No announcement yet.

One of our members has passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure there have been further inquiries and dedications regarding Dick Thompson in the past month, however I've been away from the internet for much of it. I was hoping someone here might want to respond to this below...

Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:28:03 EST
    Subject: Tom Shea research papers

With the sudden passing of longtime SABR member Dick Thompson last month, I became aware that there was some concern within SABR over the status of the Tom Shea collection, which Mr. Shea left to Dick. Just wanted to let fellow members know that Dick's wife has decided to donate the collection to the National Baseball Library in Cooperstown.

Also, Dick had an extremely large personal library of baseball books, some which may be of value. She has indicated that at some point, she may consider selling them, and has asked my assistance in determing the value of these books. Some are first edition hardcovers dating back to the early 20th century. Can anyone provide suggestions on publications or websites that would list approximate values?

Thanks,

Kerry Keene

Comment

I wonder if anyone ever picked up Mr. Thompson's work on Jackman. I know many of us were looking forward to the book. Anyway, I still miss him and hope others remember him as well.
      "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
      -Casey Stengel

Comment

I created a profile for Dick in my Meet the Sports Writers. Here is is.

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...58#post1717158

Hope you enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Burgess View Post
          I created a profile for Dick in my Meet the Sports Writers. Here is is.

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...58#post1717158

Hope you enjoy it.
          That's terrific Bill. Much appreciated.
          "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
          -Casey Stengel

Comment

It was my pleasure. He certainly deserves one.

Comment

Originally posted by cbenson5 View Post
              I wonder if anyone ever picked up Mr. Thompson's work on Jackman. I know many of us were looking forward to the book. Anyway, I still miss him and hope others remember him as well.
              Brian McKenna did, to some extent. Check out his website and what he posted here as Bkmckenna on the Ferrell Thread.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X