X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny thing about Derek Jeter's 1999 season at Yankee stadium

Home: 103/313, 17 doubles, 5 triples, 15 homers, 62 RBI, .329/.419/.559
    Away: 116/314, 20 doubles, 4 triples, 9 homers, 40 RBI, .369/.456/.545

notice how Yankee stadium reduced Jeter's average severly, but yet his power stats went up despite being a RH?

Originally posted by blackout805
    Home: 103/313, 17 doubles, 5 triples, 15 homers, 62 RBI, .329/.419/.559
    Away: 116/314, 20 doubles, 4 triples, 9 homers, 40 RBI, .369/.456/.545

notice how Yankee stadium reduced Jeter's average severly, but yet his power stats went up despite being a RH?
    How many of those homers were to right in YS? Like 9 or 10 of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
      How many of those homers were to right in YS? Like 9 or 10 of them?
      I don't have figures on that but watching him over the years I would bet that of all the RH Yankee hitters he has as many home runs to RF as any of them, except for AROD who came later and we have to remember AROD's total number is much higher that Jeter's. I would not be surprised if 5 or 6 of those 15 at home were to RF.
      Last edited by SHOELESSJOE3; 02-25-2006, 05:20 AM.

Comment

The difference between Yankee Stadium and Fenway was the difference between Nomar winning the batting title instead of Jeter in '99.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOELESSJOE3
          I don't have figures on that but watching him over the years I would bet that of all the RH Yankee hitters he has as many home runs to RF as any of them, except for AROD who came later and we have to remember AROD's total number is much higher that Jeter's. I would not be surprised if 5 or 6 of those 15 at home were to RF.
          Jeter moreso than other righties though. With his inside-out approach, my money is on at least 8 or 9 of those being to RF. Arod goes the other way quite often too, but only when it's thrown out there, he'll go with the pitch. He did that in Texas often, taking advantage of the jetsteam to right.

Comment

One thing the haters never say about Jeter

Yankee Stadium is one of the worst parks his style could play in

Yet, he still succeeds

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
              Jeter moreso than other righties though. With his inside-out approach, my money is on at least 8 or 9 of those being to RF. Arod goes the other way quite often too, but only when it's thrown out there, he'll go with the pitch. He did that in Texas often, taking advantage of the jetsteam to right.
              Your closer than I was. I saw one hit chart that showed what looked line at least 8 and maybe 9 to RF in 1999. One other was hit just to the right of center field so technically it was hit to the right side although closer to dead center. There were 3 hit to left. The problem with counting those hit to RF was that it appeared some spots marked with the letter h ( h for spot where home runs landed) overlapped and they were hard to count.

BLACKOUT 805 gave the figure 15 hit at home but the MLB states he hit 12 at home. His numbers could be right but I can only state what the source MLB gives. In the end if I could only count 3 to left I would have to assume all other 9 home runs had to be hit to RF even though it's hard to distinguish those spots in right that overlap making it difficult to count.
              Last edited by SHOELESSJOE3; 02-25-2006, 04:17 PM.

Comment

my stats come from Retrosheet

Comment

Originally posted by blackout805
                  my stats come from Retrosheet
                  First thought, I would tend to trust retosheet. I'll look around, sure someone on the board will offeer some help.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOELESSJOE3
                    Your closer than I was. I saw one hit chart that showed what looked line at least 8 and maybe 9 to RF in 1999. One other was hit just to the right of center field so technically it was hit to the right side although closer to dead center. There were 3 hit to left. The problem with counting those hit to RF was that it appeared some spots marked with the letter h ( h for spot where home runs landed) overlapped and they were hard to count.

BLACKOUT 805 gave the figure 15 hit at home but the MLB states he hit 12 at home. His numbers could be right but I can only state what the source MLB gives. In the end if I could only count 3 to left I would have to assume all other 9 home runs had to be hit to RF even though it's hard to distinguish those spots in right that overlap making it difficult to count.
                    Good research Joe. Makes a ton of sense. Yankee Stadium fits hit style perfectly.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X