When I think of HACK WILSON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
    Who knows what they'd say. It's actually not that bad though. The head is out of whack, and his torso is extremely rotated from momentum, but good balance, belt toward the pitcher. Hard to tell much about the actual swing, since it's so late after the bat passed through the hitting zone. Musta liked those belt high pitches eh.

Here's a kindler, gentler shot for ya.
    Just found this one...what's going on with that front foot? Maybe he's getting his feet ready to head to first? Looks different to me...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hellborn; 04-02-2006, 10:00 PM. Reason: fixed photo
    "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Originally posted by hellborn
      Here's a better version of the one I use in my signature. My favorite baseball photo ever. I wonder what some of the batting analysis ubermen from Baseball 101 would have to say about this kind of extreme rotation hitting?
      Is that the ball right by the catcher's mask, fouled back? Seems like it should be further away with Hack being so far around in his swing...maybe that's just a fan with a white shirt?
      "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Originally posted by hellborn
        Just found this one...what's going on with that front foot? Maybe he's getting his feet ready to head to first? Looks different to me...
        Just looks like his weight is so far back, that it caused his front foot to come off the ground. The dirt under the foot makes it appear like he's going to be planting his left foot back, and bringing his right one forward to run out of the box. Who knows that that dude though, lol. "Hack" definately fit him.

Is that the ball right by the catcher's mask, fouled back? Seems like it should be further away with Hack being so far around in his swing...maybe that's just a fan with a white shirt?
        I thought the same thing. That maybe the balls was fouled straight back off the catchers mask or something, and it's gonna just fall harmlessly to the ground. If you look though, it appears to just be a derby hat; a fan looking down or something. The size of it seems really small to be a baseball, and the shape is a bit off. If it were 1915, then I could see the ball being deformed, but even then, it wouldn't be so white. I blew up a bigger shot for ya.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X