Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenny Dykstra: Financial Guru

http://jacklowephotography.com/LennyDykstra.htm

They have HBO's Real Sports segment on Nails and how he's a financial genius right now and worth over 100 million just a few years after nearly losing it all.

BTW...that collision they show in the beginning is BRUTAL. Who is the other outfielder that he collides with? Anyone remember?
    sigpic

Originally posted by OleMissCub View Post

BTW...that collision they show in the beginning is BRUTAL. Who is the other outfielder that he collides with? Anyone remember?
    I wanna say Mookie

Comment

Seems like Lenny is bringing the same intensity to his investment job. I think his whole "I don't like to read", is partly an act. But what he has done is pretty impressive.
      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Lenny writes an investment column on Yahoo...he's very conservative, studies the companies carefully, sets an investment goal, and gets out once he's hit the goal. I think that he advocates things like writing covered calls to limit his risk, at the cost of limiting gain.
        Watch, now we'll find out that he's up to his neck in mortgage-backed paper and is broke again...
        "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Apparently, Dykstra's financial genuis and business acumen is a total sham. He owes lots of people lots of money, including his brothers. Plus, he's facing multiple lawsuits.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4084962
          Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
            Apparently, Dykstra's financial genuis and business acumen is a total sham. He owes lots of people lots of money, including his brothers. Plus, he's facing multiple lawsuits.

I also thought I read where his house was foreclosed on this month.

Yankees Fan Since 1957

Comment

From reading the ESPN article Dykstra seems to live in some fantasy land where he doesn't have to pay his debts. Life doesn't work that way, Lenny. :o

Comment

Oh, my goodness...who could have seen that coming? Seriously, did anybody really buy that story when it aired? Real Sports is an excellent show but it really suffers when Bernard Goldberg is given free reign.

After reading that story, I have to admit, he's an even viler scumbag than I already thought. I wouldn't have thought that was possible.
                3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

Comment

Originally posted by Los Bravos View Post
                  Oh, my goodness...who could have seen that coming? Seriously, did anybody really buy that story when it aired? Real Sports is an excellent show but it really suffers when Bernard Goldberg is given free reign.
                  I had my doubts. Dykstra never came across as an intellectual business type personality as a ballplayer.

After reading that story, I have to admit, he's an even viler scumbag than I already thought. I wouldn't have thought that was possible.
                  How can you borrow $23,000 from your own mom and then don't pay her back. Then his lame excuse about how he "took care of her" when he was making millions as a ballplayer.

According to BBF he earned at least $36 million over his career. How does one blow $36 million and end up broke?

Comment

It seems to me that several members of the '93 Phillies are absolutely insane...

Comment

I had my doubts. Dykstra never came across as an intellectual business type personality as a ballplayer.

How can you borrow $23,000 from your own mom and then don't pay her back. Then his lame excuse about how he "took care of her" when he was making millions as a ballplayer.

According to BBF he earned at least $36 million over his career. How does one blow $36 million and end up broke?
                      You surround yourself with the "right" people and it happens. Why do you think so many boxers become broke?

Dykstra actually scammed a Nigerian scammer?
                      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Jon Heyman gave it to him with both barrels a little while ago on Jim Rome's show.
                        3 6 10 21 29 31 35 41 42 44 47

Comment

Yeah, I kind of have to think I'd trust the monkey with the dartboard before I'd believe anything Dykstra, Goldberg, or Cramer ever utters again.

Comment

From reading the ESPN article Dykstra seems to live in some fantasy land where he doesn't have to pay his debts. Life doesn't work that way, Lenny. :o
                            He's waiting for his share of the bailout. He's "too big to fail"...oh wait...that was John Kruk.
                            "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
                            "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
                            "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
                            "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Harris View Post
                              He's waiting for his share of the bailout. He's "too big to fail"...oh wait...that was John Kruk.
                              Hey, at least John Kruk has a job.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X