Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't want Hammerin' Hank to lose his record!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want Hammerin' Hank to lose his record!

As a die-hard Giants and, until recently, a Bonds' supporter, I don't want Bonds to break Hank's HR record! :grouchy :grouchy h h

OK, I feel better getting that off of my chest.

And I wouldn't mind if he passed Ruth!! Just kidding. Just messing with ya, Sultan.
    Last edited by Honus Wagner Rules; 03-12-2006, 01:23 AM.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Join the club.

I hope he gets hi **s hauled before congress.
    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
    Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
      Join the club.

I hope he gets hi **s hauled before congress.
      Cool! Are there any club fees and do they serve free beer?
      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules
        As a die-hard Giants and, until recently, a Bonds' supporter, I don't want Bonds to break Hank's HR record!

And I wouldn't mind if he passed Ruth!! Just kidding. Just messing with ya, Sultan.
        lol, funny :grouchy

Dude, last October I started this thread ( http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=35053). Did you ever vote?

Comment

Cool! Are there any club fees and do they serve free beer?
          Sorry.....No beer, but we get served copious amounts of heartache and sorrow.
          "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
          Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
            lol, funny :grouchy

Dude, last October I started this thread ( http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=35053). Did you ever vote?
            According to the poll results, it looks like HWR voted that he would be "happy" when/if Bonds hits both 715 and 756.

Sounds like a different tune today.

Comment

As a die-hard Giants and, until recently, a Bonds' supporter, I don't want Bonds to break Hank's HR record! :grouchy :grouchy h h

I got suspiscious of Bonds the year he tore his hamstring and only missed a month. Ken Griffey, Jr. had a similar injury and was out the rest of the season.

I trust the records of Ruth and Aaron. The home run record is the most sacred one in all of sports.

If Roger Maris could hit 61 without performance enhancing substances, Bonds could hit 73 without any help. What I think steroids did for him was give him the longevity to pursue the home run record.

Comment

Originally posted by CTaka
                According to the poll results, it looks like HWR voted that he would be "happy" when/if Bonds hits both 715 and 756.

Sounds like a different tune today.
                Can't a man change his mind? h

Comment

Can't a man change his mind? h
                  No worries

Just thought it was funny. I pour my heart out into that thread opening, and Bill tells me to relax, and others accused me of trying to bash Bonds, lol. Excuuuussssee me!

Regarding your thread HWR, it will honestly bother me when he passes Hank, not Ruth so much. Hard to believe ain't it. Has Hank said anything about whether he will follow Bonds around, do you know? Can't imagine a man with his class wanting to, but who knows huh.

Comment

Damn Honus, looks like your running the gaumet of emotions there. I'm thinking you need an Icon Intervention!
                    At the very least, we need to schedule you for some intense time on the coach with Dr. Phil...or at least Dr. Frasier Crane if you find your way out here to Seattle
                    Johnny
                    Delusion, Life's Coping Mechanism

Comment

As a die-hard Giants and, until recently, a Bonds' supporter, I don't want Bonds to break Hank's HR record! :

I knew you were far too honest and knowledgeable NOT to come back to reality eventually. Unfortunately, several of your Giants bretheren here here are obviously too far gone to bother with.

Good to see you've finally come to a realization of the truth and stopped (senselessly) defending a drug abuser and lying cheat. He doesn't deserve the record and I hope he never plays another game.

Comment

I can understand the desire not to believe the worst (or even the reality) of the Barry Bonds situation. The guy has put up incredible numbers since 1999 and I think all of us at one time or another wanted it to be specious. There's just too much there now. Steroids for cattle? This thing is just getting ugly.
                        I am the author of "Checks and Imbalances" and "The State of Baseball Management."

Comment

Originally posted by CTaka
                          You should run that poll again, now that the truth has come out in full, and make the votes public. That would be very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by csh19792001
                            You should run that poll again, now that the truth has come out in full, and make the votes public. That would be very interesting.
                            That might be pretty interesting. You wanna start one? If you do, leave out the "don't care" option. Put 'em to a decision

Comment

I don't want Bonds to break Hank's HR record!

Yes we wouldn't want one cheater to break another cheaters record.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X