Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHOELESSJOE3
    replied
    Good to see the two made peace. In June of that year, Frazee passed away. Frazee Harry and Babe 1929.jpg

Leave a comment:

• SHOELESSJOE3
    replied
    How can we Yankee fans ever thank you harry Frazee, the biggest bonehead deal ever in the game. Sending the Bam to NY..............because he was hurting the Bosox?? He led "both" leagues in 90% of the offensive numbers his last season with the Bosox,"Oh" and pitching went 9-5. Did not end there, continued to get rid of more good Bosox players soon after that. I don't get this, in the newspapers "before the sale" Harry predicting a short career for Babe due to a serious knee injury. Kind of like a used car salesman selling you a car but saying, may have a bad transmission. Bad for the sale but my take, Harry trying to calm down irate Babe fans, you won't miss him, may not be playing that long for his new team.

Harry-frazee.jpg

Leave a comment:

• bluesky5
    replied
    People can hate on how over saturated baseball news is with these clubs and I can see why. Heck it's been popular to hate the Yankees since they got Ruth, basically. But this rivalry and all the postseason meetings have been the best thing for baseball for sure in my lifetime. So many great moments. So quintessentially American. Red v. blue, good v. evil, David v. Goliath (popular perception), even though it's also an arms race (pun and cold war tension reference intended [and yea I know the cold war was "over" in the early 90's]) between the two biggest baseball clubs fueled by blind ambition. Tensions run high. There's a good chance there's gonna be a fight. Buy a beer and a hot dog. Fenway is a national landmark or whatever. Your dad and pap are probably into it too. You can share those moments with them and your kid. People are aware of the history of/between the two even if the average fan doesn't know much about it.

Edit: I didn't watch the video. I was thinking of "modern" as from Jeter's debut to the present.

Leave a comment:

• The Baseball Guy
    started a topic Modern History of Yankees vs. Red Sox

Modern History of Yankees vs. Red Sox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amr2QZp1cYY

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X