No announcement yet.

first game you attended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1st game was a Yankee game vs Oakland in the summer of 1973 I was 6 years old. My older brother took me to the game. What a sight to walk out of the tunnel to see the stadium for the 1st time. I just bought the 1973 Yankee yearbook off of ebay. This is my 1st post on this site only one word can describe this site "Awesome"!!

Comment

Robin Roberts beat the Metropolitans in a new Shea
      Don't honestly remember it but I did enjoy Bat Day in Yankee Stadium in 68

Comment

Too young to even remember going. Probably the way it should be.

Comment

What I remember on my own: It was in 1991 and we sat in the upper deck at Altanta-Fulton County Stadium. The Braves were playing the Giants. Charlie Leibrandt started for the Braves. I left during the middle of the game because I had to go to bed. I read in the paper the next day that the Braves lost 1-0.

Retrosheet says: It was August 7, 1991. Leibrandt pitched seven innings and Darren Lewis's leadoff home run was the only scoring in the game. Bud Black (eight innings) and Dave Righetti combined for a six-hitter.
          46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

A Phillies game at Veterans Stadium in the late 1970s, when Pete Rose was playing for them. I made a sign that said "Pete" with the "P" as a Phillies-style P.

Comment

Like several others, I don't remember my first game (Dodgers Stadium in '69 or '70 according to my dad). The first I remember is White Sox at Red Sox in '72 or '73 (I was 4 or 5 years old). I remember that the game ended 3-2, but I don't remember which Sox won (White I think).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X