Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    Brick Owens comes to mind, and so do Hildebrand and Dineen from 1922.

Leave a comment:

• Brian McKenna
    replied
    Originally posted by ipitch View Post
    It's a classic.
    Love it - just made it the background on my computer.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisLDuncan
    replied
    Originally posted by Urbanshocker13 View Post
    When did he throw out an organist? Dosen't surprise me that guy is an a-Hole! I don't get how the hell he keeps getting playoff games!
    In a AAA game, he also threw out a guy that sang the national anthem. He's done quite a bit of crazy stuff, he sucks end of story. I hope he gets fired ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• Williamsburg2599
    replied
    I would have to say the one of the most famous current umpires is C.B Bucknor. Jerry Crawford is also some what well known.

Leave a comment:

• BradC34
    replied
    This could actually bring up a discussion on the consistency of the strike zone over the years. Do umpires really follow the given rules or do they already have set biases?

Leave a comment:

• KCGHOST
    replied
    How about Eric Gregg and his absolutely awful strike zone. As far as he was concerned as long as Glavine kept it down and away it was a strike.

Leave a comment:

• Urbanshocker13
    replied
    Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    Maybe because he's a minority and MLB is afraid of people saying they demoted/fired him for that reason???
    Why not than use another minority ump, there are others and they have to be better than him. He is horrible, he can't call strikes and he is a hot-head, seems he thinks fans are there to see him!

Leave a comment:

• GiambiJuice
    replied
    When did he throw out an organist? Dosen't surprise me that guy is an a-Hole! I don't get how the hell he keeps getting playoff games!
    Maybe because he's a minority and MLB is afraid of people saying they demoted/fired him for that reason???

Leave a comment:

• Urbanshocker13
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisLDuncan View Post
    I second that, the most inconsistent strikezones on the planent. I hope my team doesn't get too many of his games next season. He did throw out an organist though.

Leave a comment:

• Urbanshocker13
    replied
    Rich Garcia: "homerun"
    I have to admit that was one blown call, one I didn't complain about that much when it happened

Leave a comment:

• ChrisLDuncan
    replied
    As far as Infomous Umpires I'll go with Angel Hernandez, I don't know what famous calls he been involed in he just sucks!
    I second that, the most inconsistent strikezones on the planent. I hope my team doesn't get too many of his games next season. He did throw out an organist though.

Leave a comment:

• ipitch
    replied
    Rich Garcia: "homerun"
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GiambiJuice
    replied
    Who can forget Don Denkinger's infamous "safe" call in Game 6 of the '85 World Series

Last edited by GiambiJuice; 02-06-2008, 04:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• metfan13
    replied
    It's a classic.

That looks more recent than 3 man crews.

Leave a comment:

• ipitch
    replied
    Originally posted by bluezebra View Post
    I don't believe 'infamous' is the proper term. In the days of 3-man crews, a photo appeared in one of the national weekly magazines. It showed two umpires making a call at 2B. One ump was signaling "OUT", the other was signaling "SAFE". I carried that picture in my wallet for years, until it finally fell apart.

Bob
    It's a classic.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X