redondos; 02-17-2006, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X