Frank Thomas vs Eddie Murray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Thomas vs Eddie Murray

So Golf's longest ball contest got me thinking. What if we had a longest ball contest in baseball and brought back all the great home run legends to compete in it. Unlike a home run contest it doesn't matter home many home runs are hit but rather who hit the single longest home run. Each player gets 27 swings. I'm going to post a poll with each post and see what happens. In our first matchup we have Frank Thomas (HOFer) vs Eddie Murray
    Frank Thomas
    100.00%
    Eddie Murray
    0%

The poll is expired.

My dream ballpark dimensions
    LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
    RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
    Location....San Diego

Eddie Murray is my all-time favorite player by a wide margin, but in a long-ball contest I have to give this to Thomas for sure.

Murray did his some long ones, but he was more of a smooth swinging line-drive HR hitter. Thomas was a monster.

I love the fact that Murray has by-far the lowest career high for HR of any guy in the 500 club. Speaks to his steady-Eddieness.

Comment

This is an unfair matchup...obviously the human tank will prevail.

238795_display_image.jpg?1304959812.jpg5zv2rgwlz3o41.jpg

Chop! Chop! Chop!

Comment

Yep. Murray is a big man. Thomas is a huge man.

Comment

I remember watching the 1994 home run derby when Frank Thomas hit that incredibly long home run. Thank you for posting that video Bigfoot88
          My dream ballpark dimensions
          LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
          RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
          Location....San Diego

Comment

I don't remember Murray's homers well enough to comment on him.

In general, FT hit shorter homers but when he really got into one, he'd give it quite a ride. In a 27-swing context, I think FT would get a hold of at least one for a monster blast.
            "I, Toledo Inquisition, firmly believe that the New York Mets will win the 2021 World Series."
            Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X