X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redondos
    replied
    Originally posted by Buzzaldrin
    Just based on the last couple of years, I'd rather have Brian Roberts at second thean Dauer.
    I was thinking about Roberts too. However, you've already uttered the magic words, "based on the last couple of years." If Roberts can maintain his level of play for another 4 or 5 seasons and, of course, remain with Baltimore in the meantime, then he would replace Dauer as the all-time Baltimore-only second baseman.

That is, until he gets traded somewhere down the line. Then up goes Rich Dauer's name again.
    Last edited by Redondos; 02-17-2006, 01:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzaldrin
    replied
    Just based on the last couple of years, I'd rather have Brian Roberts at second thean Dauer.

Leave a comment:

• Redondos
    replied
    The Yankees all-time one team roster is loaded. But I dare say that a Baltimore Orioles-only team would be more than decent.

C - Chris Hoiles
    1B - Jim Traber (Hey, if you can think of anyone better, then LMK!)
    2B - Rich Dauer
    SS - Cal Ripken Jr.
    3B - Brooks Robinson
    OF - Luis Matos, Jay Gibbons
    P - Jim Palmer, Scott McGregor

I just can't seem to come up with a decent 3rd outfielder. Had Al Bumbry not played his final season with the Padres, he would have been in there.
    Last edited by Redondos; 02-17-2006, 12:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Redondos
    replied
    Originally posted by DoubleX
    Nationals: No clue (Judging by these lists, one might think I have something against Canadian teams)
    My pick for the Expos/Nationals would be Steve Rogers. Definitely one of the better players out there who played for only one MLB team.
    Last edited by Redondos; 02-16-2006, 10:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GiambiJuice
    replied
    These might sound crazy, but...

Blue Jays - Roy Halliday
    Mets - David Wright

I cant think of anyone else who's played their whole career with these teams that I would pick over these guys.

Leave a comment:

• Myankee4life
    replied
    Thomas now plays for the A's so hes ineligible

Leave a comment:

• kramer_47
    replied
    Best Player By Franchise?

Sorry, after I'd put in Rico P. I read back over it and read Rice, so I didn't put him in. My bad.

The White Sox have Luke Appling, Frank Thomas, Buck Weaver, Happy Felsch, Ted Lyons, Johnny Mostil (who saved Lyons' no hitter with a stupendous catch in the first inning), Red Faber, Mark Buehrle, John Garland, and of course Monty Stratton (as played by Jimmy Stewart). Roy Patterson and Joe Benz weren't bad either.

I guess you could add Jim Scott as a pitcher if you need more. Does Reb Russell count? He pitched only for the Sox, but after his arm blew out he came back a few years later as a Pirate right fielder- sort of Lefty O'Doul style.

They got the pitching, but after Thomas and Appling, the hitting really stinks.
    What's wrong with Rico he had a pretty good career at ss and 3rd base for the Red sox for 13 years, plus he comes from my alma mater Sheepshead High school in Brooklyn.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleX
    replied
    Sorry, after I'd put in Rico P. I read back over it and read Rice, so I didn't put him in. My bad.
    No need to apologize, I do stuff like that all the time. For instance, I originally had Charlie Keller as the DH on my all-time Yankee team, even though I knew he didn't play his whole career with the Yankees. So I made a nice little edit and no one is the wiser.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzaldrin
    replied
    Originally posted by DoubleX
    Red Sox would field a pretty good offensive team. You'd have to throw Jim Rice in there as well.

The White Sox have Luke Appling, Frank Thomas, Buck Weaver, Happy Felsch, Ted Lyons, Johnny Mostil (who saved Lyons' no hitter with a stupendous catch in the first inning), Red Faber, Mark Buehrle, John Garland, and of course Monty Stratton (as played by Jimmy Stewart). Roy Patterson and Joe Benz weren't bad either.

I guess you could add Jim Scott as a pitcher if you need more. Does Reb Russell count? He pitched only for the Sox, but after his arm blew out he came back a few years later as a Pirate right fielder- sort of Lefty O'Doul style.

They got the pitching, but after Thomas and Appling, the hitting really stinks.

Leave a comment:

• Baseball Guru
    replied
    Rockies-Todd Helton

Marlins-Luis Castillo (technically its still the only team he has played for)

Leave a comment:

• DoubleX
    replied
    Yeah, them Yankees look pretty tough. try doing the Red Sox, though, Ted Williams, Yaz, Bobby Doerr, Rico, the little Professor, Varitek, Gator Greenwell, Trot Nixon and a whole lotta nothing.

Rube Foster, Ray Collins, Tex Hughson, Mel Parnell, Tom Brewer, and Bob Stanley is one of the least inspiring pitching staffs I can imagine for a franchise.

and that's the best they got.
    Red Sox would field a pretty good offensive team. You'd have to throw Jim Rice in there as well.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzaldrin
    replied
    Yeah, them Yankees look pretty tough. try doing the Red Sox, though, Ted Williams, Yaz, Bobby Doerr, Rico, the little Professor, Varitek, Gator Greenwell, Trot Nixon and a whole lotta nothing.

Rube Foster, Ray Collins, Tex Hughson, Mel Parnell, Tom Brewer, and Bob Stanley is one of the least inspiring pitching staffs I can imagine for a franchise.

and that's the best they got.

Leave a comment:

• baseballPAP
    replied
    The Reds:
    C-Bench
    1B-Long John Reilly
    2B-Bid McPhee
    SS-Larkin
    3B-yipes!
    LF-Adam Dunn
    CF-Bug Holliday
    RF-Austin Kearns
    Bench-they don't have one

Pitchers-Mario Soto

Despite the longer history, the Reds can't come close to a decent team. Throw out the old American Association Reds, and there is hardly onyone past Bench and Larkin.

Leave a comment:

• west coast orange and black
    replied
    holy #2 pencil, xx, that yankee roster is loaded.

Leave a comment:

• Cubsfan97
    replied
    What about the MArlisn. How many franchise players ar5e there?

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X