No announcement yet.

Favorite home run ever hit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have nothing against any of these homers mentioned. But few can top the personal touch mine had for me.

Welcome back ARod. Hope you are a Yankee forever.
    Phil Rizzuto-a Yankee forever.

Holy Cow

Comment

The most impressive I've seen was one that McGwire hit off of Randy Johnson in '97 in the Kingdome. It went 538 feet and landed in the upper deck in left field.

I'm not a Dodgers fan, but my favorite home run is Kirk Gibson's off of Eckersley in the '88 World Series. The story behind it, Gibson's limp up to the plate, his fist pump while rounding first...everything about that home run is awesome.

Comment

A couple

The Gibson HR, natch (TV).

Also from TV: Ozzie Smith going deep LH against Niedenfuer in the playoffs (cant remember year--85? 87?). His first ever HR from the left side in his CAREER.

Comment

I have a few personal favorites. In no particular order:

1. October 28, 1995 - David Justice hits a solo homer off of Jim Poole in the bottom of the 6th in Game 6 of the World Series. That gave Glavine and Wohlers all the runs they needed as the Braves won their first World Series in 38 years.

2. July 20, 1993 - Fred McGriff drives in Ron Gant with a two-run homer to complete a five-run comeback by the Braves, a game they would win 8-5. This game was played despite the WGST radio booth being burned up in a freak fire.

3. September 22, 2007 - Scott Thorman just CRUSHES a first-pitch fastball off of Francisco Cordero to tie the game 3-3 in the 10th. I felt like it was so unlikely that I just started laughing.

I'll think of more later.
          46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Puckett's game 6 homerun in the '91 World Series.

Comment

Eric Davis off Dave Stewart in the 1st inning of game 1 of the 1990 series.

Comment

There are three for me:

1. Robin Ventura's Grand Slam that was never to be.

2. The the Maier home run in 1996.

3. The pine tar incident.

I see a trend here. :o

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X