X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rennie Stennett
    replied
    Boone Bashing

There is no doubt Bret Boone was on the juice. I watched him when he got drafted by the M's, when he was traded by Lou because he refused to stop swingin' for the fences and when he had his second session with the M"s.
    He was all puffed up with that weird chin. He looked like a cross between the two weight lifters on Satruday Night Live (SNL) and a squirrel with a mouth full of peanuts. As we know, hitting the juice makes you stronger, but it also makes you recover from workouts quickly, so that you can continue to hit the weights all season, including the dog days, and it makes your bat speed faster. Hitting in front of Edgar didn't hurt either.

Just like in '93, when he was traded for continually swingin' for the downs, in '04 and '05, when he wasn't doing well, he could not shorten up and put the ball in play. He was the ultimate rally killer, hitting in the three hole, with Ichiro sitting down there on first on the average three hundred times a season. With Ichiro on first, it opens up the whole right side of the infield a dream situation for a batter. If you continue to go the other way, the pitcher will eventually bust you inside, giving you the opprotunity to open up and drive the ball.

The secret of managing a club is to keep the five guys who hate you away from the five guys that are undecided.

Casey Stengal
    Last edited by Rennie Stennett; 03-09-2006, 08:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• johnny
    replied
    Originally posted by DoubleX
    Wouldn't surprise me. Look at the players caught last year, we're not talking about homerun hitters for the most part. Matt Lawton. Alex Sanchez. These are small guys that rely on other things than homeruns.
    All I can say, is 'say it ain't so Ichiro!' h h h
    The only thing I want him on is Sashimi and Seaweed Tofu Soup -both damn good by the way, otherwise I am gonna have to call it quits on the modern game. :grouchy

Leave a comment:

• Dontworry
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOELESSJOE3
    Maybe not as much as I think, that could be the case. My view, I wouldn't be surprised to find some untruths or mistakes in Jose's book. Only saying that there has to be some truth in what he says in the book, many just dismissed Jose right off the bat.
    I agree, but the point I was trying to make is you cant take ANYTHING canseco says 100% seriously. That article right there proves many of the " events " he claims he's been through never actually happened.

Leave a comment:

• SHOELESSJOE3
    replied
    Originally posted by Dontworry
    " We can call him a rat, a scum, lots of other names but I believe there is more truth in Conseco's book and some of the names he mentioned. "

Probably not as much as you think. The story about boone has already been shown to be fictional.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print...820&type=story
    Maybe not as much as I think, that could be the case. My view, I wouldn't be surprised to find some untruths or mistakes in Jose's book. Only saying that there has to be some truth in what he says in the book, many just dismissed Jose right off the bat.

Leave a comment:

• Myankee4life
    replied
    I think he was also on the juice...a guy cant be that good a hitter for 3 years and just suddenly lose it. He's maybe a top 25...no way a HOF.

Leave a comment:

• Dontworry
    replied
    We can call him a rat, a scum, lots of other names but I believe there is more truth in Conseco's book and some of the names he mentioned.

When put under oath all of a sudden McGwire did not care to "discuss the past". Raffy did a Bill Clinton finger point impersonation and "swear" he never did steroids, looks like Jose can at times tell the truth, he mentioned both of them. Can I postitive about Mac, in fact I can't, never proven. But..... after a dozen denials at the least in press meetings all of a sudden when appearing before that panel, he doesn't want to talk about the past.
    " We can call him a rat, a scum, lots of other names but I believe there is more truth in Conseco's book and some of the names he mentioned. "

Probably not as much as you think. The story about boone has already been shown to be fictional.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print...820&type=story

Leave a comment:

• johnny
    replied
    We can call him a rat, a scum, lots of other names but I believe there is more truth in Conseco's book and some of the names he mentioned.

When put under oath all of a sudden McGwire did not care to "discuss the past". Raffy did a Bill Clinton finger point impersonation and "swear" he never did steroids, looks like Jose can at times tell the truth, he mentioned both of them. Can I postitive about Mac, in fact I can't, never proven. But..... after a dozen denials at the least in press meetings all of a sudden when appearing before that panel, he doesn't want to talk about the past.
    Don't forget Sammy all of a sudden not able to speak English...h

Leave a comment:

• SHOELESSJOE3
    replied
    I have long been extremely suspicious that Boone was juicing. Also, Canseco mentions Boone in his book. Of course, considering the source, that might not mean too much. But I tend to think Canseco is scummy enough to actually be telling the truth on these things - he doesn't care if he's ratting people out.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleX
    replied
    Originally posted by johnny
    oh my gawd double x, not ichiro h h h
    Wouldn't surprise me. Look at the players caught last year, we're not talking about homerun hitters for the most part. Matt Lawton. Alex Sanchez. These are small guys that rely on other things than homeruns.

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    He should be inducted into the "Frosted Lettuce" HOF

Leave a comment:

• csh19792001
    replied
    Not worth the effort.
    Last edited by csh19792001; 03-02-2006, 04:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• johnny
    replied
    Originally posted by Edgartohof
    He sure was hiding it well
    not only that, Podsednick got ripped off :grouchy :grouchy :grouchy
    at a minimum, he needs to get his money back.

Leave a comment:

• Edgartohof
    replied
    Originally posted by Edgartohof
    Actually, now that I think about it, he could have been juicing in '04. I mean did you see the power he put up? And once testing came around, he lost it all?

Leave a comment:

• Edgartohof
    replied
    Originally posted by GiambiJuice
    I know for a fact that the following players were on the the juice:

Scott Podsednick

Leave a comment:

• GiambiJuice
    replied
    Edgar huh? First I've heard, but I can't say I'm surprised. You could pretty much tell me any player from the past 15 years was on the juice and I wouldn't be surprised.
    I know for a fact that the following players were on the the juice:

Ichiro
    David Eckstein
    Juan Pierre
    Scott Podsednick
    Jose Reyes

Are you not surprised???

p.s. Please don't take this post seriousy.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X