10 Cent Beer Night Pictorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Cent Beer Night Pictorial

Does anyone out there have pictures/footage of this debacle of a promotion? I realize that I have never seen images of Cleveland's 10 Cent Beer Night before. There has got to be some out there. Anyone with pictures of the Indian's Phalanx line against their own fans, covering the Texas Rangers' retreat, please post them.

You'll probably also want the picture of Tom Hilgendorf after he was hit on the head with a folding chair. That's the photo I remember the most from that game.

I've seen various books that have photos from that night. I can't remember any of titles of them right now.

Comment

Here's Hilgendorf holding his head. Also, Billy Martin is yelling to Ump. Nestor Chylak that he is taking his team off the field after fans jumped from stands and charged right fielder Jeff Burroughs during the 9th inning.
      Say hello on Twitter @BSmile & Facebook "Baseball by BSmile"

Comment

These are great! Keep them coming.

Comment

My father and grandfather were planning on going to one of the 10 cent beer nights, but wanted to see how the first one went before going. I don't remember if they were planning on taking my brother and me or not.

Comment

How much were ballpark beers then?
            I'm wondering what the % equivalent would be these days. A quarter beers?

Comment

Originally posted by dgarza View Post
              How much were ballpark beers then?
              I'm wondering what the % equivalent would be these days. A quarter beers?
              approx .71 cents

neat site when looking at historical salaries & prices:
              http://www.measuringworth.com/uscompare/

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
                  approx .71 cents

neat site when looking at historical salaries & prices:
                  http://www.measuringworth.com/uscompare/
                  Actually what I'm looking for is how much of a discount the 10 cent beers were.
                  (I know the promotional beers were smaller than then regular sized ones, but I'll pretend to ignore than now.)

Let's say beers we $3.00 back then (I don't know the actual price).
                  Well then the 10c beers were 1/30 the regular price.

So a $7 beer today at a 29/30 discount would be about 23c.

So how much were beers back then?
                  Last edited by dgarza; 05-09-2008, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Was that the year Jeff Burroughs won A.L. MVP?
                    "It's time to play America's favorite game- Name That Molina."

Comment

Are there any copies on video of this game? I wonder if it was broadcast. That would be a classic one to see!!!

Jeff

Comment

Disco Demolition was another great promotion, this one at Comiskey.
                        Loop DJ Steve Dahl gathered disco vinyl and blew it up in the OF between the two games of a doubleheader, destroying part of the field in the process...his fans also tore up big chunks of turf to aid in the demolition, and rioted in general. The ChiSox forfeited the second game.
                        Attached Files
                        "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X